Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:04:00 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Can you figure out this TV series? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you figure out this TV series?  (Read 9398 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 16, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »

Yes, you maybe wondering, why the heck am I asking about a TV series instead of a movie?  Well, this show is really leaving me confused about what the heck it was so I figure I ask you guys for help.  In case you are wondering, I have asked Andrew and he said it was alright to ask on the “what was that film” board.  So, I am ok to put up this topic!

So, now that you know all of that, I am asking for some help on this TV series.  I recall some episodes here and there so I will separate the episodes into different sections so you can tell apart the different episodes.  I’ll also put some information on what I can remember from the show’s setting and when it appeared.

Here’s all I can remember on the show:
+ The show takes place in some high school that the main characters attend or work at.
+ The school is very large and is kind of creepy looking.  Think of the mansion from Jumanji and Casper, but make it bigger and longer.
+ Show was supposed to be scary, with some occasional funny and normal moments in between the craziest.
+ The main characters were 4 to 5 students, plus what I think was either the janitor or the school cafeteria worker, I can’t recall what the guy did.
+ This guy also somewhat reminded me of Christopher Lloyd, so maybe he looked like him.
+ The show took place between… most likely 1994 to 1999.  I also think it was on the Disney channel’s One Saturday Morning, but I can’t find it if was.

Now here is the breakdown of some of the episodes:
+ One episode was a Thanksgiving special.  Students get this pet turkey that they keep at the school.  Meanwhile, they or some other people try do some tests on this frozen turkey (Or maybe it was alive one, it was a long time ago) using electricity and other gadgets.  After they give up testing on it, the turkey comes to life and becomes like this monster (The turkey is like a parody of Frankenstein) that terrorizes the students and kidnaps the pet turkey.  I don’t remember the ending.

+ In this episode, the cafeteria worker is fired for some reason and they hire this new woman to come to take his job.  She wears something over her eyes, but I don’t remember what.  Anyways, the students seem to love her and her cooking.  One day, one of the students take home a cookie from the lady and breaks it in half, he discovers ants in it!  He comes to some conclusion that the lady is feeding the students bugs and tries to convince everyone, but no one takes him seriously.  It isn’t until later that his friends believe him and think there is something growing inside of them.  They steal some mustard from the pantry, shallow some, and puke out these large maggots (Yeah, I know, it is crazy isn’t it? Buggedout)  The cafeteria lady is horrified and reveals to them that she is a giant bug herself.  I don’t recall what happens next, but in the end the old worker is rehired and everything returns to normal.

+ For this episode, I really don’t recall much from it at all.  In this episode, a giant spider gets loose in the school and starts attacking the students and employees, capturing them in its large web.  No human dies, but I don’t remember how the spider was taken care of.

+ The last episode I can remember is a bit crazy (This one is really is crazy compared to the others).  Somehow, a gorilla ends up in the school and falls in love with one of the students.  It then proceeds to kidnap any student or worker that harass the student it fell in love with and then place them inside some kind of large pie crust.  To capture the large ape, they trick the thing into a large van that has a ton of bananas on it and in it.  The person who drives the vehicle is the guy who I think was either the janitor or cafeteria chef, remember, I don’t know which job he had.

That’s pretty much all that I have and remember about this old show.  So, if you know what it was… please!!!  Help me!  This show has been driving me insane too long!  It is the only TV show that I do not know the name of from my past! Question

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »

This intrigues me. It almost sounds like David Lynch channeled Ed Wood, Junior to make a children's television show. It sounds so weird and stupid (an ape shoving children into a pie crust?) that I'd like to watch that show right now. Please "Bob," let someone know the name!

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:30:38 AM »

I've never seen it, but it would definitely be the show Bone Chillers.  I remember reading Frankenturkey, one of the books it was based on.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »

I've never seen it, but it would definitely be the show Bone Chillers.  I remember reading Frankenturkey, one of the books it was based on.

Well, I'll be!  You figured it out!  That's the show!  Thank you for helping me solve this mystery.  It was the only TV show I couldn't remember the name for from my childhood.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »

Check out the chick on the right. It's a pre-Strangeland, pre-ScoobyDoo Linda Cardellini.

I remember this show, vaguely. I had a couple of the books it was based on, too. Still have 'em actually, somewhere.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:04:09 PM »

Yeah, I think I have a bunch of the books. I've only read one, but it was pretty good. If I remember correctly, each book was three different stories by three different authors, whose names weren't displayed prominantly. I did not know there was a show bassed on them. None of the stories had continuity or featured the same characters.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »

Yeah, I think I have a bunch of the books. I've only read one, but it was pretty good. If I remember correctly, each book was three different stories by three different authors, whose names weren't displayed prominantly. I did not know there was a show bassed on them. None of the stories had continuity or featured the same characters.

Hmm... that doesn't sound like the Bone Chillers I recall. I remember them being, basically, like Goosebumps: one story per book. Unless they changed format at some point. If they didn't change format though, you might be thinking of FrightTime, possibly.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:54 AM »

I believe you're right. I think I have a few 'Bone Chillers' and a lot of 'FrightTimes' and I just slapped the title of one across the other. I read a lot of the 'Goosebumps' series in my youth and have a massive collection, but I thought the film versions were stupid. I fear I'm getting old. This show sounds absurd enough to hold my interest, though. 'LazyTown' sure did. Iceland is apparently one giant Ed Wood.

316zombie
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »

okay, i'm intrigued here, and old! i NEED  info on all these tvseries and books! the only ones i know are goosebumps, are you afraid of the dark and nightmare room for tv/ i have some of the fear street books, and a few babysitter's club, i think it's called.
HELP!! i'm a HUGE fan of kid horror, it's almost always scarier than the gore crap for adults)no insult intended, please!)!
could somebody send me ifo, please please please??with whipped cream and a cherry? PLEASE??
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:12:18 AM »

okay, i'm intrigued here, and old! i NEED  info on all these tvseries and books! the only ones i know are goosebumps, are you afraid of the dark and nightmare room for tv/ i have some of the fear street books, and a few babysitter's club, i think it's called.
HELP!! i'm a HUGE fan of kid horror, it's almost always scarier than the gore crap for adults)no insult intended, please!)!
could somebody send me ifo, please please please??with whipped cream and a cherry? PLEASE??

For books, check out...

Deadtime Stories

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/a-g-cascone/

FrightTime

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=fright+time&x=0&y=0

Bone Chillers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_Chillers

Shivers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivers_(novel_series)

Spooksville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooksville

Scary Stories For Sleepovers

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=scary+stories+for+sleepovers&x=0&y=0

As for movies, look into The Monster Squad, Beetlejuice, Little Monsters, Hocus Pocus, The Gate, Troll 2 (there's some adult-skewed stuff in it, but, maybe it's just me, but I think the whole movie feels like an feature length episode of the Goosebumps T.V. series), portions of the Stephen King's It made-for-television flick, and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

As for television shows, there's, of course, Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, Nightmare Room, and Goosebumps, but you might wanna also check out Eerie Indiana and the aforementioned Bone Chillers show, as well as Tales From The Cryptkeeper, the short-lived Tales From The Crypt cartoon spin-off aimed at kids.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head. If anything else pops into my brain I'll add it.

I'm a big fan of kids' horror as well, especially the Goosebumps books and all the post-Goosebumps rip-offs. I'm actually working on writing my own children's horror novella right now!  TeddyR

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »

As far as books, my daughter was a big fan of the Bunnicula books when she was young. Bunnicula is a vampire bunny who attacks carrots, draining them of their color.
316zombie
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »

karma for you both, thanks so much!!!!
John Randal
Dedicated Viewer

The Movie Renegade

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 08:13:23 PM »

Wow I was going to come on here and ask the name of this very same show.  I remember watching it on TV but haven't seen it in like 12 years. Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Can you figure out this TV series? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.