Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:22:25 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Phobias « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 45310 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

The Mailman! he literally freaks me out. If I'm out in the yard and I see him coming; I'll dash into the house till he has finished his round on my street. There is something unnatural about him and the fact he knows so much about me gives me the heebie jeebies...

My dad is slowly becoming friends with our mailman, he's on a first name basis with him, (shudder).

Also, there's a mentally challenged man in our neighborhood that sort of freaks me out.  I don't know he goes through people's recyclables and stuff.  It's completely irrational, but for some reason I try to go in a completely different direction when I see him.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »

It's completely irrational

All fears are irrational.

My wife is afraid of spiders, but not snakes.
She's afraid of heights, but not falling.

It's completely irrational.

The other day there was a baby Copperhead (babies are more way dangerous than adults) in the driveway, I told her and she was "Oh cool, I want to see it and don't kill it just move it to the woods." then later the same day she came running out of the storage building because she saw a spider, granted it was a Brown Recluse of which we have millions of, but I thought it was just silly.

The only snakes I'll kill are the poisonous one Copperheads, Rattlers, and Cotton Mouths which are the only poisonous ones around here, but there are many of them and frankly I don't want to get bit. They don't scare me, but I have a healthy respect for their venom.

Susan
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »

It's completely irrational

All fears are irrational.

My wife is afraid of spiders, but not snakes.
She's afraid of heights, but not falling.

It's completely irrational.

The other day there was a baby Copperhead (babies are more way dangerous than adults) in the driveway, I told her and she was "Oh cool, I want to see it and don't kill it just move it to the woods." then later the same day she came running out of the storage building because she saw a spider, granted it was a Brown Recluse of which we have millions of, but I thought it was just silly.

Recluses scare me, spiders are small and not often easy to see until it's too late. I used to live in a place where black widows were everywhere and got a bad reputation> But i've always been more afraid of recluses because of the likelyhood of me fishing my hand into where they hide. Their bites can be nasty too, rotting the skin away to the bone
Susan
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 12:46:39 PM »

well since we're talking spiders i had to post this

Small | Large

yeah..and come to my neck of the woods...
Small | Large
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 01:29:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnO_QAqq8W8

Oh dear, they're starting to cooperate with each other.  That is not at all good. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnO_QAqq8W8

Oh dear, they're starting to cooperate with each other.  That is not at all good. 

Beware the Spider revolution!

Also on the subject of spiders.

Small | Large

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »

I am SO in the mood to watch Tarantula right now  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »

Yech! 

Susan, while watching that first video you posted, right before the guy spoke I said out loud, "That's a fu**ing HUGE spider!" and then he said almost the exact same thing.
Lol!   TeddyR

I wonder what kind of spider that is?
Anyone know?
Susan
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

Yech! 

Susan, while watching that first video you posted, right before the guy spoke I said out loud, "That's a fu**ing HUGE spider!" and then he said almost the exact same thing.
Lol!   TeddyR

I wonder what kind of spider that is?
Anyone know?

i dunno but i swear that's what i saw crawling on my bed about a month ago...

According to youtube it was in borneo. I dunno, it doesn't look staged and there are some big a$$ freaky things deep in them jungles
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »

I have lots of phobias to be honest.

My biggest fear is of suffocating, especially underwater. I'm actually afraid of the water in general but have no fear whatsoever when I'm in a boat but even if I'm in shallow water, I have a fear, often quite irrational of something being in said water with me. As a child, I had recurring nightmares of a huge ship ramming into me with my head just sticking out of the water. My grandmother also kind of terrified me by telling me to stay far away from the water because monsters lived there. She was concerned for my well-being because she had lost a son to accidental drowning and so discouraged me from being anywhere near water.

I definitely am afraid of spiders, of any and all sizes too, and truth be told, several other species of insect as well including certain beetles, centipedes and even ants to an extent as one once tried to crawl into my ear canal once as I was sleeping  Buggedout. Luckily I heard it buzzing in time to hook it out of my ear thank goodness. Ever since I've had a fear of insects in bed with me and I have found spiders on my pillow as well.

I'm afraid of heights too but it's more the not being able to shingle a roof kind of fear. I'm fine high up if my footing seems sure and solid otherwise I just gotta get outta there.

I too tend to be afraid of certain social situations and dislike being in crowds where one has little free space to move around. Another case of me feeling like I'm suffocating. Naturally I'm not fond of being in small spaces either although I'm fine as long as I can move around freely for a few feet.

I too tend to fear germs and wash my hands perhaps far too frequently.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »

I fear baldness.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »

Your own, or someone else's?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

I too tend to be afraid of certain social situations and dislike being in crowds where one has little free space to move around. Another case of me feeling like I'm suffocating. Naturally I'm not fond of being in small spaces either although I'm fine as long as I can move around freely for a few feet.

So I guess mosh pits are out, then
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:44 PM »

Your own, or someone else's?

My own, I'd wear a wig if I ever did, one of those one's Ozzy wore back in '86, maybe borrow the bumblebee suit too.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2008, 04:56:24 PM »

I fear baldness.

God made two kinds of heads, pretty ones and the ones if but hair on, needless to say I have no hair.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Phobias « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.