Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:04:14 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 60439 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: July 17, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

Oh my goodness. How pumped are you guys for this movie? I'll admit, big budget stuff usually isnt my style, (hence me being on this forum) but I do love me some BATMAN. Not to mention its gonna have my 2 of my 4 favorite Batman villians in it: The Joker and Two-Face!

Im seeing it tonight at midnight all dressed up in my Joker duds, and then i get to wake up at 7:30 to go to work. Oh, joy.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Torgo

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »

I'm extremely psyched for this flick.  Batman is my favorite superhero (or crimefighter depending on your POV) of all time and it's great that he's FINALLY getting films done that truly do the Batman legend justice.

I liked the 1st 2 Tim Burton movies, but in hindsight, they now feel too much like Tim Burton movies intead of true Batman movies (did that make sense?  Wink).  They're fun to watch, but with Batman Begins the batman film saga has truly begun.

I'm seeing The Dark Knight at midnight tonight with some friends and then again on Saturday with some other people so I'll have thoughts by Friday on it.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »

This sounds like it's going to be the very best Batman yet. I'm here in Roanoke, Va tonight and if I can find an IMAX on the trip I may just watch it this weekend.  Thumbup  Thumbup

Torgo

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »

This sounds like it's going to be the very best Batman yet. I'm here in Roanoke, Va tonight and if I can find an IMAX on the trip I may just watch it this weekend.  Thumbup  Thumbup

Hey, I live in Roanoke, VA!   Thumbup

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »

Been waiting on this for three years.  My brother (oldarky) and I are headed out in the morning to catch the 9:15 show at the new Imax in Little Rock (we finally got one that shows theatrical movies).

From the reviews I've read this movie really bends the comic movie genre.   

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 04:15:31 AM »

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Saw it last night and it's fantastic.  It has it's flaws like every movie but any flaws are completely overshadowed by the amazing portayal of the Joker by the Late Heath Ledger.  He's very much the character I know and love in the comics, and then somebody came up and amped him full of more crazy.

It is by far one of the most memorable performances I've seen in recent years.

Most of the cast do well, Dent is great and so is Gary Oldman as Gordon.

My only complaint is that Batman as a character didn't seem to flesh out enough: he seemd flat, two dimensional and somewhat uninspiring.  But that could very well be in comparison to his more flamboyant out there other half.

I'm thinking of going to see it again at IMAX since I've never been and this seems like a great first IMAX movie.

My brain is still Batgasming. 

Now another long wait for the next one.  Bastards...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 04:19:29 AM »

THIS MOVIE WAS INCREDIBLE! It definitely lived up to its hype! Heath Ledger's Joker is maniacal, creepy, and unpredictable and damn..... this movie is just so good... I wanna see it again. The only problem I had with the film? Maggie Gylenhal (sp?). She is so god awfully unattractive that I literally looked away from the screen during her closeups. (Perhaps at one time she was a good-lookin' gal. Now she just looks like a flesh-eating ghoul.  Buggedout ) Despite the inclusion of the (apparently real) corpse bride (sorry Maggie) the movie is a joy to watch and it really delivers the goods. Go see it!  TeddyR

Oh and there's a trailer for "Watchmen" before "The Dark Knight" begins. It looks amazing!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 06:48:16 AM »

I pretty amped up myself in wanting to see this film.  It's been many years since I've seen anything on IMAX (The last time I saw something on an IMAX screen was in Pittsburgh 7 years ago).  We have an IMAX theater in Harrisburg PA so I may have to make a trip over there next week or the following week to see it.

EDIT:

I think I will wait some more before I see it.  I see my plastic surgeon next Friday and I'm not one of the best people to be around after I pay him a visit.  Saturday I plan on getting wasted so I know I won't go see it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:24:06 PM by asimpson2006 » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »

I'm putting off seeing this until the crowds cool off a little. I'm not willing to struggle through an NYC heat wave in the scant hopes that I might find a showing not already sold out. Question for the lucky ones who have already seen it though: is there less shaky-cam this time around?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:16:38 AM »

I'm putting off seeing this until the crowds cool off a little. I'm not willing to struggle through an NYC heat wave in the scant hopes that I might find a showing not already sold out. Question for the lucky ones who have already seen it though: is there less shaky-cam this time around?

Nope!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 08:39:48 AM »

Oh man, you mean there's just as much shaky-cam?! Cthulhu almighty I f*cking hate shaky-cam...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

I'm supposedly going to see it next weekend but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Torgo

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »

Oh man, you mean there's just as much shaky-cam?! Cthulhu almighty I f*cking hate shaky-cam...

IMO opinion it's not nearly as bad as the shaky cam in Batman Begins.   You get longer looks at the fights in this one.

BTW, I give it **** out of ****. 

I seriously doubt that there will be a better movie coming out this year. GO SEE IT!  Heath Ledger's take on The Joker is the stuff that cinematic legends are made of.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 02:35:49 PM »

If you didn't already know it was Heath Ledger, you would never guess it was him.  Echart does a great job as Harvey Dent  (I can't wait for the DVD to see how the hell they pulled off  the Two Face look).

I am going to depart from all the Batman detractors, Bale does a great job as the conflicted Dark Knight and is anything but flat.

I also am expecting to hear the griping about the shaky cam and Nolan doesn't know how to do action scenes. I can see what he's going for with the up close action, it puts you in the middle of the chaos which I find much more exciting than the standard wide shots.

All I've got to say is Holy Oscar Nod Batman!!  This is probably going to be the best film of the year and deserves some award talk and not just for Heath Ledger. Chris Nolan deserve some credit for the great job resurrecting the Batman franchise.

Can't really say much without spoiling something.  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:39:24 PM by I am Kirok! » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

I also am expecting to hear the griping about the shaky cam and Nolan doesn't know how to do action scenes. I can see what he's going for with the up close action, it puts you in the middle of the chaos which I find much more exciting than the standard wide shots.

I was just discussing the shaky-cam topic with my fiancee earlier today. The only time I feel it's appropriate is when being done in a context where the director wants to disorient their audience, like in a Blair Witch scenario where you don't get to see everything going on and that helps to spook the viewers. Fight scenes are not meant to be disorienting, they're meant to be well choreographed and exciting to watch, not confusing. Shaky-cam in a fight scene makes me think that either the studio cheaped out on getting a quality stunt crew or the director's just using a cheap gimmick like "bullet time" to try and woo the audience with visual "flare". Not every fight scene can be a Jackie Chan-esque ballet, but throwing the camera around and calling it "action packed" just p**ses me off.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.