Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:01 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you seen the new "green" milk jugs? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have you seen the new "green" milk jugs?  (Read 5370 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 06, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »

I haven't even HEARD of these things till just now, let alone seen them.  Apparently they have a new design for the gallon of milk, that's stackable, and more compact, which supposedly cuts back on shipping costs, space requirements and such.

Here's a picture of it.

I don't know if they're in my area yet... if only Wal-Mart or CostCo have them, then I definitely haven't seen them (no CostCos around here, and I don't get my dairy stuff from Wal-Mart)

Some customers are complaining about the new design though, saying it's hard to pour without spilling.  I don't know if this is truly the case or if some people are just griping because they hate change.  Although, as someone else has commented, someone will probably invent a screw-on pouring spout for the new jugs soon.

Anyway, if you want to read the article, you can go here...http://www.dailytech.com/Cheaper+Stackable+Green+Milk+Jugs+Cause+a+Stir/article12245.htm

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »

Since I never go to Wal-Mart and the nearest Costco is 200 miles away I reckon I'll never see them. I don't know why we don't go back to the old cardboard milk cartons, bio-degradable and eco friendly. Unlike the plastic ones which last forever and are made from petroleum. Hell what was wrong with the glass ones? Tiny little paper cap and recycle the rest.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 02:05:46 PM »

Haven't seen them and we get milk from Jewel-Osco so I probably wont in the near future.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 02:07:19 PM »

We have them here.

They are a little weird to use -- they spill a lot easier because of the flat top, no spout to use.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »

Our milk comes in bags.  I've been told it is one more Canadian oddity. Cartons and jugs are available, but most milk is sold in 1.3 litre bags (which is approximately a quart: they come by 3's in a larger bag).  Just pop a bag into the handy pitcher, clip a corner and pour.  Waste material is minimal and is fully recyclable.  Easy to store too.  Jugs can be a pain.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:58 PM »

OK Menard...  say it...
Menard
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »

Jugs can be a pain.

Not in my book; I've always liked a good set of jugs.

OK Menard...  say it...

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:14:20 AM »

Lookingup Walked into that one. For some reason I never expect the Menard.
But now that you mention it: if you are wearing them, they are a pain; even if they are not plastic. So there.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:34:36 AM »

They sell those bags of milk at our local Kwik Trip stores in Minnesota.  Bought one once and the kids were b***hin' about it, the cat bit a hole in it;  Went back to plastic...um...containers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:42:30 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Menard
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »

For some reason I never expect the Menard.

Small | Large
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 02:49:11 PM »

I saw those jugs on TV and they do look rather cumbersome, but they're doing it save the materials that go into milk crates.

It does look like one of those space savings things that WalMart has been doing. They only sell liquid laundry detergent in the ultra version so that it comes in smaller bottles.  It cuts down on the amount of plastic being used and saves shelf space.

I have a gripe with them about dog food. I buy 40lb bags and they redesigned the bags to be square which makes it a real pain in the ass to pour.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »

I saw those jugs on TV and they do look rather cumbersome...

I used to watch Elvira too.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »

Since I never go to Wal-Mart and the nearest Costco is 200 miles away I reckon I'll never see them. I don't know why we don't go back to the old cardboard milk cartons, bio-degradable and eco friendly. Unlike the plastic ones which last forever and are made from petroleum. Hell what was wrong with the glass ones? Tiny little paper cap and recycle the rest.
I do often agree with you CHEEZEE

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

I do often agree with you CHEEZEE

Kind of makes you feel like scratching and spraying, huh? TeddyR
BTM

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »

Our milk comes in bags.  I've been told it is one more Canadian oddity. Cartons and jugs are available, but most milk is sold in 1.3 litre bags (which is approximately a quart: they come by 3's in a larger bag).  Just pop a bag into the handy pitcher, clip a corner and pour.  Waste material is minimal and is fully recyclable.  Easy to store too.  Jugs can be a pain.

Bags?  Wow.. didn't know that.  But does have the danger of being punctured during shipping leading to a hugeass mass? 

And how do you carry them?  Do they got a handle on top or something?

Just curious...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you seen the new "green" milk jugs? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.