Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:30:13 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  what is good movies for you guys? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what is good movies for you guys?  (Read 4733 times)
lilygood
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:41:36 AM »

hi , i like to watch action and horror movies , so i say , action and horror movie is good movie , what about u , just talk about everything about good movie . have fun here!
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:59:49 AM »

Boobies, Boobies, and more boobies. Then a few zombies, gunfights, more boobies, throw in some full-frontal-nudity, some Kaiju, cool cars, a few midgets, midget boobies, someone getting dismembered by a chainsaw, and then finish off with a good old nude womens shower scene.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:19:29 AM »

You know, I had a good response, but Ghouck's answer of boobies, boobies and more boobies really summed it up.

In all honesty, I try to look at what a movie tries to accomplish, and how well it follows through on that promise. That's how I can look at a movies like Seven Samurai and Return of the Living Dead and compare them. Both movies succeed wildly on what they were attempting.

But, yeah, boobies. They make every movie better.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:51:39 AM »

Yeah, well, if we're being honest here, boobies.  That pretty much sums it up.  Let's not forget butts too.

I like a movie with likable and sympathetic characters.  Not "good" people, they can be immoral criminals or whatever, but they have to be likable.  And it really helps if these characters wear some very tight and very well filled out tank tops.  If there's one thing I can't stand it's a movie that starts with the main characters being offensively self-righteous.  Instant channel change there.  After that, a story is nice, following the usual formula works well for me.   Toss in a cliche or 15, maybe a little atmosphere, big explosion at the end, then the main characters kiss even though they've showed no interest in each other previously.  Yup, call it a night.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 07:23:24 AM »

I'm a big fan of any movie that has lively, crackling dialogue.  Many courtroom dramas fall into this category, such as:

* 12 ANGRY MEN
* WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION
* ANATOMY OF A MURDER
* INHERIT THE WIND
* JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG
* TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

I'm also a big fan of urban crime films (especially if they were made during the 1970s . . . and it's a big bonus if they were made in New York).  Examples:

* DOG DAY AFTERNOON
* THE FRENCH CONNECTION
* SERPICO
* TAXI DRIVER
* SHAFT
* THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE, TWO, THREE
* MEAN STREETS

And, of course, horror, sci-fi, and cult classics.  I'll watch just about anything if it is really good (or really bad).  It's those damned mediocre movies I have trouble with!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »

Seriously though, for a GOOD GOOD movie (And not a BAD movie or a B movie), I need above all, originality, and I also need to be entertained. By originality, I don't mean the story has to be original always, but when you come up with a new story, and tell it through the same old jokes and cliche's, it's lame, while if you tell and old story, like from a book or comic book and make the actual scenes different than mainstream, It can be great. This is one of the reasons I don't care for the batman, spiderman, superman, etc movies: Old stories (which I'm ok with), but nothing new really added to the story. It's also why, IMO, superman 3 was a darn good movie, the concept of what Pryor did was new.

The Indiana Jones Trilogy (I guess it's no longer a trilogy now) was lame IMO, except for Raiders. Totally original story arc, and the actual scenes were very original. The rest just too the same formula and changed the details, but only in a superficial way. To me, it was transparent. The Terminator movies are another that area part of not as much a story as an idea (partially due to the movies themselves changing the over story), but, the actual scenes, sub-plots, and characters are interesting.

It also has to be something one can care about. In the Lord of the Rings movies, I got to a point whee I could care less if all the characters just plainly died, along with their cause, while in Shawshank Redemption, I could really care about Andy and Red, etc. Burgomaster mentioned "Dog Day Afternoon", how could you NOT get drawn into the scene and feel for the characters?

The original Cannonball Run is IMO a good example, basic story: A race across the US. The real fun is in the characters and all the crazy crap they have going on. In the two sequels, the magic of that is gone. There were so many original ideas in the first one: Sneaking through a roadblock on a flatbed trailer, drunken fake priests driving a Ferrari, Dom's split personality, hot women driving a Lambo and vandalizing roadsigns (or 'A' roadsign anyways).

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:32:51 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »

Entertaining by any means is what I need.  If I enjoy it it's good.  And as ghouck said, boobies work too.  BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »

Boobies, Boobies, and more boobies. Then a few zombies, gunfights, more boobies, throw in some full-frontal-nudity, some Kaiju, cool cars, a few midgets, midget boobies, someone getting dismembered by a chainsaw, and then finish off with a good old nude womens shower scene.

You, sir, should be in Hollywood producing this movie right now...  Cheers

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
peter johnson

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »

Ghouck is very analytical here -- I don't know if I can successfully distill what it is about films in general I would call "good" as opposed to the opposite --
As my wife says, it's like jazz -- She can't stand most jazz or overly dissonant or complex music -- I have to listen to all my Zappa in private -- yet she loves Hendrix from his Axis/Bold as Love period and Charlie Parker's bebop.
Same with movies:  Both of us don't go for gore, yet both of us think "In Bruges" is one of the best movies ever made, period, yet one of the characters literally explodes like a bag of blood at one point, so no matter what individual qualities I try to distill down, a movie can still be great and yet contain elements I hate.
Burgomaster:  Given your choices here, I would say "In Bruges" was made with you in mind.  Not to sound like a broken record, but don't put off seeing this.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  what is good movies for you guys? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.