Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:37 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Woman Passing Out/Dying after a musicbox playing an eerie tune. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman Passing Out/Dying after a musicbox playing an eerie tune.  (Read 9375 times)
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: June 26, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »

A friend of mine is looking for a movie and this is all he could remember:

Ok so about three years ago i was watching TCM. I saw part of this one movie and didn't really think much of it at the time I only caught one scene from it. but now it keeps sneaking into the back of my mind and its bugging me to death! If i could only know what movie it was i would be extremely happy!

The movie was filmed in black and white and it seemed 1950'sish maybe earlier. In that scene there was a beautiful woman who had a music box. she for some reason was falling into a deep sleep as the music box was playing this eerie tune. it was almost as if she had been drugged or something. she just kind of collapsed I think she mite have died. i don't know. it was pretty awesome!

any suggestions would be welcomed
Puzzled
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »

Does he recall if he saw the movie very late on a friday night? TCM tends to show horror films of one sort or another at that time. If so it might help narrow the genre at least.
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »

I asked for a little bit more specific details and all he coudl recall were:

I remember she was wearing a white dress and i think she had blond hair its hard to tell in b&w. it wasn't very much of a horror movie but yes the music box mite have been the thing killing her i'm not sure.
also she was in her room and the music box was a very innocent looking wooden music box.

and since it was such a while ago, he didnt remember what day he was watching, sorry.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »

That sounds like a scene from "The Brain that Wouldnt Die".

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:29:50 PM »

I don't remember a music box in THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE.

My shot in the dark would be DRESSED TO KILL [AKA PRELUDE TO MURDER] (1946), a Sherlock Holmes mystery that features music boxes. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
KYGOTC

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »

I don't remember a music box in THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE.

My shot in the dark would be DRESSED TO KILL [AKA PRELUDE TO MURDER] (1946), a Sherlock Holmes mystery that features music boxes. 

Well, theres not a shown music box in the scene, but a very gentle, eerie, music box type of music playing over the scene that im thinking about. Remember? The Mad scientist dude put something in her drink and she passed out?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »

Yeah, you're not  crazy, I remember the scene.  But I was fixated on the "music box" part.  The original poster seems sure there was an actual music box. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
KYGOTC

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:01:38 PM »

Yeah, you're not  crazy, I remember the scene.  But I was fixated on the "music box" part.  The original poster seems sure there was an actual music box. 

Oh, ok. Then its probobly not T.B.T.W.D.. My bad!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Woman Passing Out/Dying after a musicbox playing an eerie tune. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.