Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:05:30 PM
714236 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Prof whose 'last lecture' became a sensation dies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prof whose 'last lecture' became a sensation dies  (Read 2589 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 25, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »

Prof whose 'last lecture' became a sensation dies    
PITTSBURGH - Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book, died Friday. He was 47.

Pausch died at his home in Chesapeake, Va., said Jeffrey Zaslow, a Wall Street Journal writer who co-wrote Pausch's book. Pausch and his family had moved there last fall to be closer to his wife's relatives.

Pausch was diagnosed with incurable pancreatic cancer in September 2006. His popular last lecture at Carnegie Mellon in September 2007 garnered international attention and was viewed by millions on the Internet.

In it, Pausch celebrated living the life he had always dreamed of instead of concentrating on impending death...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_en_ot/obit_pausch

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:00:39 PM »

I haven't actually viewed "The Last Lecture,"  but I've heard good things about it.

I think the most important thing any of us can do with our lives is find something we love doing and focus on that.  I may occasionally gripe about teaching, but the fact is I love being in front of the classroom, talking about things I passionately care about and occasionally seeing that light bulb go on over some student's head.  Several of my best history students have gone on to major in history themselves, and that warms my heart more than I can ever tell . . . they may never make a ton of money, but like me, they will ROCK at Trivial Pursuits!!!!

Rest in peace, Professor Pausch.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »

I've had a good bit of experience with death over the last 5 years or so, it seems to be harder on the living than the dead. I won't know for sure until I die, and then I won't be able to tell anyone living here what it's like, but I believe we go to a better place. I think that it's important that we live our lives in such a way that we will not regret the things that we should or could have done but didn't do. I also agree with Will Rogers, you should live the kind of life where you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Prof whose 'last lecture' became a sensation dies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.