Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:49:53 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who mailed those anthrax letters? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who mailed those anthrax letters?  (Read 5039 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 06, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »

though some here would not like his politics (isolationist, libertarian, etc) Justin Raimondo  at least gives us something about this still mysterious issue. 

granted, we've had alot on our plate since the days after 9/11 but these many years later i still don't have the slightest clue who perpetrated these acts.

i have read a bunch of things about al queda since 9/11, as many have, but I've never heard of them ahving anthrax letters as a component of their plan, nor have they mailed anyone anthrax since. 

This article seems to posit that it was a bunch of jerks at a government lab who both hated liberals and muslims, thus they would want to target the first while incriminating the latter.  admittedly, it's a very convenient resolution consideering the authors politcal bent.

but still,  who did the anthrax attacks?  muslim extremists?  where would they get anthrax?  i understand osama bin laden is in some region of the earth that is like the dark side of the moon or something okay.  but this happened here, so whats or excuse for not solving it by mid 08?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:52:22 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 08:09:14 PM »

I do find his politics and insinuations wacky to say the least, BUT it is a good question.  I hope they catch the freak someday.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »

I always considered it a lone jerk with access and knowledge who sent the letters as a warning of how easy it was to do such a thing (I don't think the letters were meant to kill anyone) but has since moved on to either crazier things, got locked up or otherwise incapacitated, or is decaying in a basement in the desert somewhere killed by his own anthrax.  In any event, I don't think we will ever catch him.  He's the Tylonel bottle killer of the 21st century. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Chicago_Tylenol_murders

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:56:45 AM »

tars- well that was the theory about Dr hatfill,  their long time and in would appear very much innocent suspect. 

the lone wacko theory does kind of work when you consider the seeming randomness of the victims:  tom daschle, the national enquirer, tom brokaw or something?

has anyone ever read the comic strip zippy the pinhead?
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

I think it was George Bush.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 08:49:33 PM »

I am laughing at the previous post...  BounceGiggle  Thumbup  Yes it's absurd. 

I do believe that whoever sent "those anthrax letters" is a turd who deserves to rot in their dirty cowardly little secret. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 08:32:42 AM »

it was a major red herring in terms of the war on terror.  people were buying cipro from some random pharmacy near my house by the bushel.  why they had it there in the first place is anyones guess.  maybe THEY sent the letters
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »

I'm guessing that whoever it was probably has no life of his own and got beaten up a lot in high school.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »

apparently the main suspect killed himself here is a very substantitive article.  the blogger is I understand a lawyer by trade so he gets pretty precise and well thorough

most messed up quote 
the U.S. Government now claims the anthrax attacks came from a Government scientist at a U.S. Army lab

Buggedout
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:20:39 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 04:29:11 PM »

Suspect in anthrax-letter deaths kills himself  

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080801/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/anthrax_scientist

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was one of the many nutjobs we have here in America. Remember the Forest Ranger that started the forest fire when she was burning some "Dear Jane" letters her boyfriend sent? Remember Susan Smith? There are so many loonies in the US that it takes quite a bit to surprise me these days.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »

it's seriously messed up that we were attacked by a government employee using a deadly substance from an allegedly secure lab.    not that we shouldn't have such labs, but how abut keeping an eye on who you let in there?  this guy was still gainfully employed by the government untill weeks ago.

all this time he wrote demented letters to the editor of his local paper. 
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

Maybe this dude.....?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »

Maybe this dude.....?

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who mailed those anthrax letters? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.