Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:30:59 PM
714375 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TRAPPED ASHES « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRAPPED ASHES  (Read 3047 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: July 21, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »

OK, when you think "erotic horror," you usually think of some atrocious late-night Skinemax feature with tons of bad acting, boobs, and a very cheesy ghost or monster thrown in for good measure.  There are a handful of truly scary movies I have seen that had erotic undertones, and this was one of them. 

Six strangers get VIP tickets to a tour of a Hollywood studio lot, with an elderly tour guide to drive them around.  Two couples, an older guy (longtime B movie fixture John Saxon), and a single girl.  As they are being driven around they see the famous spook house from the movie "Mysterium" and ask the tour guide if they can go inside.  Once in, all passages lead to a central dining room - but then the doors and hallways close off behind them and they cannot escape.  The tour guide, caught in the central room with them, suggests that they are being manipulated into re-enacting the movie, in which a group of strangers shared their most horrifying personal stories.  After some arguing, they decide to go along.

Aspiring actress Phoebe goes first.  She explains that, after being turned down by several movie roles, she had decided on breast augmentation.  The clinic she went to specialized in a new form of boob job: using actual breast tissue harvested from cadavers instead of silicon or saline.  She's a little nervous but goes thru with it anyway.  The surgery sequence is VERY graphic and nasty, btw.    She immediately starts getting movie roles, but then she discovers that her new boobs are carnivorous and require human blood to survive.  However, the upside is that they constantly replenish her skin and internal organs, so she will never age.  You heard me right, B-movie fans - VAMPIRE BOOBS.  What a concept!!!!!

The next story is told by one of the men whose wife is also in the room. He explains how she was dragged into hell by the spirit of a Buddhist monk who had hung himself in a cemetery, then come back from the dead and seduced her.  (Yes, corpse-boinking!)  The abbot of the Buddhist temple gives him a prayer written on a piece of paper, and he has to go through a cave into the bowels of Buddhist hell (I didn't even think they HAD one . . . ) and force his wife to swallow the paper in order to bring her out.

The third story is told by Max, a retired Hollywood producer.  He explained how his best friend Stanley, a legendary screenwriter, acquired this really hottie girlfriend who kept making passes at him.  One day he went over to the guy's house to find he wasn't there and the girlfriend was.  His friend never came home - making a film in New York, then moving to Germany.  He lived there with the girl until she tired of him and left one day.  Forty-five years later, he hears that Stanley has died, and he gets a package in the mail with some ancient film footage from the 1890's which shows that the girlfriend was in fact an immortal, bloodsucking WITCH!

Last of all, the unaccompanied female of the bunch tells a story about her twin - but her twin isn't human, not even half a human like the infamous protagonist in BASKET CASE.  Her twin is a tapeworm that her mother could not get rid of without jeapordizing her pregnancy, so the two came into the world psychically linked.  And when her mom is committed to an insane asylum, the little girl has to take responsibility for FEEDING her hungry twin.  Who is on the menu?  Hello, step-mom!

After the four tales are told, the tour guide laughs and congratulates them on how each person portrayed themselves as the VICTIM in their scenario, and in four short sequences shows the TRUE outcome of their stories . . . that's when the protagonists realize that they are all dead, and this house is their own personal hell.

Don't get me wrong, this movie will never win an Oscar, but it is  a very fun B-movie anthology of horror stories that combine titillation with terror pretty effectively.

I leave this review with two words.

Vampire boobs.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »

she discovers that her new boobs are carnivorous and require human blood to survive

Compared to some of the girls I've dated, that's not really that bad  TeddyR

Sounds like a fun movie, I'll have to check it out some time.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:15 PM »

Quote from: indianasmith
OK, when you think "erotic horror," you usually think of some atrocious late-night Skinemax

No I think Julie Strain, both of them.

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

The vampire boobs segment was done by director Ken Russell, who also did "Gothic," "Lair of the White Worm," etc.

Because this is his last film to date, that's the reason I want to see it.

I just hope they don't try to sell the film on the sole basis of its trailer. The trailer is awful. One of the worst I've ever seen. Everything moves so fast in the trailer, I just couldn't tell what was going on. They should gave gotten Russell to do the trailer as well. Probably would have been alot better.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TRAPPED ASHES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.