Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:47:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Friday 13th (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Friday 13th (2009)  (Read 10094 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: July 24, 2008, 07:04:43 AM »

I've just seen the photos from the remake of Friday 13th that is due for release in February of next year.
I let out a sigh of dissapointment. The shots look good and Jason looks great, but I fear it will just be another load of One Tree Hill idiots, rappers, bad cgi and sets lit up like christmas trees, with either freddy or mike myers turning up and blast everyone into space to crack marijuana jokes! I just don't understand why directors make these films, claiming to be fans of a series and remaking films that are only about 20 years old. They "butcher" them for money and studios don't give a rat's ass what horror fans think, horror is pretty much dead to me as a genre. Why oh why can't they just invent some decent new slasher monsters or make an original film with the Jason character. I mean, I threw up a little in utter disgust when I first watched Jason X and the so bad, it should be erased, Freddy vs Jason. Those two films were so disgraceful and such an insult that everyone involved should be hunted down and massacred with a rusty machete!

Kane Hodder is gone too, (I don't blame him!) being replaced by Derek Mears who was in another half-assed remake of The Hills Have Eyes. There's just something special about old-style splatter effects and dimly lit woods/houses being stalked by imaginitve psycho's, whilst backed by 80s rock/pop soundtracks, but hey....people are dumb and like what studios/the media tell them to like.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:20:42 AM by circus_circus » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 08:12:39 AM »

As with all these remakes, I look forward with vague anticipation to the day it premiers on cable.  They just don't know how to make slashers anymore - they think they're about seeing the latest peppy WB star, but actually they're about gratuitous nudity and gore.  The genre is still alive and well in the straight-to-DVD market though.  Why watch the latest remake when each month there are new DVD releases of obscure, genuine slashers from the '80s?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Yes, the large number of fresh-faced twenty-somethings does not exactly fill me with confidence in this movie. That and the music video director at the helm. And the writers who have very little on their resume other than Freddy vs. Jason. And the fact that this remake appears to omit the whole original story with Jason's mother as the killer, opting instead to go straight to Jason. I know very little about this movie, but I imagine they are going to include some kind of extended origin story, a la Halloween. That thought just makes me wish it was in the hands of Rob Zombie, or at least someone who understands horror. This thing's got so many strikes against it, I can almost guarantee it's going to suck.

Still, the guy they've got playing Jason seems like a good choice -- six-foot-five, muscular, bald and a stuntman. Stick a hockey mask on him and he's ready to go.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »

I think a remake/reboot is a horrible way to go.  Seems pretty pointless, if you ask me.  There's been 11 movies so far, and at this point in the franchise, people know the story.  We don't need it explained to us.  It's not like they're gonna bring in a new audience with this.  Should've just went with another sequel instead of a remake.  And to not have the mother involved (not sure if she's in this or not), seems dumb if it's a retelling of the first.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »

It might be good, I'll watch it before I judge it.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
the master
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »

who swims in sewager water?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

Only other shot I could find...

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »

I am pretty much against needless remakes as well... But hasn't the Friday the 13th series for the most part always been about the contemporary group of idiots getting bloodily covered with the latest effects to the popular music of the time? Only thing that shall probably break from the tradition is the sloppy camerawork and editing that will probably be present here, as it is in most recent films TongueOut
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:54:10 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »

You could essentially say that each Friday flick is a remake of the previous one, they just change the faces.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

Here's the very first trailer, it's bit crappy and you can't hear properly as it's at some media unveiling thingy.

Small | Large

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »

Here's the very first trailer, it's bit crappy and you can't hear properly as it's at some media unveiling thingy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAT72O6Vtew&feature=related
Damn... I watched it with the sound off so I probably missed some dumb annoying dialogue, but that looked halfway decent Smile . It looked like they didn't make Jason lumbering and dumb, like he was in later films as a zombie, so they at least got that right. The direction also didn't look as bad as most new films, which is especially surprising for Michael Bay.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »

That doesn't look too bad, and it does seem to include Mrs. Voorhees. Wish we'd gotten a better look at Jason.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Torgo

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 01:04:41 AM »

Michael Bay's production company Platinum Dunes  seems hellbent on remaking almost every horror franchise out there. I thought that their Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was garbage and I believe that they also did  that godawful Hitcher remake as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »

Michael Bay's production company Platinum Dunes  seems hellbent on remaking almost every horror franchise out there. I thought that their Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was garbage and I believe that they also did  that godawful Hitcher remake as well.

True, next up is "A Nightmare On Elm Street" a 1-3 remake.

Seems there will be a bit 'o fiddlin' with the origins of the story, Jason will also be seen with the bag on his head aswell as a new take on gaining the legendary hockey mask.

Quote from producers Brad Fuller & Andrew Forum;
"On this one, we're basically taking it and starting it over and integrating things," explains Fuller. Form continues, "This one was hard, because on Texas Chainsaw Massacre it was a reboot of the original. On this one, everyone knows Jason didn't put on the mask until the third movie. I would say that most of the audience that will come see this movie doesn't know that, so most people think Jason was in the first one, most people we've talked to, the younger audience."

"We tried to take elements from all three [of the first] movies to create one reboot of Friday the 13th," he continues. "You will see Jason put on the hockey mask for the first time, how and why. And you'll see him actually do it. Not just come out with it on."

Yes, feed the younger audience yet more stupidity to anger me  Hatred

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »

True, next up is "A Nightmare On Elm Street" a 1-3 remake.

Seems there will be a bit 'o fiddlin' with the origins of the story, Jason will also be seen with the bag on his head aswell as a new take on gaining the legendary hockey mask.

Quote from producers Brad Fuller & Andrew Forum;
"On this one, we're basically taking it and starting it over and integrating things," explains Fuller. Form continues, "This one was hard, because on Texas Chainsaw Massacre it was a reboot of the original. On this one, everyone knows Jason didn't put on the mask until the third movie. I would say that most of the audience that will come see this movie doesn't know that, so most people think Jason was in the first one, most people we've talked to, the younger audience."

"We tried to take elements from all three [of the first] movies to create one reboot of Friday the 13th," he continues. "You will see Jason put on the hockey mask for the first time, how and why. And you'll see him actually do it. Not just come out with it on."

Yes, feed the younger audience yet more stupidity to anger me  Hatred
Ghostface would pwn the younger audience XD . Looks like Bay fails to realize that horror films are meant to surprise the unaware, not cater to them TongueOut , I still have got semi-high hopes here... I hope the hockey-mask thing doesn't turn out to be like the Halloween remake Lookingup

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Friday 13th (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.