Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:09:21 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  '90s Underground Fighting Action Film « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: '90s Underground Fighting Action Film  (Read 21474 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: July 08, 2008, 02:43:44 AM »

I'm looking for the title of a film that used to play on HBO/Cinemax in the late '90s. It's a film about underground fighting rings, and I've been quoting one line from it for years. We'll get to that line in a bit.

Basically it was a cheapie action film about underground fighting rings. The main character is a guy who participates for whatever reason. He is aided by a black man in a wheelchair. So basically the main scene I remember involves part of the main character's training regimen. He repeatedly tries to outrun a bus in the city. It's really built up, and it shows the bus driver in contest with the guy every time. So near the end he finally outruns the bus, which causes the black wheelchair fellow to erupt into a repeated cry of "Booyah! You did it! Booyah! Booyah!"

I've been saying that line for years.

The only other scene I remember is when the main character finally wins in the actual underground fighting ring. The black wheelchair man steps out of his wheelchair (he can walk!), and admits that he was the main bad guy. "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

The summer I saw this movie (late '90s) I was on vacation with my folks. And every hotel had HBO/Cinemax and this movie was always on. It has a special place in my heart, but I have no idea what the film is?

Anybody know?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:12 AM »

The only underground fighting movie I can recall is BLOOD of HEROS....but I don't remeber a lot of the charecters beyond Rutgar Haur and the Chinese girl....hmmmm....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

I remember this movie as well and have been trying to figure out what it was called for years... let me know if you make any progress.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »

The only underground fighting movie I can recall is BLOOD of HEROS....but I don't remeber a lot of the charecters beyond Rutgar Haur and the Chinese girl....hmmmm....

Thanks, but as far as I recall there are no well-known actors in the film.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »

Great, I've seen this movie as well as a kid, remembering the bus racing part.  I have no clue what it is, but I'll keep an eye out.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »

I could be "Superfights" from 1995??

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 01:13:22 PM »

I could be "Superfights" from 1995??

No, but thanks for the suggestion. I believe the main character was a blond, sort of middle-age looking dude, as well.

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »

I had a weird thought about this thread while watching A&E, I remembered watching a movie where the beginning the character was acting in an Americas Most Wanted-style show, people see him on TV, then try to attack him before a bartender tells them he is an actor (in Spanish)  This may be the same film, but I am not sure.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 01:03:22 AM »

I had a weird thought about this thread while watching A&E, I remembered watching a movie where the beginning the character was acting in an Americas Most Wanted-style show, people see him on TV, then try to attack him before a bartender tells them he is an actor (in Spanish)  This may be the same film, but I am not sure.

Wish I could tell you, but I don't remember much else about the movie. I don't recall that scene, but I'm not going to say it wasn't in the movie either.

Thanks for keeping the thread in mind, I'd still really like to know the name of this movie.

Jere
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 06:37:03 AM »

Watched this movie when i was younger. It is about a guy who had a brother get murdered. Crippled dude trains him to fight where his brother did, in underground fighting rings. He buddies up with another fighter (who ends up in the hospital), and his sister. Been trying to find the name but IMDB.com hasn't come up with it yet.
Jere
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 06:57:09 AM »

Movie name is Full Contact

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106979/
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »

That certainly seems like the movie I'm looking for. I'm getting a copy of the VHS tape to verify, but I do not see anyway that this could not be the film.

You sir are a prince among men. You've solved a mystery that's been bugging me for several years now. My sincere thanks.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »

Received Full Contact in the mail the other day. This is definitely the movie I was thinking of, although I apparently had some details mixed up (the black trainer was not crippled).

Note: This is the movie starring Jerry Trimble, not the Hong Kong action film the IMDb poster shows.

Thanks again, Jere!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  '90s Underground Fighting Action Film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.