Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:24:13 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  COMERCIALS THAT MAKE YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: COMERCIALS THAT MAKE YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL!  (Read 57775 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »

I hated the Truth ads myself but I haven't seen them in a long time on tv. I seriously believed that the tobacco companies were putting those on. I never smoked and never wanted to but everytime I saw those commericals I really wanted to run to store buy a pack,find one of those "Only going to talk crap until I'm out of college activist" and puff one in there face.

Head On is just a bad product placement. It never tells what the hell its suppose to be used for. You just put on your forehead and......

I hate the Truth commercials myself.  Bunch of self-richteous hippies (I am so glad I can use that phrase).  The thing about them is that "The Truth" they presented was full of holes.

1.  The one pack of ciragrettes is going to give you cancer-and anyone you you come into contact will get cancer from second hand smoke gaurantee.  My dad has smoked, on and off, for as long as I can remember, and so far we're all fine.

2.  The cigarette companies see you as a potential customer, not as a person.  Hey theTruth, that's what EVERY COMPANY does!

3.  Wanting to close down the companies-essentially asking them to put thousands of people out of work.  And its not like smokers are everywhere.  Now a days your pretty much limited to your own home if you want to smoke-and even that's under fire.

Understand that I, WingedSerpent, am not endorsing smoking, but if you are of legal age and want to smoke-I really don't care. That's your chose.

Getting back to commercials, I remember and old one that actually scared me when I was a lot younger.  It was a parady of a slasher film.  A cute, tiny animated piggy bank is trying to hide from a man with a hammer.  The catch line was something like-"Your change isn't safe"  Just before showing the product (it was Burger King or some other fast food joint) the piggy bank is cowerring in a closet, as the man enters it and raises the hammer.  When they came back from the product, the man was counting change next to the smashed piggy bank. 

Now, after years of Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, and countless monster movies, I would think nothing of it-but as a kid I was thinking "That was horrible"

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
the master
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »

I hated the Truth ads myself but I haven't seen them in a long time on tv. I seriously believed that the tobacco companies were putting those on. I never smoked and never wanted to but everytime I saw those commericals I really wanted to run to store buy a pack,find one of those "Only going to talk crap until I'm out of college activist" and puff one in there face.

Head On is just a bad product placement. It never tells what the hell its suppose to be used for. You just put on your forehead and......

I hate the Truth commercials myself.  Bunch of self-richteous hippies (I am so glad I can use that phrase).  The thing about them is that "The Truth" they presented was full of holes.

1.  The one pack of ciragrettes is going to give you cancer-and anyone you you come into contact will get cancer from second hand smoke gaurantee.  My dad has smoked, on and off, for as long as I can remember, and so far we're all fine.

2.  The cigarette companies see you as a potential customer, not as a person.  Hey theTruth, that's what EVERY COMPANY does!

3.  Wanting to close down the companies-essentially asking them to put thousands of people out of work.  And its not like smokers are everywhere.  Now a days your pretty much limited to your own home if you want to smoke-and even that's under fire.

Understand that I, WingedSerpent, am not endorsing smoking, but if you are of legal age and want to smoke-I really don't care. That's your chose.

Getting back to commercials, I remember and old one that actually scared me when I was a lot younger.  It was a parady of a slasher film.  A cute, tiny animated piggy bank is trying to hide from a man with a hammer.  The catch line was something like-"Your change isn't safe"  Just before showing the product (it was Burger King or some other fast food joint) the piggy bank is cowerring in a closet, as the man enters it and raises the hammer.  When they came back from the product, the man was counting change next to the smashed piggy bank. 

Now, after years of Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, and countless monster movies, I would think nothing of it-but as a kid I was thinking "That was horrible"
i agree that there making the ads to get you to smoke
Torgo

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2008, 07:37:47 PM »

I can't stand any of the Wilford Brimley Liberty Medical ads. At least get the man to say the word Diabetes correctly. 

Here's a great dance remix of a few of his commercials:
Small | Large

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:40:28 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »

Not to get too far off the subject, but the radio station I work at has to run ads through syndicators and networks. One of them is for a book called "Total Transformation." The 'doctor' pushing this book has a thick Bronx or Brooklyn accent. "Is you kid ab-nack-shush? Is ever-ting an org-ya-mint wit you kid?" The guy rattles off a list of problems with children "lying, cursing, back talking, random violence." WTF kind of kid is this?

Um, if this is 93.3 WMMR-FM in Philadelphia, you have missed a joke. The voice is obviously Steve's (of the Preston and Steve morning show). He does a lot of accents but I think that one is supposed to be Philly. That commercial is hilarious. Paraphrasing: "Back-tawking... side-tawking... jive-tawking" "I'll totally transform you. I'll transform you into a horizontal slab of meat!" It's a take-off on self-help books. Tough love, Philly style.
Raffine

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »

The commercial that asks "How Wet Will You Get?", not to mention what horrible disgusting infections you'll get from slimy, disease-filled water pumped through a cold plastic tongue.

Small | Large

I imagine it's a bit like being licked by your poor dog you buried in the Pet Sematary, that has now come back as a rabid zombie dog, right before it tears your throat out.

Batteries not included!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 05:19:43 PM »

I can't stand any of the Wilford Brimley Liberty Medical ads. At least get the man to say the word Diabetes correctly. 

Here's a great dance remix of a few of his commercials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pod4jIKT_kA

As much a I HATE those comercials This is absolutely hilarious  BounceGiggle
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 06:30:47 PM »

Small | Large

Here's one that makes Mainers want to kill themselves. Also, those Animal Rescue ones are to depressing to watch. I always have to change the channel on those ones.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:31 AM »

Whenever an Enzyte ad appears on TV, I immediately change the channel.
That whistling is mind numbing.  If one were so inclined, you could lock someone in a room, loop that ad and torture them for days.   Buggedout

HAHAH! DUDE!
When I worked at a summer camp over the summer, the 10-11 year old boys would be whistleing that tune all friggin' day and they didnt even know what it meant!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »

England is currently being subjected to this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLpfW6qJS2E
Buggedout  Question Buggedout Question

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »

The ones I really can't stand are the Esurance commercials.  I am really drawn to walk away when they come one.

Small | Large

BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:49:37 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
the master
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

OMG i forgot to mention esurance i hate that so much
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »

Yeah Esurance, where they take some unknown schmo and animate them.  Tell me the only people finding interest in those commercials isn't the animated person and their immediate family. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I don't know about changing the channel, but one that makes me lunge for the MUTE button is the stupid "Vonage vs. The Phone Company" ad.  I've been watching the Star Trek TNG marathon on sci-fi today, and the volume on that particular ad is like three times louder than the program, and all the other commercials . . . that is SO annoying! Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »

I'm really getting annoyed with Mac Vs PC commercials.  Sure they were witty at first but now MAC is simply coming off to me as more self absorbing than PC would have ever dreamed of in the long run. 
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
avenger the eagle
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 10:34:34 AM »

I HATE those god-mned Charmin bears, there is one commercial where the momma bear is chasing one of the kids so she can brush toilet paper of his butt.(I wish i were kidding)

The TRUTH ads-Self-important,egotistical, jackarses that make me wanna go buy a carton of Pall Malls.

Vonage commercials-Hate them

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  COMERCIALS THAT MAKE YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.