Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:15:30 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Phobias « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Phobias  (Read 45236 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2008, 05:00:50 PM »

God made two kinds of heads, pretty ones and the ones if but hair on, needless to say I have no hair.

Ain't got a pretty head, plenty hair tho.'
You don't resent me do you? Most of the bald men I have ever met have hated my guts.

I have one bald friend, he is very nice. Although, resentment is felt.

CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »

God made two kinds of heads, pretty ones and the ones if but hair on, needless to say I have no hair.

Ain't got a pretty head, plenty hair tho.'
You don't resent me do you? Most of the bald men I have ever met have hated my guts.

I have one bald friend, he is very nice. Although, resentment is felt.

Why would I resent you? Hair loss is caused by testosterone ... so the more you got that less head hair you have.

Besides I save money on shampoo, conditioner, haircuts, etc etc. Don't believe those hair commercials, not many men base there confidence, looks, or abilities on how much hair they have or don't have, in fact I don't know any.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2008, 07:06:38 PM »

My own, I'd wear a wig if I ever did, one of those one's Ozzy wore back in '86, maybe borrow the bumblebee suit too.

I have a bald spot, or at least a thin spot, it's no big deal. If you meet a woman, and she's turned off by something like that, especially if she's in her 30s or older, you gotta realize it as a sign. I've only met one woman that had anything to really say about it, and I realized right then she was just about the most shallow person I'd ever met. Made it pretty easy if you asked me. Funny thing is, the woman that said that is one that spends just about every night, EVERY weekend night sitting at a bar with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. She's 35+ with no man, working a crappy job, in a crappy little apartment, driving a piece of junk car, big ol' barstool-shaped butt, boobs sagging, and spends most of her time talking to other similar types about how 10+ years ago they were the hot chicks everyone wanted to be with, how they'd drink all night without buying a single drink for themselves. She doesn't realize her voice is about nine octaves lower than it was 10 years ago, and that she looks exactly like what she is: Some barfly approaching middle-age that never mentally got past the "I'm the hot chick in high school" stage, that dresses like she is what she wishes she was: 15 years younger, and one giant forthcoming case of liver failure/lung disease, who is bitter towards any woman that is younger, better looking, more successful, or has a decent guy to take care of them, which is pretty much every woman in the place, except for her friends.

I used to worry about it, F-it.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »

There's also this irrational fear of driving.  So much so, I don't even ride go carts.  And I'm 24. 

Germophobia (Wash my hands 90 times a day it seems.  Worse in winter, when they get cuts, raw, bleeding, etc. from being chapped.)

That's EXACTLY haow it happens to me.  I got scolded by my biology teacher last winter because of the whole MRSA thing and open blood.  TongueOut
It's even worse for me, for two reasons.  First off, I use a cup only once, and if something even comes near it, I wash it.  Something is near a fork, I wash it.  Mind you, they don't even touch, but the IDEA they're near each other, I wash it.  Same with food.  I'm so picky about who handles and touches it, I don't even eat at friends houses, and I've known them for YEARS.

Secondly, about hand washing, I work in the food industry, so I'm doubly washing my hands.  At work, and then at home.  It's at the point where even lotions and gloves don't help the scarring.  I really should see a doctor.

I'm very obsessive compulsive about things.  But that's not a fear.

Wow, that's pretty bad, at least I know there's one person who can trust when I shake their hand.  Wink
Only in the summer it's fine.  You wouldn't want to shake in winter.  Too many cuts.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »

Baldness never bothered me. I've dated several men who were bald ranging in stages between thinning and shining. The only time it bothers me is when they make a big deal out of it, but thats more of being turned off by someone being so uptight about something. No one is perfect and what one woman finds unattractive another will be completely turned on by. I guess it works that way for guys too.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Susan
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »

Men can pull off bald, women can't.
Men can pull of grey, women can't
Men can pull off wrinkles, women can't.
Men can pull off weight, women can't.

Society places more emphasis on physical features and/or aging of women than men.

After all...how many women would date:

And how many men would date the female equivalent? lol

Ok i'm being funny. ;-) Only that guys seem to be the only ones with the hangup on baldness - they should be so lucky they can look like steven tyler or something and have women all over them. Is it their looks? No, women get hung up on charisma, character, personality. How many men you see hanging up pics of ugly actresses for the same reason?

and there you have it
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »

Society places more emphasis on physical features and/or aging of women than men.

Yea, well Women can pull off big boobs and Men can't, , so there. . . TongueOut

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »

You know a bald women isn't always a bad thing.  TeddyR

Susan
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »

Yea, well Women can pull off big boobs and Men can't, , so there. . . TongueOut

I was referring to things that wouldn't be considered an asset..

But then if they could, i'm not sure i would want to live in that world
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:18:38 PM by Susan » Logged
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

I thought the girl in THX 1138 was kinda sexy, as was Anne Lennox back in her shaved head days. I generally like longer hair, , but some women can pull off short hair.

Susan
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34:41 PM »

My own, I'd wear a wig if I ever did, one of those one's Ozzy wore back in '86, maybe borrow the bumblebee suit too.

I have a bald spot, or at least a thin spot, it's no big deal. If you meet a woman, and she's turned off by something like that, especially if she's in her 30s or older, you gotta realize it as a sign. I've only met one woman that had anything to really say about it, and I realized right then she was just about the most shallow person I'd ever met. Made it pretty easy if you asked me. Funny thing is, the woman that said that is one that spends just about every night, EVERY weekend night sitting at a bar with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. She's 35+ with no man, working a crappy job, in a crappy little apartment, driving a piece of junk car, big ol' barstool-shaped butt, boobs sagging, and spends most of her time talking to other similar types about how 10+ years ago they were the hot chicks everyone wanted to be with, how they'd drink all night without buying a single drink for themselves. She doesn't realize her voice is about nine octaves lower than it was 10 years ago, and that she looks exactly like what she is: Some barfly approaching middle-age that never mentally got past the "I'm the hot chick in high school" stage, that dresses like she is what she wishes she was: 15 years younger, and one giant forthcoming case of liver failure/lung disease, who is bitter towards any woman that is younger, better looking, more successful, or has a decent guy to take care of them, which is pretty much every woman in the place, except for her friends.

I used to worry about it, F-it.

you had me at hello ;-)
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »

I thought the girl in THX 1138 was kinda sexy, as was Anne Lennox back in her shaved head days. I generally like longer hair, , but some women can pull off short hair.

Psst ghouck, wasn't talking about their head. Wink

Susan
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »

you guys are talking about pretty women who shave their head, not women who just naturally lost it or thinned out

if i could pull off short hair i totally would tho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 11:52:53 PM »

After all...how many women would date:

And how many men would date the female equivalent? lol

Ok i'm being funny. ;-) Only that guys seem to be the only ones with the hangup on baldness - they should be so lucky they can look like steven tyler or something and have women all over them. Is it their looks? No, women get hung up on charisma, character, personality. How many men you see hanging up pics of ugly actresses for the same reason?

and there you have it

I know you're being a bit silly, Susan, but Kathy Bates never was the equivalent of Sean Connery as far as being considered attractive by the opposite sex. If you're going to talk about equivalents, let's use

That's Sophia Loren in 2002, at age 68. No, she's not bald, but she is still a very beautiful woman, whatever her age or however many wrinkles she may have. Sean Connery looks incredible for his age, as does Loren. There are exceptions to every rule. How many women would date Don Rickles or Jack Black if they were just regular schmucks (hockey pucks?) with regular jobs? Yes, women are more likely to base initial attraction on charisma, but that's basically because men are, um, not attractive for the most part. However, men generally marry a woman based on her personality in conjunction with looks (looks are secondary), so baldness, wrinkles, gray hair, and extra weight are lesser issues in long-term relationships. Don't get me wrong: Men are still pigs and will drool over a beautiful woman whether they are married or not, but they marry women more for overall attractiveness (personality, looks, compatibility, etc.) than for looks alone.

And since this is a thread about fears, I'll end by saying I'm afraid I came across like a smug sonofagun, though I really just wanted to post a picture of Sophia Loren.  Lookingup

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 12:05:55 AM »

Also 68 Raquel Welch

and this is a recent photo ... yaoza!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Phobias « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.