Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:33 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Two Animated Heist Films « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two Animated Heist Films  (Read 5873 times)
JJ80
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:42:43 AM »

Sorry to return to the well so soon but here goes:

1- This was a colour, feature-length cartoon that I saw in the early to mid eighties about a gang who rob a bank in either Germany or late-Tsarist Russia, eventually fleeing to Sweden. The film had a vaguely continental sounding narrator who pretended to react to the plot's events as they developed. There may have been a heroic policeman who relentlessly tried to catch the gang and was probably the film's actual main protagonist.

2- This was a short (circa 20-30 minutes) black & white film about a 1940's/'50's urban American street. It was probably an experimental project and was very odd. I seem to remember a date of around 1968 on the end credits. The backgrounds and studio floors were obviously theatrical scenery with the actors wearing pieces of scenery on their feet as they walked on the 'pavements'. There didn't seem to be too much dialogue but plenty of sound effects were used. The heist scene consisted of two extras fleeing in a cutout style car, running into a lamppost. A dead robber's body was depicted as a cutout. All in all, an extremely quirky little oddity.

Thanks for your attention.
BmasterKidHoek
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »

I love the sounds of this! So are you saying ones feature length, color, and the other is a short and black & white.
Where can I find the feature length one, and whats the name.

I'm making a report on hiests or crimes, for a law society, current law, I love to watch this s**t it makes a new,?
and usually based on some truth.

I love amimie, aswell!   Lookingup Cartoons, you name it! Have you seen Vigosari ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:26:43 PM by BmasterKidHoek » Logged

Far from here, A minute away, Hell school, The last day, Rich kids, Jawb, Cop killer..................................93 more titles.......
JJ80
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »

Good news BMaster, I think that I've solved No 1! It has to be "Agaton Sax and the Bykoebing Village Festival", a Swedish film from 1976. I was remiss in saying that it was set before World War One but my memory was playing tricks on me. The story appears to be set in the 1960's or 70's but in a stylised universe. It's based on a children's novel.
As yet the other film still remains elusive and enigmatic. As yet I haven't seen "Vigosari".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Two Animated Heist Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.