Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:17:41 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mamma-Mia, more like Mamma-Mia this movie's going to suck. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mamma-Mia, more like Mamma-Mia this movie's going to suck.  (Read 13456 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet...
Mamma Mia is the fastest selling DVD in the UK and it was in the cinemas far longer than The Dark Knight.
Pierce Brosnans singing is so bad, it's good.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Javakoala
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

oh...uh...I guess this is a bad thread to admit to singing along with ABBA songs when no one is around.....

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »

If no one is around, it's fine.
Sing along to your hearts content.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 04:41:27 PM »

oh...uh...I guess this is a bad thread to admit to singing along with ABBA songs when no one is around.....

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

Karma for you for being able to admit this  TeddyR

I generally avoid all musicals so I have not, and likely will never see it.  The idea of creating a story around ABBA music also just does not do anything for me.  I don’t change the station when they are on but I don’t seek them out either. 

I am most likely going to watch Sweeny Todd (with Johnny Dep) at some point when a friend of mine and I can get together to watch it.  He has badgered me into giving it a shot. 
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »

This film was on sale for £22.99 in Tesco!  Buggedout

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 07:03:25 AM »

I've seen the stage play twice (once in Boston and once in Las Vegas) and the movie once.  The stage play was very well done (I liked the Boston production a bit better than the Las Vegas production).  The movie isn't as good as the play, but it's okay.  But you MUST watch it to hear Pierce Brosnan singing.  I assume it's his real voice because it is absolutely terrible.  Everyone in the theater started laughing when he broke into his first song.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
jacob smith
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

hey guys. this movie is suckish, seriously Hatred who would pay for a pathetic attempt of a movie. the devil probably created this hot who would waste their money and lifes watching this terrible thing. oh and by the way, i know people who would pay to see this "mamma mia" film at the cinemas, and then pay.....to see it again Question Question so if you want to watch a cool movie, watch hancock. its epic, funny, cool, and all those things we really like. so this movie is Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

thanks 4 reading
                                  jacob smith
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 06:34:19 AM »

My wife owns this POS film. She loves it. Granted it's like nails grating on a chalkboard to me. I would rather drive nails into my head that suffer through it.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 08:54:56 PM »

The wife and I saw this on Broadway and I just didn't get into it.  I don't like Abba to begin with.  Then a few weeks ago she caught the movie on HBO.  First watching she said she didn't like it but sadly it grew on her.  Luckily she seems to be over it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

Although I've done musicals on stage in the past (Local productions, and things of that sort) I generally tend to avoid the movie musicals, because they just seem more forced and hackneyed than their stage counterparts.  Even Sweeny Todd was a bit of a let down for me, now that I look back.  It was basically a very watered down version of the stage show.  I understand that you can't put all of what was on stage in the film, and that in itself is the problem I have with movie musicals in the first place. 

As for Mama Mia...I never liked the play to begin with, and it made me even madder that it was nominated for so many Tony Awards.  It was all part of the very cheap and disturbing trend of basing plays on things that are already popular, whether they lent themselves well to musicals or not. 

So, I will never see the movie version, and from the sound of things, I made the right choice.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 02:07:06 PM »

I'm hoping they make a movie version of THE JERSEY BOYS . . . and also hoping they don't screw it up.  So far, it's my favorite stage play.  I've seen it twice and would gladly shell out another $100+ to see it again.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
John
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »

Seriously. This movie is f-ing stupid. It makes no sense, and worst of all the song gets on my last frickin nerves. I know i should say the full word but this movie has just left me speechless. Gayest movie ever.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »

We watched this one when my sister rented it for a get-together.

I admit to liking it "okay," especially as a full-family time-waster.  I certainly did not hate it as many here (including some who have never seen it...   Lookingup  ) apparently do.

Oh well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mamma-Mia, more like Mamma-Mia this movie's going to suck. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.