Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:04:27 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks  (Read 17776 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: July 16, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/jesse.jackson.nword.2.772975.html

For decades the Rev. Jesse Jackson has rallied against the use of the N-word -- an ethnic slur he has repeatedly told the American public is hateful and degrading.

Why I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you that the Rev'urn Jesse Jax-un would a race card playin' hypocrite. He and Al Sharpton (aka "The Justice Brothers") are two peas in a pod.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »

So should he publicly apologize to himself now or what?

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »

Here's a great example of why politically correct language is meaningless. Jackson can apologize up and down for his choice of words, and for his comments about Obama, but he hasn't changed his mind any. This was not like farting in public, just slipping out involuntarily. He consciously said those things, and he meant exactly what he said. There is no reason to believe he thinks any differently now, or that he will not continue to shoot his mouth off behind the scenes. He's chagrined that he got caught, but he's not sorry. I'd have told him to stuff his apology.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »

The thing is this genius has had more mic's on than Chin's in a Chinese phone book. He should have known the mic could have been 'hot' (on) and to speak accordingly.

AndyC is correct he knew what he said, he meant what he said and he still believes what he said regardless of what he says now. It annoys the hell out of me when these talking heads, pundits, candidates, candidate's wives/husbands say something stupid, get caught and think they can just go "Oops, didn't really mean that!" ... Yes you did or you wouldn't have said it, period. You own your words.

I know when I worked for others I had to "take back" something I said on more than one occasion (You're shocked, I know), it didn't mean a thing, it didn't change what I thought and it was just playing the political game of expedience. All it did was make me put the offended person a little higher on my sh!t list.

So the Rev'urn Jesse Jax-un thinks he can go diddy-bopping from news channel to news channel doing the "Ooops" dance and get away with it, I think not. He's never had any credibility with me and he never will, he ranks right up there with the Rev. "Big Al" Sharpton. These two trade in hate, they trade in oppression and if they really tried to solve the problems they preach about, they'd be out of business.

They're collectively a moron, but not so much of one to work themselves out of a job. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:20:58 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 03:44:09 AM »

http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/jesse.jackson.nword.2.772975.html

For decades the Rev. Jesse Jackson has rallied against the use of the N-word -- an ethnic slur he has repeatedly told the American public is hateful and degrading.

Why I'm just shocked, shocked I tell you that the Rev'urn Jesse Jax-un would a race card playin' hypocrite. He and Al Sharpton (aka "The Justice Brothers") are two peas in a pod.

I saw this on SkyNews last week: I didn't like what he said, especially the part about wanting to separate a part of Mr Obama's privates from the rest of him.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:09:26 AM »

Again, I think these frequent slips and slurs by Jackson reflect his growing frustration that comes from knowing he is a spent force in American politics.  I've never liked Jackson - he was a always such an opportunist, from the day he went on TV with Dr. King's blood soaking his shirt until now.  At least Al Sharpton is funny and can be self-deprecating at times.  Jackson is just rude and confrontational.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »

These two trade in hate, they trade in oppression and if they really tried to solve the problems they preach about, they'd be out of business.

I agree. Deep down, guys like Jackson and Sharpton don't want a black president. It would seriously undermine their power if a black man were elected to the highest office in the land. It might, God forbid, give black kids the idea that their race need not limit what they can achieve if they work hard. And Obama might actually, gasp, do something constructive to enhance race relations. That could put a lot of hardworking demagogues out of a job. Quick, somebody label this guy a sellout before he ruins a good racket!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »

DISCLAIMER: I, Grace, do hear-by solemnly swear I am not trying to offend anyone with the following post! I am only relegating opinions of my own and a few of Dr. Parker's (University of Tennessee).

OK, this is the kind of thing that p**ses me off, just like feminism. All these women want to be firefighters, but when the building catches on fire; what does she do? she looks at the nearest male firefighter and says 'you need to go in there". (I'm not speaking of all female firefighters, just our locals ones  Smile)

Jesse Jackson needs to be put out of his (or maybe more appropriately 'my') misery. Why sink yourself to the lowest of the lows when you've been consistently 'fighting against' these types of behaviours and languages. Next thing you know, he'll be like Mel 'Der Fuhrer' Gibson and go into rehab. If i had to go to rehab for everytime I offended somebody; I'd own lakeside behavioral health systems by now (me offend? shocking, huh?)

Anyways, I hate it when someone puts down racism, to only act like a racist. Following is my own experience with racism; which is not uncommon considering the area where I live, Cheezefixz can probably attest to that.

Before I changed my major to Criminal Justice, I spent a semester as an English major..whew it was terrible and i really didn't have the passion for it that i thought i did. Anyways, part of my core classes required that I take an Ebonics course. Mind you, this is a university...they should teach you to be smarter, not talk ghetto-etiquitte. Anyways, I was the only 'cracker' in the class (as I was referred to often, yeah, I can hear you even though you were sitting three rows back). Even the Professor, Dr. Parker, was african-american. Although now in retrospect, I think he may be the whitest person i know; even whiter than my dad (or my grandfather who fought in WW2 and it never left him till his death) and that's saying something.

Anyways, on the first day of class; Dr. Parker stood up at his podium and said to the class "Do you like being called a n****r?" the student body of course said, "NO" then he said "Do you like being treated like a n****r?" again they said "no". And so he answered like this "Then quit acting like one and furthermore that will be the last time the term 'n****r' is to be used for the duration of this class" I thought he had a lot of bal%^ to say this in front of 50 black students and one 'cracker'. But I thought he made a point when he went on to say 'pull up your pants, quit acting like a gang banger and refer to your ex by his name and not 'my baby daddy'.

Let me tell you one thing; I suffered through this class... One day, close to midterms, the girl in the next row asked me 'Grace, do you hate black people?" I said "well, I consider myself a misanthropist, I don't even like white people." I don't think she liked my quip, which I thought was funny, and if i wasn't treated differently before, i was from then on. Ironic how the fight against racism often just results in reverse-racism....

In the long in short of it, I guess my point is: Its ironic to see jackson act this way; it would be just as similar if I saw Dr. Parker down on South Royal in Jackson "Slinging rock and smacking ho's" (Eazy-E late eighties).

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 04:27:48 PM »

They're collectively a moron, but not so much of one to work themselves out of a job. 

I'd hate to see there IQ's when not combined.
These two trade in hate, they trade in oppression and if they really tried to solve the problems they preach about, they'd be out of business.

I agree. Deep down, guys like Jackson and Sharpton don't want a black president. It would seriously undermine their power if a black man were elected to the highest office in the land. It might, God forbid, give black kids the idea that their race need not limit what they can achieve if they work hard. And Obama might actually, gasp, do something constructive to enhance race relations. That could put a lot of hardworking demagogues out of a job. Quick, somebody label this guy a sellout before he ruins a good racket!

YEAH!

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

OK, this is the kind of thing that p**ses me off, just like feminism. All these women want to be firefighters, but when the building catches on fire; what does she do? she looks at the nearest male firefighter and says 'you need to go in there". (I'm not speaking of all female firefighters, just our locals ones  Smile)

Oh I know a lot of those ...

Anyways, I hate it when someone puts down racism, to only act like a racist. Following is my own experience with racism; which is not uncommon considering the area where I live, Cheezefixz can probably attest to that.

Yes I can, I see as much black racism as white and as long as there is black and white there will be be racism, it's to deeply ingrained into the culture. To think differently is to fool yourself.

Anyways, part of my core classes required that I take an Ebonics course. Mind you, this is a university...they should teach you to be smarter, not talk ghetto-etiquitte.

You've got to be joking, Ebonics is not a recognized language. It's as you said ghetto talk which IMHO only lends to make someone sound completely uneducated. Society gave them a made up holiday (Kwanzaa), I for one not going to accept a made up language just because you don't want to learn to speak properly. Ya dig dog, bet dat homey. (That my best ebonics, I don't speak it.)

Anyways, I was the only 'cracker' in the class (as I was referred to often, yeah, I can hear you even though you were sitting three rows back).
[/quote]

I always find it ironic when I'm called a 'cracker' I doubt those that call me or you that even know where the term comes from. It's comes from the sound of a whip; 'crack' and the one who has the whip is a 'cracker'. Slave master use to carry whips, and thus the term, while meant to offend is to call someone 'the master'.  So I generally reply "Better to be the cracker than the crackey." Pretty much leaves them baffled.

jdlarch
Bad Movie Lover

Reticence is death. Don't think too long on that.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »

This is supposed to be Humorous Captions. None of this stuff is funny (after the first three posts).

I'm not saying anything anybody says here is wrong or uninteresting. It is a hot topic. But it does not belong here.

Please take this discussion elsewhere.

Here's my caption:

JJ - What did I say? Oh, I meant to say 'nizzle!' And in closing....fashizzle!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:23:41 PM by jdlarch » Logged

Ready your mind and steel your heart against failure; for it's the only thing from which you can truly grow.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »

No, actually, if you look at the top and bottom of the page, wer are in the Off Topic Discussion/Weird News Stories board . . . right where this topic belongs.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »

This is supposed to be Humorous Captions. None of this stuff is funny (after the first three posts).

I'm not saying anything anybody says here is wrong or uninteresting. It is a hot topic. But it does not belong here.

Please take this discussion elsewhere.

Here's my caption:

JJ - What did I say? Oh, I meant to say 'nizzle!' And in closing....fashizzle!

Humorous Caption thread can be found here ...

If you are having trouble navigating the internet, please place the mouse firmly on the table and step away.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »

I always find it ironic when I'm called a 'cracker' I doubt those that call me or you that even know where the term comes from. It's comes from the sound of a whip; 'crack' and the one who has the whip is a 'cracker'. Slave master use to carry whips, and thus the term, while meant to offend is to call someone 'the master'.  So I generally reply "Better to be the cracker than the crackey." Pretty much leaves them baffled.

I have a similar perspective on when a person is arrested or denied a job and they blame racism.  Although sometimes it is racism it is a good bit of hypocrisy as they are assuming that all white people are racist.  Try wrapping THAT one around on them.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.