Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:04 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  House of the Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: House of the Dead  (Read 38405 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »

Oh boy did this movie make me really mad. If it had been a zombie movie I could have enjoyed it more than I did but no, it's a "game movie." The only connection to the game was a bunch of topless girls dancing under a "Sega" banner.

Really? Is that it, is that your grand investment? When a director thinks that nudity is a redeeming value in an otherwise crap film, that makes my blood boil Hatred. None of the game movies Boll has made touch on the games at all, like he can do them better. Alone in the Dark had monsters and I still couldn't sit through it.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »

This was a great review Andrew...something about this one just made it stand out....perhaps it was the pain you were feeling as you wrote it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
the master
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

uwe boll needs to stop
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 02:23:31 PM »

I once played this game at the arcade I believe.  This is a bad excuse of a video game to movie adaption or just a movie in general.    Why don't video game movies ever work out?!  Silent Hill was ok, but still.  I hope the movie adaption of BioShock turns out good because that is a great game that can be made into a great movie.  They have the writer for Sweeney Todd and the director for Pirates of Carribean working on it, maybe it will be good?

As for this film, it is best to forget it exists and focus on more interesting movies that involve zombies, like Dead Alive or Night of the Living Dead.  Let's move on.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 09:57:15 PM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Thee Dr.
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 01:42:54 AM »

Yeah! I had forgotten about this piece of crap! That Liberty character was f-in' ridiculous! And do you remember how they interspersed actual scenes from the game with the movie during the last few action scenes? Ridiculous, ridiculous movie!!
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:08 PM »

Re: House of the Dead
Reply #5. Posted on July 20, 2008, 04:38:20 AM by Cthulhu
I agree with Picket. This movie was FUN. It was incredibly stupid, but it had a lot of unnecessary nudity (we like that), action, and the best line in the history of cinema:
"Rudy: You did all this to become immortal. Why?
Castillo: To live forever!"
Uwe Boll is today's Ed Wood.

Cthulu made Ed Wood cry.

BounceGiggle

I'd say there's a special place in hell for Uwe Boll, but Satan threatened to sue me for libel.

Buggedout

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
anthonu
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »

I hated this movie, im a huge fan of the arcade games and i fealt like this movie didnt do it justice.
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »

this movie is so plain.
They even put game footage in between scenes.
Unless you like Uwe Boll, there no reason to this movie.
He just didn't even try.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:17 AM »

this movie is so plain.
They even put game footage in between scenes.
Unless you like Uwe Boll, there no reason to this movie.
He just didn't even try.

The same could be said for House of the Dead 2.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
clubseal
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 11:32:32 PM »

CalrissianFoxxSteele - If you like Uwe Boll, then you ARE Uwe Boll.

Hands down one of the best reviews, Andrew. I wish I knew about this site sooner.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »

Why was this titled "House of the Dead?"  Well, "Zombie Island Rave Massacre" does not have the same ring to it, nor a guaranteed fanboy audience.
I'd watch a movie called Zombie Island Rave Massacre.  ... Actually I'd probably buy it, just so I can tell me friends I have a copy of  Zombie Island Rave Massacre in my best dramatic voice. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  House of the Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.