Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:57:27 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  old sci fi film about an alien who turned people to ash « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: old sci fi film about an alien who turned people to ash  (Read 5902 times)
chemicalken
New Visitor

« on: July 06, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

the film probably 50s had an alien who wore gloves to avoid killing everyone. he removed them and turned people to ash by touching them. at the end of the film he is wounded but  escapes in his flying saucer that destroys all the buildings as it takes off
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

i KNOW i've seen this!let me see if i can find the title,i may still own it..i know i rented it,at least...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:18:30 AM »

This one has been nagging at me too! I know that in HAND of DEATH with John Agar as the lumpy faced radiation monster- his  touch killed people....but he wasn't an alien. And the 4-D MAN  had the killing touch too....but again....he was the victum of a scientific f#ck-up as well. DANG!!! ARH!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JJ80
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »

"Not Of This Earth" maybe?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »

This sounds like a flavor of "The Astounding She Monster" (not the film, but it had a female alien who killed with her touch).  "Not of this Earth" and "Hand of Death" are interesting suggestion.  Time can distort what someone remembers about a movie, and it's possible that you have mixed two of them.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »

This sounds like a flavor of "The Astounding She Monster" (not the film, but it had a female alien who killed with her touch).  "Not of this Earth" and "Hand of Death" are interesting suggestion.  Time can distort what someone remembers about a movie, and it's possible that you have mixed two of them.

I just watched ASTOUNDING SHE MONSTER last night. To know what the alien looked like would probely go a long way to solving this mystery.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
chemicalken
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »

the alien looked human male. he (or is that it?) was shot near the end. for years i thought the title was 'the sixth column' but all searches have yielded nothig. thanks everyone for your input so far
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:26:20 AM »

Small | Large

Parts of The Day Mars Invaded Earth seem to fit here. ---people being disintegrated anyways.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:54:00 PM »

I am not sure, But this movies sounds awesome. I may go hunt it down now, :)

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  old sci fi film about an alien who turned people to ash « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.