Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:35:34 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  things that make a bad movie good « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: things that make a bad movie good  (Read 10024 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Boobies;  Chicks in tight tank tops, falling in water, running in slo-mo. 

I'll sit through pretty much anything as long as it doesn't contain the following:

• Antagonistic, self-righteous characters
  • Totally irrelevant subplots, thrown in just to kill time
  • Completely flat, uninteresting main character
  • A message
  • Introducing characters in a completely overblown, Rambo-like fashion (Can you say Ghost Ship?)
  • Rap music
  • MTV-style editing

You forgot about little kids that they try too hard to make cute.  I had to turn The City of Lost Children off after I saw that kid give a littrle burp, oh yes how adorable is that.  Those crazy French.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »

Yeah, I forgot a lot of stuff actually  TeddyR  The stupendously annoying comedy relief character (that the movie makers obviously thought was hilarious), any handheld camcorder footage (unless it's Blair Witch or maybe Cloverfield)...we should make a complete list.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AllisonSNLKid
Dedicated Viewer

Your Saturday Night Live Guru since 1996!

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »

Some of my friends from a forum I help moderate are helping me with an article about elements of bad movies.  We're just randomly coming up with aspects of bad movies.

We came up with a few:

*Unintentional humor
*Outlandish dialogue
*The ability to do "Samurai Theater" during a movie - Steven Weber demonstrated this on Wings one time, and it was hysterical (for example, he was watching a movie with slaves on a huge boat, and was singing "Row Row Row Your Boat")
*A co-worker and I both saw William Castle's movie "Mr. Sardonicus," and while the grimace Mr. Sardonicus's face froze in was supposed to be terrifying, we both kept imitating it at work, and cracking each other up.  Again, a good example of unintentional humor.

OK....now you done it. I'm going to imatate Mr.Sardonicus at work Monday...scary thing is....no one at work will know what the yell I'm doing....or why....

HA!!!  We still talk about it too!!!!  And we saw the movie last summer!

Some movies are just so bad, you have to stick around to see how they end.  My mom stayed up until 3:30 (or even later, I'm not sure) on a Friday night/Saturday morning watching the movie "Rebecca," even though she admitted the acting was just a little over the top, but she couldn't turn it off.  She also kept complaining during "A Kiss Before Dying" that "Sean Young is an awful actress, and this movie is terrible" one time, but when I told her to turn it off, she admitted she "needed to see how it ended."

Endings you see coming 20 minutes before the movie's actual end is another criterion of bad movies.

It's like people only do things because they get paid.  And that's just really sad.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  things that make a bad movie good « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.