Here's how it goes, I've put all my mp3s in the player, and Hit random to come up with twenty-five songs. I've posted the first sentence or so of each song, and it's up to your to guess the title and artist (in the case of the songs that have no lyrics, I just hit the button again.)
Now, you can easily cheat and use google, but come on, try not to.
Dunno how hard this will be, my collection isn't very extensive by most standards, after all, I only have a measly 400 mp3s on my computer (all of which I either bought from online services or burned from legally purchased CDs, of course!)
1. “You and I in a little toy shop, buy a bag of balloons with the money we’ve got.”Actually, this is a remix, but if you put the original artist in, it still counts.
2. “There’s a big brown cloud in the city, and the countryside’s a sin.”
3. “I get up in the evening, and I ain’t got nothing to say.”
4. “I lie awake and dread the lonely nights, I’m not alone. I wonder if these heavy eyes can face the unknown.”
5. “Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear take the wheel and steer.”
6. “We’re not going to take it.” (That’s a giveaway.)
7. “When in the springtime of the year, when the trees are crowned with leaves.”
8. “One by one, stings my eyes, each is gone, each a disguise.”
9. “I am the passenger and I ride and I ride.”
10. “Well, I don’t know why I came here tonight.”
11. “You gave me this, made me give. Your silver grin, still sticking it in.”
12. “Yeah, desert sky, dream beneath a desert sky. The rivers run but soon run dry.
We need new dreams tonight.”
13. “Nihilistic mystics, apostolic alcoholics, messianic manics, cataclysmic and prolific. In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity, celebrate relentlessness, menace to society.” This is actually a remix of the song, first lyrics in the original version are different, but bother versions contain this verse.
14. “I can't reject this empty hole, I cannot count the bloody cost.”
15. “Since I was born they couldn't hold me down, another misfit kid, another burned-out town.”
16. “Lucky you were born that far away so we could both make fun of distance.”
17. “Closing time, open all the doors and let you into the world.”
18. “And in the end we shall achieve in time, the thing they call divine.”
19. “No one’s going to give it away. They make it hard for the people today.”
20. “Wake up, grab a brush and put on a little make up.”
21. “Between the liquor, the bend and the noise in my head. Between your mind and my crime.”
22. “This magic moment, so different and new, was like any other, until I meet you.”Another giveaway, but bonus if you can guess which version of the song I have on my playlist.
23. “Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I’ll be watching you.”
24. “Big wheels keep on turning, carry me home to see my kin.”
25. “You tell me I can't slow down, you tell where I gotta be, I spin into the darkness
but I swear that I can't see a thing in front of me.”