Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:03:00 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Handed In My Resignation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Handed In My Resignation  (Read 3752 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 03, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

I just handed in my letter of resignation today and will be moving on in a few short weeks to a new, better position. This company has been holding me back long enough so I decided it was time to move on. Actually, I have my a***ole brother in law to thank...it was his back stabbing as the shop supervisor and trying to undermine what I do that finally got me to get off my ass and find something.

I'll be getting a $2 an hour raise, guaranteed raises yearly, and they will even pay for my daughters insurance which is costing me $84 a week right now. I couldn't pass that up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »

Congrats Odinn7, I've been there and done that but I didn't have job lined up. When I went to work where I am now I took a big pay cut, but after 10 years I finally moved up to management and got a big bump up in pay.

Sometimes you have to leave just for your sanity, although the insurance thing is pretty scary when you don't have it.

By the way, I hope everyone knows that I pulled a Sco...I mean  Conan on the screen names. Hopefully no one here is dense enough to have missed it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
odinn7

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »

Thanks Trek....I mean....uh....Kirok

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »

Well, congratulations. I wish you luck on your future endeavor.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »

Karma to you, Odinn. Too many people cling to jobs they don't like.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

Karma to Odinn7.  And Kirok is Trekgeezer Buggedout?   

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

Odinn, best wishes and I hope you are much happier.  Being happy at what you do every day makes a world of difference in a person.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »

Best of luck in the new job, I've always told people if you don't like where you're at move. This is the land of opportunity.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 03:34:31 AM »

I just handed in my letter of resignation today and will be moving on in a few short weeks to a new, better position. This company has been holding me back long enough so I decided it was time to move on. Actually, I have my a***ole brother in law to thank...it was his back stabbing as the shop supervisor and trying to undermine what I do that finally got me to get off my ass and find something.

I'll be getting a $2 an hour raise, guaranteed raises yearly, and they will even pay for my daughters insurance which is costing me $84 a week right now. I couldn't pass that up.

Congratulations, Odinn: best wishes and I hope all will go well for you.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 03:42:34 AM »

By the way, I hope everyone knows that I pulled a Sco...I mean  Conan on the screen names. Hopefully no one here is dense enough to have missed it.

Smile The odd thing is, the day before I noticed you'd changed your screen name, I was reading Alan Asherman's book on Star Trek OS where he writes in depth about every OS episode and the first six films. The episode I was reading about was The Paradise Syndrome where Kirk becomes a brave warrior named Kirok.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
odinn7

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »

Thanks everyone. The job was really eating at me the last few years and just became too much. The BIL was the final straw in all of it.

I already feel much better physically and mentally and it's only been a few days since I was told I have the job.

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »

Congratulations on your new job.  I know that the raise will help you out with you daughter's medical needs as well as you family needs.

I was in a similar situation too.  I was in a automotive retail job that had back stabbing, poor management, poor benefits, poopy-heads for coworkers and really crap pay for being a assistant manager  I was doing this for two years too long.  I was hating life real bad, my physical and mental health was not doing too well.

Then there was a ray of hope that was piercing through the gray cloud.  I followed this ray and found a better job.  I got better pay (a four dollar an hour raise), better management, awesome benefits, no poopy-head coworkers and it is a career I studied for in college.  Human Services.  I can now better support my family and my mental and physical health are a lot better.

I haven't even looked back.

I think that your's and my situation should be a positive example to everyone in this forum.  People should know that if they are in a job that they do not like (or just plain hate), they should look for that ray of hope.  Whether it is real bright or real dim, it is a light that is showing them a way out.

Good luck with you new job.  I hope that it will treat as well as mine does.

Karma for taking that leap of faith for the new job.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Handed In My Resignation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.