Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:50:32 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  ENDLESSLY WATCHABLE FILMS? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: ENDLESSLY WATCHABLE FILMS?  (Read 37488 times)
the master
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

back to the future and the goonies
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 02:06:25 AM »

I'll probably think of more later and probably go over 10, but in no particular order:
 Walking Tall (the original of course! ... "When's the last time you stood up in a movie theater and cheered?")
 Back to the Future (mostly first one, but they're all good)
 Close Encounters of the Third Kind
 Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
 It Came From Outer Space (OK, so I'm a flying saucer nut!)
 The Magnificent Seven
 Slapshot
 The Last Waltz (featuring The Band, Eric Clapton etc.)
 It's a Wonderful Life (sappy but great stuff, guardian angel always got to me :)
 Revenge of the Nerds
 Rocky (the original)
 American Graffiti
 Cheers

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »

More then ten certainly, but what makes all these films endlessly watchable are the little things in them. For example . . . There is a 13 second clip from "Lair of the White Worm" at YouTube, where you have Kevin, the boy scout in the film, knocking on the window of a parked car, to ask the driver for a ride to the next youth hostel. Most cinematographers, directors, writers would place the whole character in the scene, but the cinematographer/director/writer, as it is the same man--Ken Russell, shows only Kevin's hand and arm, when he knocks on the car window. But I never thought much about it, till I saw this clip on YouTube. As I said, it is the little things like this, that make a film endlessly watchable.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 10:30:56 PM »

Well BoyScoutKevin, I agree with your comments, if not with your example...  Wink

I'll probably think of more later and probably go over 10, but in no particular order:
 Walking Tall (the original of course! ... "When's the last time you stood up in a movie theater and cheered?")
 Back to the Future (mostly first one, but they're all good)  Close Encounters of the Third Kind  Earth vs. the Flying Saucers  It Came From Outer Space (OK, so I'm a flying saucer nut!)  The Magnificent Seven  Slapshot  The Last Waltz (featuring The Band, Eric Clapton etc.)  It's a Wonderful Life (sappy but great stuff, guardian angel always got to me :)  Revenge of the Nerds  Rocky (the original)  American Graffiti
All good choices... I always watch AMERICAN GRAFFITI when it's on, same of a few others.

I watched much of two GREER GARSON films that were on TCM today, MRS. MINIVER (1942) and PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (1940) films I've looked at many times and always find interesting.  I wouldn't have thought of them, but they're endlessly watchable to me. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

JAWS

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »

Jaws, for sure. I could especially listen to Quint's Indianapolis monologue over and over.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
brooky1969
Dedicated Viewer

Give us a kiss luv.

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »

Empire Records
Lake Placid
Deep Blue Sea
Jason X
Road House
The Quick and the Dead
Mars Attacks
Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element
Tremors

Plus pretty much any of the Roger Moore era Bond movies. Stuart Gordon and Sam Raimi movies, and well I admit to being endlessly fascinated by BloodRayne as well.  Wink
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »

Empire Records
Lake Placid
Deep Blue Sea
Jason X
Road House
The Quick and the Dead
Mars Attacks
Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element
Tremors

Plus pretty much any of the Roger Moore era Bond movies. Stuart Gordon and Sam Raimi movies, and well I admit to being endlessly fascinated by BloodRayne as well.  Wink
Empire Records, Mars Attacks, and Tremors are all great flicks.  Empire Records is VASTLY underrated as a motion picture and I wish people would acknowledge it.  Mars Attacks as well.

Jason X, while I love it personally (even own the dvd), isn't even a great movie, but it is perfectly watchable on a consistent basis.  Especially on like, a Friday night when there's nothing to do.  Great pick there.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
brooky1969
Dedicated Viewer

Give us a kiss luv.

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 10:01:22 AM »

Agree, Empire Records is terribly neglected. The dullest part of the movie are the first few minutes that set up the plot, other than that it flows perfectly. And come on, Rex Manning day was just freakin' awesome.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »

Agree, Empire Records is terribly neglected. The dullest part of the movie are the first few minutes that set up the plot, other than that it flows perfectly. And come on, Rex Manning day was just freakin' awesome.
Who doesn't love Rex Manning Day?

I quote that movie a bunch when I can work it into a regular conversation.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
masterdebater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

This is an interesting thread for me as I used to manage a video store and we could only play certain certificates during the day. We watched the same films over and over, sometimes 2 or 3 times back to back. So, here goes.

Bridge on the River Kwai
Zulu
Close Encouters
Day the Earth Stood Still
Forbidden Planet
Drunken Master
Wizard of Oz
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Toy Story
Shrek

The last 2 are for my 2 year old who plays them over and over and I still find myself watching and quoting the lines.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2008, 07:01:58 PM »

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)  Thumbup

The only film containing Steve Martin that I like, I could watch this 100's of times and never get bored of it. A really funny film with good morals and it's also extremely heartwarming.  Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)  Thumbup

The only film containing Steve Martin that I like, I could watch this 100's of times and never get bored of it. A really funny film with good morals and it's also extremely heartwarming.  Smile
You softie!!!  I admit if it's JOHN CANDY I love it.  STEVE MARTIN is another matter (though not problematic as he apparently is for you...)  My favorite bit is when they flash into skeletons in the hairsplitting near miss with the tractor trailers...  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2008, 08:50:02 AM »

Return of the Living Dead
Roman
Baxter
Der Todes King
The Proposition
Men Behind the Sun
Eagle Vs Shark

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »

Starship Troopers
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster
Attack Of The Mushroom People
Wild Zero

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  ENDLESSLY WATCHABLE FILMS? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.