Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:41:10 PM
714221 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Middleman « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Middleman  (Read 5025 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: July 04, 2008, 06:44:21 PM »

The Middleman is a new show on ABC Family Channel.  It's about a struggling female artist who is recruited by a secret agency to help rid the world of monsters, ghosts, mad scientists, and at one point, a giant talking gorilla. 

Sort of a mix-up of shows like Pushing Daisies, and the movie Men in Black. 

The first episode had them stopping a talking gorilla who killed members of the mafia.  The gorilla spouted lines from Scarface and The Godfather as he did it, too.  The second had an acient Chinese warrior who had become a statue coming to life, and the Middleman needed the help of a succubus.  This week's had Wendy and Sensei Ping, as well as the Middleman getting kidnapped by a hundred or so Mexican wrestlers. 

The show is pretty well produced, written well, and is almost too smart to be on ABC Family, as it doesn't mesh well with the rest of the shows.  It should've been on Sci-Fi Channel. 

I don't watch much of new tv programs, but this one is a must see, with only 7 or so episodes left of this season.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »

Never heard of it.  I will have to check it out.  When is it on?

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »

First run episodes are on Monday nights at 10:00.  Then they rerun it a few times at midnight throughout the week.

trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »

Watched the first one and then forgot about the show. Thanks for the reminder.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:10:04 PM »

Just a little trivia, but one of the writers for this series by the name of Andy Reaser is actually someone I graduated from Northside High School with in 1993.  We were the best of friends back in school.He and his wife moved to Los Angeles in 2002 so that he could pursue a career in television writing.  We talk every now and then but he's just busy, busy, busy, busy.

He worked as a production assistant on Charmed and then got to write/co-write some episodes and then wrote some of ABC family's websisodes for some kind of Wildfire thing and parlayed that into a writing gig for The Middleman.  I think that he has sole writing credit on 2 episodes.

I just think that it's great that he's finally having some kind of success in LA as he's really had to work hard to get to this point.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:12 AM »

That's awesome, Torgo!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »

Just a little trivia, but one of the writers for this series by the name of Andy Reaser is actually someone I graduated from Northside High School with in 1993.  We were the best of friends back in school.He and his wife moved to Los Angeles in 2002 so that he could pursue a career in television writing.  We talk every now and then but he's just busy, busy, busy, busy.

He worked as a production assistant on Charmed and then got to write/co-write some episodes and then wrote some of ABC family's websisodes for some kind of Wildfire thing and parlayed that into a writing gig for The Middleman.  I think that he has sole writing credit on 2 episodes.

I just think that it's great that he's finally having some kind of success in LA as he's really had to work hard to get to this point.   
Well, he's involved with a great show, then.  I don't know how it's doing, ratings wise, but it's a show I hope to see succeed beyond this season.  Only problem is, it doesn't seem to mesh well, really with ABC Family.  That and Kyle XY.  I figured they'd be on SCI-Fi Channel.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Middleman « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.