Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:29:32 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Oatmeal « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oatmeal  (Read 3985 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: July 08, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »

I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast for a while now. One, because it really takes care of the hunger (when I wake up I'm ravenous) for quite a long period of the day. Two, it's really good for you.

However, it's kind of a boring meal. I'm mitigating it by adding salt and molasses, I've also experimented with the brown sugar. I just bought some frozen blueberries, which I'm going to try and throw in while it cooks.

So... oatmeal, good but boring. What are some ways I can spice up this meal? Note, I'm looking for something easy. Anything beyond something I can add to the basic oats while I'm microwaving them is not what I'm looking for. I might as well cook an actual breakfast if I'm going to do that.

Any suggestions?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:16:18 AM »

Had a nasty stomach virus for the last 36 hours or so.  As a result, I've eaten a hideous amount of oatmeal (once I got over the worst of it).  We eat a lot of it in our house anyway.

Maple syrup or any kind of syrup you might like, works.  Brown sugar or honey is good.  Any type of chopped fruit, berries, or such that you like can be added - check the canned section for stuff in light syrup if you want quick, but frozen or fresh is going to be better.  Raisins or other dried fruits are another option. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 06:41:27 AM »

We always get the flavored stuff, it comes in a variety pack. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »

I eat a cereal called Oatmeal Crisp, it is delicious (but expensive, wait for it to be on sale), I suggest Hearty Raisin.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »

I'm fond of adding brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and coconut to my oatmeal.  Makes for a really filling breakfast.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 02:32:58 PM »

oatmeal raison cookies are good for any occasion
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »

I eat a cereal called Oatmeal Crisp, it is delicious (but expensive, wait for it to be on sale), I suggest Hearty Raisin.

What? No Bar- B -Q sauce?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »

I make my own with steel cut oats and whole oats mixed, rolled oats are for cookies!  Then add some brown sugar or male syrup (the molasses sounds good too) and a pinch of salt. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

That's a bonny cereal, BUT IT'S NOT OATMEAL!

Sorry, couldn't resist  TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »

What? No Bar- B -Q sauce?  Question

I tried it once, I woke up in the hospital one day later, somehow things went horribly wrong, the government wont let me go any farther than that.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 11:47:11 PM »

I make my own with steel cut oats and whole oats mixed, rolled oats are for cookies!  Then add some brown sugar or male syrup (the molasses sounds good too) and a pinch of salt. 
-Ed

I've got the brown sugar, but I think I'll leave the male syrup alone.

Actually, I didn't think of the maple syrup of cinnamon. I think I'm going to experiment with different types of fruit, they really seem to liven up the bowl.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:40 AM »

They sell those flavored type here at Big Lots, cheap about $2 a box.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

-Ed

Actually, I didn't think of the maple syrup of cinnamon. I think I'm going to experiment with different types of fruit, they really seem to liven up the bowl.

I am most dreadfully embarassed.  No wonder no one ever comes over for breakfast!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »

Actually glad I read this thread.  Wouldn't have thought to add syrup or brown sugar to it.  Now I'll have to try.

-Ed

I am most dreadfully embarassed.  No wonder no one ever comes over for breakfast!
-Ed
I wouldn't.  Male syrup and all is very unappetizing to me.   TeddyR

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Oatmeal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.