Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:32:16 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So . . . anybody else here raise livestock? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So . . . anybody else here raise livestock?  (Read 5762 times)
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

On a more serious note....I live in farm country. To smell pig sh1t is to smell the country. When I was young I helped feed cows and pigs (mostly pigs). I would help butcher them too. And trying to catch a loose pig is quite a trick. Butchering them was a job I knew how to do...but wasn't wild about.

Yes, I know the smells too.  We never did the butchering ourselves, we'd truck them to meat lockers and let them do that.  We'd do the removal of the boy calves romantic equipment though with the assistance of the vet.  The farm my uncle had they raised pigs, but he stopped doing that because there wasn't much money in that.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 05:38:39 PM »

On a more serious note....I live in farm country. To smell pig sh1t is to smell the country. When I was young I helped feed cows and pigs (mostly pigs). I would help butcher them too. And trying to catch a loose pig is quite a trick. Butchering them was a job I knew how to do...but wasn't wild about.

Yes, I know the smells too.  We never did the butchering ourselves, we'd truck them to meat lockers and let them do that.  We'd do the removal of the boy calves romantic equipment though with the assistance of the vet.  The farm my uncle had they raised pigs, but he stopped doing that because there wasn't much money in that.

Cutting balls was done with heavy duty rubber bands...nasty sh!t. Mountain Oysters...that was eating. Not for me. Pig ear soup,pickled feet,even the eyeballs when the Mexican migrants had a cook-out...the pig head would be sitting there and the eyes would be plucked and ate by dumasses...I ate a pig eye once....the same day that I ended up driving my car into a cornfield and doing donuts. Many moons ago...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »

Not me, personally, though I've developed an interest in it...my girlfriend's family has a farm, at any given time they'll have a half-dozen pigs and a dozen or fifteen head of beef cattle. 

They used to raise chickens (one of them got stuck in the spokes of my girlfriend's bike once...) but alas, no longer.

I gotta say, they're the most delicious pigs and cows I have ever eaten.  I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to supermarket beef and pork...everything tastes better without steroids. 

VogNhymn
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »

We have a few beef cattle. It is nice not having to buy stire bought beef. Plus, steaks aplenty!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So . . . anybody else here raise livestock? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.