Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:04 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 60563 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 08:37:08 PM »

http://I think "Bane" would be cool if a third Batman film is made (with all the hype and resulting ticket sales, how could they not want to do a third?), especially if he barges into Wayne Manor and breaks Batman's back
Bane's story is awesome (especially the events leading up to Batman's fall) and I hope they utilize him because he is a cold and calculating foe.  Also obviously very powerful.  In a way I'm with KYGOTC about the series going downhill but I have high hopes they'll do the right thing and keep it dark.  With the exception of Bane's story, I'd say the best shot of keeping the series from tanking is do one villain at a time.  Thats partially why I was a little disappointed with the Two Face character in this movie.  That and the little time given to him. 

Yea, I hear people sayin' "Two- Face issnt dead! He'll be back!" Personally, i think he's pushin' up daisies (or should I say, TWOlips? heheheh) but if he comes back, i'll be happy to say I was wrong as Two-Face is my favorite Batman villian of all time.

HOWEVER, if they DONT use two-face, I think Bane would be the best way to go. Anyone who does'nt know who Bane is, go read "KNIGHTFALL"  which was Banes dabue. Bane would be great because he has 2 elements that most villians usulay have one or the other: INTELLIGENCE and BRUTE STRENGTH.

His goal is to push the limits of Batman. To see what it takes to break him. Exaust him. Deprive him of sleep and food. Keep him busy. And eventually, DESTROY him. That would make for a GREAT film addaptation.

So forget Catwoman and Poison Ivy.
Forget Riddler and Hush.

What we need now is the BANE of Batman.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
dean

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 06:00:52 AM »

Don't know enough about Bane, but he sounds kind of cool.

Personally though I think that Hush would be the best choice: He's somebody they haven't used yet in the films so relatively unknown, and he brings a personal side to the whole Bruce Wayne as Batman thing.

Thematically I think it suits: every bad guy so far apart from Scarecrow [who was really secondary in Begins anyways] has had some sort of personal connection with Batman/Bruce Wayne in some way: Ra's Al Ghul helped Bruce become Batman, Two-Face was the man touted to replace Batman and Bruce was keen on the ideals he lived as Dent and the Joker was Batman's Shadow self, other ['you can't kill me and I can't kill you: we're both linked etc']

Hush is the bad guy who knew Batman before he went on that path [as far as I know] and there's some personal interesting plot points that you can create quite easily there.

Nolan seems the type to go that way at least.  Kind of like how they made Doc Ock a 'nice guy' in the start and end: Comic book tales seem to always work better on the big screen when the relationships are more than two-dimensional.

*Vague spoiler alert as if you haven't seen this already*

As for Two Face, well if you were to stick with the 'Batman never kills' mythos, then yes I reckon he's still alive, though I don't think it's suitable for no.3, maybe a brief glimpse and build him into no.4 but they have an out: they mourned him as the 'white knight' but he survives as Two Face.  There's too much there to exploit plot-wise to rub him out permanently.  Doesn't make good business sense.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 06:46:55 AM »

Just a question on Batman.  Does anyone find the voice Bale uses as Batman (especially the yelling) kind of annoying and almost funny?  Granted he seems to play Bruce Wayne perfect. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »

I would still like to see Penguin in a new Bat-flick. 

I'm hoping to see Dark Knight next weekend.

Just a question on Batman.  Does anyone find the voice Bale uses as Batman (especially the yelling) kind of annoying and almost funny?  Granted he seems to play Bruce Wayne perfect. 
I know a few people who don't like that. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

Just got back from seeing the film.  Warning: SPOILERS ABOUND!

*****SPOILERS*****

Ok, the film was better than I could have even remotely imagined it would have been.  From the first shot of the film, over looking Gotham, I was drawn in.  The film seemed to me to be much too short, despite it's two and a half hour runtime. 

Am I the only one that was tearing up a bit at Rachel's demise?  Am I the only one who was tearing up at Gordon's apparent death?  Then when Dent tells Gordon where to find him..."The place where my family died."....  So freakin perfect.

What can be said about the Joker that hasn't already been said!?  Ledger puts in the performance of a lifetime here.  Honestly, he hits the nail on the head with his portrayal of The Joker.  His recklessness permeated every single scene he was in.  You have no idea just what he is capable of next, what his next step is and Nolan makes the viewer feel that.  The film is in itself reckless, I actually found myself nervous at waiting for the next piece of the puzzle to fall.

Another thing I loved about the film was that it just assumed you had seen Batman Begins and knew what was going on at it's start.  Not only that, it doesn't feel the need to dumb anything down for you.  It assumes you are smart enough to keep up with the various plotlines and it doesn't hold back.  I watched Batman Begins on HD-DVD last night for the first time in about a year or so.  I'm glad I did as I was completely back up to speed once the film began. 

Was anyone else excited about seeing The Scarecrow within the first half hour of the film?  I was even more excited to see that yes it was Cillian Murphy underneath the mask again.  Not only that, but talk about some serious a-grade and b-grade talent in the flick.  Eric Roberts, and Anthony Michael Hall!?!?!?  How great was it to see them on screen again!?  Then on the good side, you have Ledger, Bale and Eckhart doing their thing.

Eckhart was another thing to love about the film.  His version of Harvey Dent was spot-on.  This is the Dent I wanted to see, a good character with good intentions but who is driven to the brink by terrible circumstances.  I have to say that the CG work on Dent's face is some of the best I have ever seen.  I hope we haven't seen the last of the character.

Overall this film was a perfect experience.  Everything here is top notch.  I loved, loved, loved, loved, loved it.  If Ledger doesn't at least get an Oscar nod this year, then I will be seriously p**sed.

*****End Spoilers*****

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jim H

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 03:16:28 PM »

Nolan has said he doesn't want to do a villain for the third one that has been on screen before.  Meaning Bane is out, as his ridiculously simplified and tiny role in Batman and Robin would nullify him as a potential choice.  Too bad.
dean

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »

Nolan has said he doesn't want to do a villain for the third one that has been on screen before.  Meaning Bane is out, as his ridiculously simplified and tiny role in Batman and Robin would nullify him as a potential choice.  Too bad.

Personally I'd say that his role doesn't count since he was essentially a flunky at best, and it took me a moment to actually remember he was in the film in the first place...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

Personally I'd say that his role doesn't count since he was essentially a flunky at best, and it took me a moment to actually remember he was in the film in the first place...

Yea. And if Nolan is SMART, he'll realize that because THAT Bane was soooo bottom-of the-Barrel BAD, that it would be so EASY to improve on the cheracter. Dig?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 01:47:58 AM »

Saw this last night and was very impressed.   Thumbup
It's WAY better than Batman Begins which I thought was just ok.

I found myself looking forward to every scene with the Joker and Ledger definitely didn't disappoint.
I kept trying to visualize him without the makeup but he was so good, I wasn't able to.
While watching his performance I also kept thinking, "I can't believe he's actually dead".

The best scene in the movie was when the Joker said, "I'm gonna make this pencil disappear" and slammed that guy's head down on it.
Everyone in the theater yelled, "OHHHHH!!!!" including me.   Smile 

The only thing I didn't like was the way the batsuit made Wayne's face look round.  It curved around down his cheeks and chin and kind of made him look a bit silly.

I get why some of you think Maggie Gyllenhall looks ugly.  It's her nose.
Personally, I find her very attractive.  Her beautiful eyes and soft sensual voice were quite nice.  But her nose does seem a little "off".

It was Ledger who made this movie great.  TDK would've sucked had it not been for his tour de force performance.
He definitely deserves a posthumous Oscar for his fantastic portrayal of the Joker.

I'd rate this film 3.5 out of 4 stars.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:55:45 AM by Ash » Logged
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2008, 12:12:46 AM »

This sounds like it's going to be the very best Batman yet. I'm here in Roanoke, Va tonight and if I can find an IMAX on the trip I may just watch it this weekend.  Thumbup  Thumbup

Hey, I live in Roanoke, VA!   Thumbup

Beautiful city in the midst of the Appalachain mountains. Great downtown and St. Andrews Church is quite prominent along with the Wachovia building and the new art building.

By the way DARK KNIGHT was pretty good also.  Smile
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:16:04 AM by Conan » Logged

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

I haven't seen this yet, it is constantly sold out at my nearest cinema! I've read all you guys spoilers tho', I had to.
I think if they do make another they should go with Clayface, who they have never used or Doomsday who appeared in that Batman v Superman story. Please no Riddler or Catwoman!!!! Definately No Catwoman!!!

No Robin either, god, that would just kill this franchise again. He's such a stupid character and would take away the depth and darkness that has been built up by these last two films now.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

I just saw it in Imax, astounding!  How they did Two Face I cannot imagine but I'm definitely going to get this on DVD.  I also love the disappearing pencil trick.  BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 05:36:53 AM »

I get why some of you think Maggie Gyllenhall looks ugly.  It's her nose.
Personally, I find her very attractive.  Her beautiful eyes and soft sensual voice were quite nice.  But her nose does seem a little "off".

I agree, I think Maggie looks alright, but I think that she and Katie Holmes were mis-cast. I thought Katie Holmes didn't fit in Batman Begins. Bruce Wayne could do alot better seeing as he's a bajillionaire!

Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 07:37:59 AM »

I finally got a chance to see it last night with my girlfriend.  The whole drive home from the theater we debated whether Harvey Dent/Two Face is dead or not.  I'm of the opinion he is, she's of the opinion that we'll see more of him.  I thought his burned face was a little overdone -- the visible bit of mandible behind his cheek was a little much for me. 

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that the Penguin is "too silly" for Nolan's Batverse; after the Scarecrow, the Penguin's my favorite villain. 

I've heard rumors that the Riddler is next in line; hopefully based on more recent portrayals of him in the comics, and not so much the Jim Carrey/Frank Gorshin version.  A severely obsessive-compulsive villain who is forced by his own psychosis to leave clues for the police -- They could even play it up as a Jack the Ripper sort of thing -- ol' Jack sent taunting letters to the London police, challenging them to catch him. 

The Batsuit is getting a little too spacey and futuristic for my tastes, and I'm kinda glad they blew up the Batmobile -- maybe now he can get something that won't be traced back to Lucius Fox. 

I was really glad to see "Bad Cop" Batman in the interrogation room.  That's always been my view of Batman -- he's the baddest of bad cops. 

And I still believe in Harvey Dent.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 09:42:40 AM »

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that the Penguin is "too silly" for Nolan's Batverse; after the Scarecrow, the Penguin's my favorite villain. 

I've heard rumors that the Riddler is next in line; hopefully based on more recent portrayals of him in the comics, and not so much the Jim Carrey/Frank Gorshin version.  A severely obsessive-compulsive villain who is forced by his own psychosis to leave clues for the police -- They could even play it up as a Jack the Ripper sort of thing -- ol' Jack sent taunting letters to the London police, challenging them to catch him. 

I have to agree with you on both of these, any kind of Batman villian can seem like a good villian if he's/she's casted well and has proper characterization.  I would like to see a Riddler so long as they don't follow the molds.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.