Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:19:54 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead(1990) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Night of the Living Dead(1990)  (Read 45252 times)
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »

I saw this movie on the old "on demand" a few nights ago.  I have yet to see the original '68 version but its definitely on my bucket list.  I liked this movie, from what I have read about the original I like this Barbara better.  In 1968 having a black man as the hero was groundbreaking and new while having a catatonic useless woman was acceptable.  Personally a catatonic/useless woman to me is an aggravating portion of any movie especially when they focus on it (ok, I get it, she's too freaked out to be anything other than zombie fodder, feed her to the zombies and lets move on)

In 1990 to obtain that same kind of "wow, so that's the hero" newness having the female escape using what is the most obvious and simple means you could imagine (she literally walks calmly away from the farmhouse with a pistol that she doesn't even use after she gets past the first group of zombies as she can walk faster than the zombies can, yes I know this totally doesn't jive because at one point zombies are obviously moving too fast for someone to walk away from them and then later she simply walks circles around them but the point was still there).  I like the 1990 ending as more social commentary (humans turn out to be much more sadistic and cruel than zombies, they don't kill the zombies, they simply torture them and force them to fight eachother etc.) and this maybe the inspiration for an excellent low budget film "Zombies Anonymous" which probably has the best angle on this dimension of human cruelty towards zombies imaginable.
Overall I like this movie, even without seeing the original you get this feeling of respect for the plot.  This as opposed to the 2006 3D version which is not nearly as good.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
ArmyOfMachines25
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »

I hate Remakes! and because of that i don't think i gave this one a fair chance, i turned it off after the first 5 to 10 minutes and neveer looked back on it. im starting to think that maybe ill give this one another chance...can't be any worse then the remake that was in 3-D right?
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »

I hate Remakes! and because of that i don't think i gave this one a fair chance, i turned it off after the first 5 to 10 minutes and neveer looked back on it. im starting to think that maybe ill give this one another chance...can't be any worse then the remake that was in 3-D right?

The 1990 version is a masterpiece compared to the 2006 3D remake.  For a remake, and for what they were trying to achive, I guess 1990's offering was OK, but a lot of things weren't cool:

Generic gunshots,  the obvious rubber body parts (when the one zombie was playing with a hand) and the overall feeling that the film was "refined" with many cuts and edits before it's release. Too "sanitary" as Tom Savini described to me in his own words at one Chiller Theatre con'.

However the makeup for the ghouls was quite good-this time the ghouls looked like they died from vastly different causes not related to the zombies (like the one ghoul with the heroin needle in his arm). The clouded eyes was another nice touch too.  Not a great movie, but not a bad one either.  Oh, and Karl Hardman's original Harry Cooper was a sweetheart compared to the one played by Tom Towles!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Night of the Living Dead(1990) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.