Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:01 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wish me luck! (or not, if it's against your principles) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Wish me luck! (or not, if it's against your principles)  (Read 12975 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »

Sister - I don't know of any state that will let you sit for the Bar without graduating from law school first.  If they let you I certainly wouldn't recommend trying it, it would be throwing your money away.   

Louisiana use to allow just passing the bar, I don't know if they still do or not ... but beware they use Code Napoleon. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »

Thanhs all, the test is 1/2 over, just one more day... unless I fail and have to take it again.   Buggedout

Sister - I don't know of any state that will let you sit for the Bar without graduating from law school first.  If they let you I certainly wouldn't recommend trying it, it would be throwing your money away.   

P7 - I know enough to be dangerous.  Ask some questions later if you want.  Andrew knows a lot about copyright law, at least when it comes to fair use.

BTM - no, they won;t tell me what questions I missed or even what I scored.  I just get notified whether I passed or failed, and not until October. 
It'd seem useful to know what ya missed... Nevertheless, REV, I have faith in you.   Thumbup 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
dean

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

Good luck RP!

My girlfriend is going to have to go down a similar path here in a few years time.  She's studying some sort of law thingo at the moment, the Jures Doctorate [sp?] and calculated it'd be at least half a decade before she earns ANY money out of it, provided she passes of course.

All the best!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 11:43:39 PM »

P7 - I know enough to be dangerous.  Ask some questions later if you want.  Andrew knows a lot about copyright law, at least when it comes to fair use.

Great!  Just send me PM when you're free.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 06:36:57 PM »

A great weight has been lifted from my head... only to be repalced by an even greater weight of trying to find a job without knowing whether I passed...

Thanks all!  Karma given.  (Virtual karma to that scamp Menard -- your count is 1).

P7, unless the copyright question is private, why not just post it in this or another  thread?  Might be interesting to everyone, and you could get more input.  Otherwise, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »

(Virtual karma to that scamp Menard -- your count is 1).

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »

What's all this talk about LAWYERS? I thought he was taking the BAR exam? If he doesn't pass, who's going to make the drinks for the Badmovies New Years party?

The Kentucky bar exam, no less. Bourbon all around.

We've actually got quite a variety of professions around here. Part of what makes the board so interesting.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »

A great weight has been lifted from my head... only to be repalced by an even greater weight of trying to find a job without knowing whether I passed...

My wife started out fresh out of law school as a public 'offender' her very first case was a death penalty case, talk about getting thrown to the sharks. She only did that a few years but it gave her a lot of experience fast, then she went on to be Country Attorney (DA it's called in most states.) Until she burned out on that too.   

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:28 AM »

(Virtual karma to that scamp Menard -- your count is 1).

I'll see Rev's 1 and raise Menard 1 karma point [virtual]  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »

Just an update--I received the news that I passed the exam this weekend.  (No karma necessary).

Now on to the hard part--applying for the 2 or 3 entry level openings along with the hundreds of others who just found out they passed. 

From now on, I will have to charge all of you for any legal advice I dispense.  You may want to forward me your credit card or other payment information in a PM so I can set up your account.  I don't want to have to sic the bill collectors on you guys. 

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 01:59:23 PM »

Any idea as to which kind of law you plan to practice?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

Ash, the job I want is legislative counsel--the lawyers who check and draft the laws that state congressmen propose to be sure they don't violate the Constitution or conflict with other laws.  There are only a few positions and no openings right now in my state. 

Until a job opens up, I'm willing to try practically anything for a short period.  I very well may end up hanging out a shingle and becoming a general practicioner for a year or two.

I dread having to practice personal injury (mostly ambulance chasing) or criminal law (either prosecution or defense).  Divorces are also supposed to be very unpleasant, though they can be lucrative. 

If I'm in private practice, I'd prefer to concentrate on things like bankruptcies, corporations, contracts and wills/trusts.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 04:53:35 PM »

Good job Rev!
I'm due to take the USPTO patent bar in 2009, Lord Willin.  Its tough, I don't think like a lawyer.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 05:28:03 PM »

Good job Rev!
I'm due to take the USPTO patent bar in 2009, Lord Willin.  Its tough, I don't think like a lawyer.
-Ed

Good luck, I've heard horror stories...  Smile  What's your technical degree in?  I had a minor in biochemistry, so I would probably qualify for the patent bar, or at most just need a few more credits to qualify.  I don't really have a strong interest in it (and no stomach for extensive studying right now), but it's an option.

I assume your taking the bar to become a patent agent? 

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:07 PM »

I assume your taking the bar to become a patent agent? 

You are correct! I have degrees in biology and related fields.  I work in biotech now, mainly biochemistry and cell biology stuff.   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wish me luck! (or not, if it's against your principles) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.