Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:38:00 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Devil's Rain « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Devil's Rain  (Read 66740 times)
John Rinck
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

For those who have the DVD, please put it in and FF to the first scene inside the church.  They show a symbol of Satan which looks sort of like intertwining triangles--only they aren't triangles but thingies that look awfully similar to the logo on the shirts that the actors on Star Trek wore!  Was this an inside joke (since Shatner is in the movie), or is this really the symbol for Satan?  Maybe the logo was an inside joke on Star Trek?
Kevin McCrary
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2004, 05:44:54 PM »

The chase scene on foot, with Shatner running from the minions, looked like he was playing football going for a lomg touchdoen run.  It was hilarious.
Ron Harris
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I taped this off of one of the Turner channels the other night.  I too saw this originally on the late night movie of the week as a child in the later 70s.  Scared the crappola out of me as well.  Tonight I shared the viewing legacy with my 10 year old son.  The cast was superb for the time as were the effects.  The story by today's standards is a bit cheezy but it still stands up quite well against movies that cost a ton more to make, ie I Know what you did last summer or Scream etc....Producers of the horror genre have gotten away from what really scares people.  I thoroughly enjoyed The Devil's Rain in the 70s and love it as much today.  Very little cursing for the most part and pretty tame by what are standards of viewing today have become.  For it's time it was cutting edge work imho..Though I am a CGI artist you can't get away from the classic way of doing things if you really want to capture your audience.  I would love to see this film remade though.  I think that more gore could be inserted and a bit better storyline could be implemented.  And definitely let Ernest relive his role.  The man is very underrated for sure.  I give this oldy but goody an 8 out of 10 vote.  Make a movie of this quality today for the budget they worked with then....and you might end up with 3 minute claymation project...if yer lucky...Kudos to TDR.
night heron
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2004, 07:53:51 PM »

Poor john travolta imagine being in a movie this bad? i guess after being a hunk he thought that he could do it sorry
Skun
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I just saw this movie after watching a genuinly creepy and moderately scary movie: The Amityville Horror. Devil's Rain was pretty hokey and the goat demon looked like a Troll Doll gone bad.

John Rinck,

Those symbols aren't triangles or Star Trek like symbols. That's supposed to represent the head of the Judas Goat. I think it's also supposed to be like an inverted Star of David.
lostgoth13
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

THIS MOVIE RULES!!!  it does need to be at it's designated time, such as anytime after 1am. A true 70's classic how could you beat the casting? it has everything you would want from a super 70's movie bad sound,bad makeup and effects and best of all bad acting! at least the casting was great! at the top of my all time list. what other movie has what we all would like to do , tie william shatner to a upside down cross and offer him to satan.(but would he want him?) any movie that has anton lavey himself and ernest borgnine as a satanic high priest/goat gets my vote. a true materpiece.
mike viger
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Saw this way back in '76.  Scared the bejesus outta this 7 year old !!!  As a kid I remember being completely transfixed by this movie.  I, too, found the melting wax man at the beginning fricken scary !!!  Satan's minions jumping from the back seat of the car driven by a woman made me s**t my pants.  And the snake transformation around the guy's neck shocked me too.  Oddly enough, I don't remember the cool finale.  Must of been dragged off home before the end.  Damn !!
Michael
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Saw this movie a few years back and it blew me away.  The best part would have to have been watching the opening credits and seeing travolta's name there, like he was a big time player in the film, and then watching the entire movie waiting for him to appear.  I guess his melting abilities far exceeded the other cast's, for i could come to no other conclusion as to why his name was added to the credits with such reverence.  All in all a good flick.  Stands up well against other such classics as "I Spit on Your Grave" and "Seven Doors of Death".  I only wish it were aired sometime before four in the morning.  
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »

When Satan saw that William Shatner was involved with this "movie" even he gave it a thumbs down(or claw down... whatever)!!!!

Hehe, ya know whats kinda funny? That guy's name is SHATner. Hheheh, get it? SHAT-ner!! HAHA!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Kelly
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

Saw this at the movies when it came out,in the 70's Hollywood had a fascination with the Devil all because of Rosemary's baby's success,and I forgive the stupid scenes because if they were smart enough to jump in a car and keep going,we wouldn't have had a movie to begin with..lol

I think this movie could be re-made and be a hit at the Box Office,after all it's not a bad movie,it's just not "It's A Wonderful Life" that you can watch every freaking year.

Ernest Borgnine was great,but he was better as Dirty Lyle in Convoy a a year or two later.

Captain Kirk being killed off and not being one of the main Devils A** Kickers at the end was a shock to me in 75,and just who the heck was this guy Tom Skerritt? "Top Gun" was almost a decade later and before that he was just a crazed War Vet in Cheech and Chong.

All in all,you can probably catch the movie on TV somewhere at least once a year,and you should see it once,but only twice if you take your medication.
annoymous
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 02:55:59 AM »

Always hope that the guys that made Mystery Science Theater 3000 would just tear this movie apart with a million Ernest Borgnine jokes and William Shatner mimics. Sadly not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Devil's Rain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.