Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:10 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What music CDs do you have in your car? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What music CDs do you have in your car?  (Read 6925 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 21, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »

We have had such a scorching heatwave here in New Jersey that I removed all the CDs that I had in my car for fear they'd melt!  Here's what I removed:

JUNE CHRISTY Gone For The Day / Fair And Warmer 
GARY NEWMAN The Pleasure Principle 
BIG STAR Sister Lovers
AMY WINEHOUSE Back To Black
The Best of A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS
PAUL & LINDA McCARTNEY Ram 
MOTORHEAD Ace Of Spades
MC5 The Big Bang
STOOGES Raw Power
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART & HIS MAGIC BAND Safe As Milk 

I'm not counting any summery mixes I burned myself.  That got me to thinking, what music CDs do you have in your car right now? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »

The only one in my car right now is Monsters of Rock, a bunch of hair metal stuff from the '80s.  I brought everything else inside because I've been upgrading my home stereo and listening to that a lot more than my car stereo.  Haven't really been listening to my car stereo at all lately. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 03:29:07 PM »

I have no CD in my car, will actually truck. I do have a 5 gig jump drive full of MP3's plugged into the stereo. So I have roughly 1500 songs in random play.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »

I have no CD in my car, will actually truck. I do have a 5 gig jump drive full of MP3's plugged into the stereo. So I have roughly 1500 songs in random play.
I thought of editing my posting after I posted it to encourage posts about whatever kind of music you've got...!!  I haven't commuted for a number of years, but may start again soon...!   Lookingup  So, I haven't looked into the great new ways to store, listen and share music... your method sounds cool, I could easily come up with 1500... just upload my library!!!   TeddyR  I do love my little CD booklets, though!   Smile 

Torgo

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:32:01 PM »

I've got a CD case that holds 300 CD's that I have packed full of burned CD's.

That way, if someone were to break into my car, they would only get away with burned copies and not my actual CD's.

I've got each CD-R maxed out as much as possible to 80 minutes and if I can combine 2 albums onto one that's what I do.

So 78 minutes (which is what most of them equal out to) at 300 CD-R's means I keep  approximately 390 hours of music in my car.   TeddyR   

I listen to everything from Abba to Venom and everything in between if it's good.  I have a soft spot for metal though.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »

...I listen to everything from Abba to Venom and everything in between if it's good.  I have a soft spot for metal though.
"Soft spot" for "Metal...?"  Noticed that.  I listen to what's good, too.   TeddyR

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »

I thought of editing my posting after I posted it to encourage posts about whatever kind of music you've got...!!  I haven't commuted for a number of years, but may start again soon...!   Lookingup  So, I haven't looked into the great new ways to store, listen and share music... your method sounds cool, I could easily come up with 1500... just upload my library!!!   TeddyR  I do love my little CD booklets, though!   Smile 

I have a Kenwood KVT-512 with the Garmin Nav package. You can use jump drives, memory cards and yes even watch DVD's on it all while it's telling you to go ... like I don't get that enough already. 

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=700PNAV512&search=Kenwood+KVT-512&tp=144

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:30:04 AM »

Unfortunately with the crime stats as they are in South Africa, I chose not to have a CD player etc. put into my Fiat when I bought it last year. A radio/CD player in your vehicle says to a thief: Easy cash money, so I just have about 200 songs, mostly stuff from the 70's and 80's on my MP3 player and I listen to that in my car.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »

I don't have a car... but I do have a car's worth of CDs...

If I had a car with a CD player I would most likely listen to my own mixtapes (is it mixcds now, or still mixtape, even if it's a cd???).

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »

Unfortunately with the crime stats as they are in South Africa, I chose not to have a CD player etc. put into my Fiat when I bought it last year. A radio/CD player in your vehicle says to a thief: Easy cash money, so I just have about 200 songs, mostly stuff from the 70's and 80's on my MP3 player and I listen to that in my car.

See I live in rural south USA (i.e. Redneck Country) and car thief's/break-in generally only steal/break-in a car once. It's hard to fart around here and not know who did it, so living in swamp country those that steal can easily end up shall we say, missing.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 11:57:29 AM »

Haven't had cd's in my car for a good while now I would roughly say it's been a good year and half since I've had them in my car.  I usually just use my ipod in my car instead or listen to satellite radio while I'm in my car.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »

Don't have any there now, but if I did, it'd more than likely be a bunch of my comedy cd's: Mitch Hedberg, Dr. Demento, Ray Stevens, Weird Al Yankovic, etc.

I've got a CD case that holds 300 CD's that I have packed full of burned CD's.

That way, if someone were to break into my car, they would only get away with burned copies and not my actual CD's.

I've got each CD-R maxed out as much as possible to 80 minutes and if I can combine 2 albums onto one that's what I do.

So 78 minutes (which is what most of them equal out to) at 300 CD-R's means I keep  approximately 390 hours of music in my car.   TeddyR   

I listen to everything from Abba to Venom and everything in between if it's good.  I have a soft spot for metal though.
That's a good way to go about doing it.  I've seen people have a ton in their car and then someone either steals it or just breaks in and takes what they can get.  It's cool that you have an eclectic music taste too.  Not many people would admit to listening to ABBA. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

I keep nearly all my CD's in my car . . . mostly Christian rock,
PETRA
IN THE DEEP
MERCY ME
DON FRANCISCO

plus my daughters love CELTIC WOMEN.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

I keep nearly all my CD's in my car . . . mostly Christian rock...
Christian Rock...?  Aren't those terms mutually exclusive?  Guess you don't hafta worry too much 'bout anybody stealing them. 

Torgo

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »

It's cool that you have an eclectic music taste too.  Not many people would admit to listening to ABBA. 

ABBA were brilliant pop songwriters/performers at their best.  They have influenced so many musicians over the years in so many different genres that it's really quite impressive.

My co-workers are extremely perplexed when they're thumbing through my CD case at work (I'm a data/policy processor so I get to listen to CD's all day which is great),   as I've got ABBA right next to AC/DC, Asia next to Anthrax, Black Sabbath next to The Beatles, Toni Braxton next to David Bowie, Bob Dylan next to Duran Duran, Iron Maiden next to Janet Jackson & Slayer next to Paul Simon just to give a taste of how wide ranging my musical taste is.  I also keep jazz, some classical and even classic country like Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash in my case.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:04:57 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What music CDs do you have in your car? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.