Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:06:17 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FUTURAMA: The Beast With a Million Backs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FUTURAMA: The Beast With a Million Backs  (Read 6313 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 27, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »

*** out of ****.

Not quite as strong of a release as was Bender's Big Score  was, this 2nd direct-to-dvd Futurama feature is still a lot of fun.  I felt that the slight probelm with Bender's Big Score was that they tried to cram too much into the 1st half hour which caused some pacing problems but then it really picked up steam after that point during its last hour.  The Beast With a Million Backs has the opposite problem.  It starts out really strong for the 1st hour but then starts to lose steam during the final half hour. 

Also, the story is a lot more straight forward than Bender's Big Score was (which dealt with a complex time travel paradox calling back to 2 episodes from the actual show).  The story moves in a much more herky jerky manner at times which makes it feel a bit less than a movie but more like 4 corresponding episodes strung together.

But if you're as big of a fan of Futurama was I am, there's still a whole lot to enjoy here even  if this doesn't represent the show at the height of its powers.    There are particularly a bunch of typically great Professor Farnsworth moments and a hilarious new sport called Death Ball.

If you're not a fan than nothing about this release will likely convert you and just cause you to shrug your shoulders in indifference.  These direct-to-dvd releases are being made mainly for their fans and I don't think they're worried about picking up converts along the way.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:37:01 PM »

BBS was WAY too sappy for me, I hate when they try and make some huge romantic statement in futurama, it kills it. I liked BWABB better. BBS seemed forced, like they felt they had to introduce every character again. Good main story arc, but the details killed it. Sucks they sacrificed the Nibblonians like that. I'm hoping the last two raise the bar and inspire more.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
dean

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »

I got confused reading Ghoucks post because my brain can't process these things at the moment.

BBS is LOL compared to BWABB OMFG! 

One day letters will take the place of real words...

TeddyR

I'm looking forward to the new Futurama.  I enjoyed Bender's Big Score, particularly the first half, though it did get a little hamfisted near the end.

I can't help but appreciate the 'what does this mean for us and our many fans' line.  It's so stupid, I love it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Neville

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »

I think this one is far superior to BBS, it doesn't suffer from its pacing problems, and some of the best stuff is saved towards the end.

[SPOILERS]

The idea of a universe dating another one was just too damn great, and they used it nicely.

[END SPOILERS]

If the rest of the planned movies are as good as this one, I say keep them coming!

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FUTURAMA: The Beast With a Million Backs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.