Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:45:39 PM
714341 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Andrew scarce for a little bit « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Andrew scarce for a little bit  (Read 7730 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »

Take care of business and take care of your family, Gunny.  Best wishes to Katie.  Same to Ed's wife (Mrs. Ed?)

Don't Bogart them horse tranquilizers, Anubis!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 09:32:50 PM »

Good health to Katie and good luck to yourself Sir.

Now that old man Borntreger's gone, we can break out the stag movies, horse tranquilizers, and knife-fighting monkeys! I got $20 on Furious George!!  hot

And what makes you think Andrew would want to miss out on the knife-fighting monkeys? That sounds like a good time to me, especially if we pit them against the Machete Midget Brigade.

All the best, Andrew; you're in my thoughts and prayers.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »

Andrew's gone?

PAAAAARTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though...I hope your wife pulls through ok and your move goes smoothly.   Smile  Thumbup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 01:23:04 AM »

On top of the poorly-fairing move, Katie is now in the hospital.  It's being looked at as appendicitis, should know more soon.  I had to bring the children back home to feed them, and Garrett was past reasonable (needing a nap).

In any case, I'm probably going to be scarce until we get this all worked out.

Take care, Andrew: I hope all will go well with Katie and I will see to it that everyone behaves themselves.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JJ80
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »

Sorry to hear about that Andrew, I hope everything works out well.  Thumbup
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »

Thanks all.  Katie spent most of the day at the hospital having tests done.  The doctor couldn't believe it was not appendicitis either - she got every test imaginable, including a CAT scan.  Nothing.  The best guess is that she tore an abdominal muscle very badly while we were moving.  She's going to take it easy for a few days.

Almost got the move under control.  If I can make sure Katie has assistance available tomorrow, I should be able to take one of my nephews with me and finish packing and moving everything.  Our new house looks like a cardboard box warehouse right now.  We're going to try to get the kitchen straight and work out from there.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »

Tell Katie to take it easy...those hernias can really mess you up if you overdo it too soon!  Good luck to the whole family!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
dean

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »

Our new house looks like a cardboard box warehouse right now.  We're going to try to get the kitchen straight and work out from there.

Sounds like a great opportunity for a godzilla recreation!  Yargh! Smash!  Just make sure the boxes are empty first...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Torgo

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »

Moving sucks!   You never really truly realize how much stuff you own until you have to move.  I've thankfully been in my 1st house for a little over 3 1/2 years now.  Prior to that, I seemed to be moving about every 3 years, which got old really, really quick.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »

Hope Katie gets well soon and that the rest of your move will be smooth along with anything else you  may need.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 11:35:52 AM »

We're getting there.  Hoping to setup my office in the next few days.  Getting the essentials in working order and everything figured out has been the focus.  Plus, I've been finishing the work to turn in our old townhouse we were renting (cleaning, applying paint touch-ups, etc).

I keep trying to watch a movie at the end of the day, but by then I'm exhausted and fall asleep in 10 minutes.  It didn't help that I had guard duty Sunday-Monday and was awake about 42 hours straight.

Katie did find a kitten (8 weeks old).  The children love having a cat.  The kitten loves having children to play with, most of the time.  Yesterday it hid under the couch so it could get a nap.  Andy and Jenna wouldn't give it any time to rest.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Andrew scarce for a little bit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.