Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:18:13 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Update: Food poisoning be damned: he's baaaack....... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Update: Food poisoning be damned: he's baaaack.......  (Read 8516 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »

I'm blessed with a cast iron stomach and I've only had food poisoning once in my life and that was at a Carl's Jr. in Ontario, California. I was installing 12 CNC turning lathes and I was sick as a dog, glowing several shades of green.

Meanwhile I traveled the world, ate whatever, where ever, drank whatever, where ever and never had a problem in the least. Just Carl's Jr in the good ole USA is the once place that ever got me.

dean

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 04:02:52 AM »

I'm blessed with a cast iron stomach and I've only had food poisoning once in my life and that was at a Carl's Jr. in Ontario, California. I was installing 12 CNC turning lathes and I was sick as a dog, glowing several shades of green.

Meanwhile I traveled the world, ate whatever, where ever, drank whatever, where ever and never had a problem in the least. Just Carl's Jr in the good ole USA is the once place that ever got me.

I suppose you could call that one friendly fire...

I don't remember ever getting too sick from food to really cause extended trouble, but I'm only a young fella so I'm sure this is one of the things I can look forward to in my older years.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 04:18:57 AM »

Welcome back.

Food poisoning is always miserable.  It even comes in different flavors.  My most recent one came from botulism, from what could be diagnosed.  Not pleasant, that.  It also introduces toxins that screw with your perception.  If that's what you had (I don't think it's common from steak), my deepest and most understanding sympathy.

Thanks, Andrew: I was so sick the next day, I couldn't eat or attend the screenings, but my bosses knew what had happened. I still haven't heard from the two managers I wrote emails to ~ maybe a line to the consumer website www.hellopeter.com will make the buggers sit up and take notice.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 04:42:41 AM »

Welcome back Trevor, food poisoning can be scary, no apology or anything from the hotel huh? I worked with a guy whose whole family got it from a Pizza Hut over in Temple City (L. A. county, Ca.) He and his wife are now part owners of the franchise but they had a good lawyer. Glad you're back and that all is well.

Thanks Dennis: yes, no apology from anyone at all. The manager of the Choke 'n Puke restaurant in that hotel was "not available" when I went to see him on the Monday, so I just emailed his boss. Guess what? No reply.   Bluesad

You mentioned Pizza Hut: that used to be a great franchise here in South Africa in the 1980's but all of them have gone, never to return. I wonder what happened there? Question

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »

I received an email from the manager of the hotel apologizing for the incident and that he hoped this would be the end of the matter.

Uh, uh, I don't think so, bud.  TongueOut I've reported the matter to the hotel's website manager and I am also going to contact a few buddies of mine at the Department of Health in Bloemfontein so that the restaurant can be inspected.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

I received an email from the manager of the hotel apologizing for the incident and that he hoped this would be the end of the matter.

As if apologizing by email isn't tacky enough (at least pick up a phone!), the not-so-subtle mention of his true motivation really makes this guy sound like a douchebag. By all means, call your friends in the health department, and you might consider calling a lawyer and a couple of newspapers as well.

It's not so much the food poisoning that is troubling as it is the apparent lack of concern for a guest and the unwillingness to take responsibility.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:37:05 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 02:47:54 AM »

As if apologizing by email isn't tacky enough (at least pick up a phone!), the not-so-subtle mention of his true motivation really makes this guy sound like a douchebag. By all means, call your friends in the health department, and you might consider calling a lawyer and a couple of newspapers as well.

It's not so much the food poisoning that is troubling as it is the apparent lack of concern for a guest and the unwillingness to take responsibility.

Thanks, Andy. I met the manager on the 14th July ~ I was still not OK ~ and let him have the proverbial earful. He was synpathetic but maintained that the fault was not his as it did not happen in his restaurant. I then said "It happened in your #@$%^&* hotel so it is your &^%$* problem, whether you like it or not!"

I've since contacted the hotel group, the consumer website www.hellopeter.com and the hotel group have replied, so I'll sit and see what happens. If I hear nothing by Friday, I will go to the papers and I will report them to the Dept. of Health.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »

Thanks, Andy. I met the manager on the 14th July ~ I was still not OK ~ and let him have the proverbial earful. He was sympathetic but maintained that the fault was not his as it did not happen in his restaurant. I then said "It happened in your #@$%^&* hotel so it is your &^%$* problem, whether you like it or not!"

I've since contacted the hotel group, the consumer website www.hellopeter.com and the hotel group have replied, so I'll sit and see what happens. If I hear nothing by Friday, I will go to the papers and I will report them to the Dept. of Health.

I received an email from the manager this morning: he's offered me a free four night stay at any one of their hotels in South Africa, so I consider the matter closed and I will be going to Cape Town in October.  Smile

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 11:24:30 AM »

Sweet.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:13 AM »

Nice.  Thumbup

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 12:42:59 AM »

I received an email from the manager this morning: he's offered me a free four night stay at any one of their hotels in South Africa, so I consider the matter closed and I will be going to Cape Town in October.  Smile

If you were in the US with the right lawyer they would have offered you four free hotels of your choice.

I got food poisoning once at Carl's Jr while traveling for work (big chain out west now partnered with Hardee's) I contacted them with a nasty-gram regarding their poison food and they sent my a bunch of coupons for free food, a few $100 worth (I can write a really nasty, nasty-gram.) ...
So anyway ...

1. What the hell makes them think I'm ever going to eat there again.
2. From where I lived at the time to a nearest Carl's Jr was over 1500 miles.

I let it go at the time, I was to busy, traveling to much, and didn't get that sick to really worry with it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Update: Food poisoning be damned: he's baaaack....... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.