Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:01 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks  (Read 17771 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »

Let me get something straight, Jackson and Sharpton's proselytizing has nothing to do with battling racism and everything to do with lining their pockets. These two guys (especially Jackson) have made themselves wealthy by blackmailing large US companies and milking grants from the government.

Jesse is very much afraid of losing his gravy train.

There is a great divide happening between the old civil rights crowd from the 60's and young African-Americans. They don't see things the way the older generation does. They are far more in tune with what Obama is saying. He got a lot of applause at the NAACP when he said that he wasn't going back on the remarks he made that caused Jesse's little episode. He's on the personal responsibility band wagon and isn't getting off.

I'm wondering why he isn't recruiting Cosby to help him out. Bill got in a stink with Jackson and Sharptons folks when he started writing and publicly speaking out about African-Americans taking responsibility for lifting themselves up.

Jesse and Al are afraid of losing the fortune they've made by keeping their own people down.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »

I was thinking a bit about Cosby during this discussion as well. The Pound Cake Speech is something else. Cos is the guy the news networks ought to be going to for comment on these issues.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 10:23:05 PM »

I was thinking a bit about Cosby during this discussion as well. The Pound Cake Speech is something else. Cos is the guy the news networks ought to be going to for comment on these issues.

Cosby says what's true and the MSM doesn't want to report that. They prefer to have rebel rouser's like Jackson and Sharpton and Wright and Farrakhan that place blame on anyone but themselves. It's not good media to say 'we need to change our thinking in order to improve', whereas it's great media to say 'It's everyone else fault, but our own." and the squeaky wheel gets the grease or entitlement.
This doesn't apply to just the Jackson crowd, this applies to any whiny cry baby, you have to change your ways to appease us crowd.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »

Cosby says what's true and the MSM doesn't want to report that. They prefer to have rebel rouser's like Jackson and Sharpton and Wright and Farrakhan that place blame on anyone but themselves. It's not good media to say 'we need to change our thinking in order to improve', whereas it's great media to say 'It's everyone else fault, but our own." and the squeaky wheel gets the grease or entitlement.
This doesn't apply to just the Jackson crowd, this applies to any whiny cry baby, you have to change your ways to appease us crowd.

When it comes to the media, truth never sells well...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 08:40:43 AM »

Hey, media guy here. Remember?

---------------------
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »

Hey, media guy here. Remember?

But you're Canadian media so you have amnesty.

The US media is so biased, so slanted, so one sided, they don't even try to hide it anymore. Nobama is going to Iraq and all the big 3 networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) media anchors are going with him, meanwhile McCain has gone 8 times and the big 3 didn't even send a summer school apprentice journalist with a handy cam with him.

If people can't see just how slanted and one sided they are, and never ever practice objective non bias journalism. Even the AP siad something to the effect that is OK for a journalist to place opinion in a report.
NO! That's an opinion and not reporting, give me the facts and I draw my own opinion.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

No problem. I don't care much for the big media outlets myself, and I know lots of guys in the small-town news business who are more interested in making something out of a story than just reporting it. I just don't like the term 'media' tossed around without a qualifier.

---------------------
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »

No problem. I don't care much for the big media outlets myself, and I know lots of guys in the small-town news business who are more interested in making something out of a story than just reporting it. I just don't like the term 'media' tossed around without a qualifier.

A ... I had a qualifier ... "MSM" (Main Stream Media) which is a common name of the Big 3.

jdlarch
Bad Movie Lover

Reticence is death. Don't think too long on that.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »

This is supposed to be Humorous Captions. None of this stuff is funny (after the first three posts).

I'm not saying anything anybody says here is wrong or uninteresting. It is a hot topic. But it does not belong here.

Please take this discussion elsewhere.

Here's my caption:

JJ - What did I say? Oh, I meant to say 'nizzle!' And in closing....fashizzle!

My apologies to everyone! I navigated to this topic from an email. I thought I was only setup to get emails for changes in the humorous captions forum. I will pay closer attention in the future so I won't go off half-cocked!

Ready your mind and steel your heart against failure; for it's the only thing from which you can truly grow.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »

I have one thing to say about the word n****r (yes...I sed it.) When I was in jail...blacks AND whites used it indiscriminitly. n****r this and n****r that. I didn't,because I thought it was dumb. But it it was a part of jail house terminology,I guess. It's all PC Bulls**t blown out off proportion by polititions to advance there means. And A cheap bullsh!t shot as well. I don't give a flying f%ck about a man'n's lingo...show me his WORK.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »

I have one thing to say about the word n****r (yes...I sed it.) When I was in jail...blacks AND whites used it indiscriminitly. n****r this and n****r that. I didn't,because I thought it was dumb. But it it was a part of jail house terminology,I guess. It's all PC Bulls**t blown out off proportion by polititions to advance there means. And A cheap bullsh!t shot as well. I don't give a flying f%ck about a man'n's lingo...show me his WORK.

You should be getting a visit from the Rev'urn Jesse Jax'un with Big Al in tow in day now ... I pity the fool.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »

I just thought to myself, who are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to say what's right or wrong.  By basically forcing people to apologize for saying this n-word they are constricting our right to free speech.  So we can arrest Reverand Jackson for treason.  :toungeout:

My respect to Bela by the way for saying a word that some a$$hole labeled as taboo.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 09:14:47 AM »

That's what gets me. Pretty much any other forbidden word can be acceptable under at least some circumstances. I've heard academics on the radio, talking about racism specifically, who nervously skirted around the word 'n****r' when it was the topic they were discussing. Or falling all over themselves apologizing if they couldn't avoid actually saying it once. There was no doubt that these guys (can't remember if they were sociologists, historians or what) thought the word was bad. There was no question in my mind that their goal was purely to analyze and enlighten. Still, these academics seemed to think just saying the word, without any bad intentions or personal feelings of any kind, was wrong in and of itself, even if they had one of the few entirely justifiable reasons for saying it.

It wasn't just being on radio either. They played an excerpt of a lecture that featured the same song and dance.

That is political correctness out of control, when academics are afraid to speak a word they are completely justified in saying.

---------------------
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »

I've seen several news shows on this topic and not one of them BLEEPED the word ... HONKY, CRACKER, SNOWFLAKE, WHITEY, WASP or even terms used to define other races like SPIC, WHOP, KITE, WETBACK, CHINK, etc .... only the slang ethnic words used by and against blacks where bleeped. I forget which show I was watching and they used several slur word on blacks, n****r, COON, PORCH MONKEY, TAR BABY all totally in context of the subject as they had address other racist slur on other races beforehand and every black slur was bleeped, you had to read their lips and not one single slur on any other racial group was bleeped and the panel of people were from all races openly and civilly talking about the race slurs ... no one was angry or mad, unlike the so called ladies on the THE VIEW.

This kid glove, political patty cakes over words has got to stop ... if you don't like a word and don't want to be called a word then don't use the word. Blacks that keep the word, n****r alive are never going to get that in order to kill a word you have to stop using it. This crap with this group can use this word and this group can't is nothing but pure garbage.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »

I teach history at both the high school and college level.  Of course when you teach 19th century history, the word is unavoidable.  I will occasionally use it in the context of a historical quote - of course, I throw in a disclaimer in advance, basically saying that if you deny the past, you are condemned to repeat it.  I've still had a couple of students complain, but both were satisfied with my explanation of why I found it necessary to quote the word in its historical context.

Still, I'm just waiting for some firebrand activist to try and get me fired over it.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Fox: Jackson Used N-Word In Off-Air Remarks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.