Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:07 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Spitting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spitting  (Read 3326 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: July 23, 2008, 02:08:28 AM »

The other day I was hanging out with a friend and he had an aquaintence over that I had never met before.
We went outside for a smoke and this guy kept spitting and spitting and spitting.
He spat on the ground about every 10-15 seconds or roughly 5-6 times per minute.
It took him about 10 minutes to finish his cigarette and I'd guess that he spat at least 40-50 times.
It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.  The puddles of spit were all over the ground and I had to avoid stepping on them.

At my former job, there were lots of guys who would go out on break and each of them would spit up a storm and literally cover the ground by the front doors in spit.
It got to the point where I eventually said something to the managers hoping they would institute a no spitting policy but it never happened. 

I used to spit all the time when I was a teenager and also in my early 20's but as I've grown older, it seems so nasty to me now.
Nowadays, I only spit if I absolutely have to...say, when I hock up a nasty green glob (loogey) and don't want to swallow it.
And I always make a conscious effort to spit so that no one sees me doing it.
One of the biggest turn-offs to women is a guy who spits all over the place. (and since I'm single and looking...)

How about you?
Did you ever or do you currently have a nasty spitting habit?
What do you think of people who spit all the time and do you ever say anything to them?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:14:53 AM by Ash » Logged
dean

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 03:54:00 AM »

Eh, I spit if necessary but usually in a bush or something if I'm outside or in a sink if inside.  Health first!

Went to see a gig the other night where the lead singer screamed her heart out, and bolted around stage going a bit nutty, and this involved the occasional spit as she downed one of many bottles of water.

My boss also told me a story of one of his old businesses once where they were in a highly populated Greek area [there's quite a few here in Melbourne] and quite often he would see old Greek men spitting on the sidewalk quite often.  Apparently the cafe owner next door complained about it to one of them, and my boss told me how funny the discussion was, involving the Greek gentleman telling calmly the owner 'LET THEM SPIT!'

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 04:35:50 AM »

The other day I was hanging out with a friend and he had an aquaintence over that I had never met before.
We went outside for a smoke and this guy kept spitting and spitting and spitting.
He spat on the ground about every 10-15 seconds or roughly 5-6 times per minute.
It took him about 10 minutes to finish his cigarette and I'd guess that he spat at least 40-50 times.
It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.  The puddles of spit were all over the ground and I had to avoid stepping on them.

At my former job, there were lots of guys who would go out on break and each of them would spit up a storm and literally cover the ground by the front doors in spit.
It got to the point where I eventually said something to the managers hoping they would institute a no spitting policy but it never happened. 

I used to spit all the time when I was a teenager and also in my early 20's but as I've grown older, it seems so nasty to me now.
Nowadays, I only spit if I absolutely have to...say, when I hock up a nasty green glob (loogey) and don't want to swallow it.
And I always make a conscious effort to spit so that no one sees me doing it.
One of the biggest turn-offs to women is a guy who spits all over the place. (and since I'm single and looking...)

How about you?
Did you ever or do you currently have a nasty spitting habit?
What do you think of people who spit all the time and do you ever say anything to them?

I only spit if there's a reason for it and preferably away from people. It is really bad to hear someone getting all the greenies / loogies they can together and then letting fly with that and all the germs they can get together.  Buggedout

We had a game we played in high school:

Trevor (to big guy): "Are you strong?"
Big Guy: "Yeah."
Trevor (spits on ground) "Pick that up, then."
Cue Trev reeling backwards, clutching a broken nose.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 04:38:10 AM »

Beyond chewing tobacco....I see no reason for contant spitting.

If some one makes me very angry,I may spit on the ground,just to let them know that what they are saying is filling me with a bad taste. "PTOO!"   Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:49:12 AM »

I was spittin' a little bit yesterday.

Gross out alert:

Had a ham, cheese and mushroom omelet for breakfast.  A couple hours later I burped and wound up with a chunk of mushroom in my mouth.  That required about 5 spits  TeddyR  Yuck!

I notice a lot of pro golfers spitting all the time on TV.  I don't think they chew tobacco, and I don't think they're eating sunflower seeds either.  Just kind of nasty.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:58 AM »

I think spitting is a nervous habit for some people.  Personally I don't do it unless I have a huge loogie.  I tend to do it more when I have a cold or illness.  Kind of makes you wonder whats on the bottom of your shoe.   Buggedout

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 08:27:04 AM »

One of the biggest turn-offs to women is a guy who spits all over the place.

You know the opposite is true too, nobody like a women who is a spitter.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »

Normally it's just after I work out and there's too much salt in the saliva for me to be able to swallow it.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »

Its a nasty habit.  I try and hit a bush or planter or somehwere people will not ecounter it. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »

I actually spit alot, but in the privacy of my flat. I can't help it though I have a very bad influx of phlegm, that just shoots into my throat. It's every morning when I wake up for about an hour. My ex-girlfriend also used to spit, but I didn't mind at all.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Spitting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.