Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:19:23 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sad, but it's the funniest thing I've heard all day. . . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sad, but it's the funniest thing I've heard all day. . .  (Read 5423 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« on: July 29, 2008, 02:19:08 PM »

Due to my completely twisted sense of humor, I haven't been able to stop laughing about what an inmate said to me this morning while I was interviewing him. The sad part is that the guy was 100% serious. Apparently, he is in for murder, but his exclamation was: "I'm in for murder, but it shouldn't be MURDER, it should be MANSLAUGHTER, , the gun accidentally went off when I was beating my wife with it."

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to think. I don't think another human being dying is funny, but rather the idea that this is considered rational thinking by this guy, and probably many others. Weird.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:51 PM »

Don't worry, I kinda laughed too, it is by the guy's thinking.  It's like the Robert Blake trial when he said he didn't kill his wife because his gun was in the restaurant.  Just total what the f*ck logic.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »

Due to my completely twisted sense of humor, I haven't been able to stop laughing about what an inmate said to me this morning while I was interviewing him. The sad part is that the guy was 100% serious. Apparently, he is in for murder, but his exclamation was: "I'm in for murder, but it shouldn't be MURDER, it should be MANSLAUGHTER, , the gun accidentally went off when I was beating my wife with it."

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to think. I don't think another human being dying is funny, but rather the idea that this is considered rational thinking by this guy, and probably many others. Weird.

I get the humor in the statement but as you know, his logic is based on sentencing and parole, Murder 1 and Manslaughter carry different punishments and manslaughter is a lesser change therefore making him eligible for parole sooner. Don't know Alaska law ... but I do know your Governor can pardon me anytime ... hmmm wonder if she's bald???

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »

I know what you mean, , but first, I really don't believe it "just went off", if his admission was that he was beating her. Second, if one is BEATING a person with a gun (I assume a pistol, but either way), it's still possible they die from that without the gun ever going off, so they're still taking a path that one could say ends in the person's death. Basically, it sounds to me like he was saying "It's not my fault, the gun just went off while I was killing her, it's the gun's fault, not mine".

Stupid thing is, in prison, men who KILL their wives aren't as frowned upon as men who BEAT their wife, if that makes any sense.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

That's the best laugh I've had all day and I needed it. It is rather funny how someone people attempt to explain thier actions or crimes. I loved the Jim Goad trial....what's worse is the song he wrote about it later which in turn only got him sued by his girlfriend's parents.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »

I learned long ago that the criminal element is rarely composed of the best and brightest among us.  I'm sure you see that much more often and clearly than I do, but still, it's so bizarre at times you have to laugh.

For example:  A man on trial for carrying an unregistered, concealed  weapon in a nightclub.  An offduty police officer acting as a security guard explained that he had noticed a suspicious bulge in the man's designer jacket and searched him, finding the weapon.  The defendant, who was representing himself in court, explained that was impossible because the jacket was specially tailored so the pockets would not bulge, no matter what was in them.  He commented that he was wearing the same jacket in court that day, and took it off to hand it to the judge for his own examination of the pockets.  The judge reached in the right pocket and found a 6 ounce baggie full of cocaine.  He then had to recess the court for five minutes so he could finish laughing hysterically  . . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:16:24 PM »

He didn't want to kill her, he just wanted to bash her brains in....

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 05:18:59 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
dean

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

Poor guy, just imagine trying to explain that one to the other inmates.  From the sounds of it, he'd better keep that one to himself, if wife-beaters are worse than wife-killers.

Freakin' idiot...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »

I learned long ago that the criminal element is rarely composed of the best and brightest among us.  I'm sure you see that much more often and clearly than I do, but still, it's so bizarre at times you have to laugh.

I agree, but there are those that are remarkably smart. Often (probably more often than not, or at least here in AK), they turn into a different person when they are out and doing drugs, drinking. I don't think it's as much an issue of their level of stupidity, but rather their STYLE of stupidity. Their thinking is flawed in some ways, and normal in others. I have a guy that works for me that killed a kid on some bike trails, and then called the police and told them he was nearby around the calculated time of the crime, and said he saw a man riding a bike that was clearly out of place (not dressed for bike riding, didn't seem as if he knew how to ride a bike). In their report the police said they KNEW the caller was the killer. A few days later he called back, and the police acted as if they didn't remember talking to him, and he said something like "I'm the one that called about the kid on the bicycle trails that was shot in the head". They were like "Who said he was shot? In the head no less? We never released that information". . Big OOPS there, but that's one of the most NORMAL forms of stupidity.

But, there are many that just make you think "What kind of God would allow something like this to come into existence?" Just total wastes of the raw elements they are comprised of. Heck I've heard of guys that hate the system so bad the RE-OFFEND on purpose, just to show whoever that the system doesn't work. Think about that next time you need to feel utterly confused.

But anyways, there's an amazing amount of reasons that people end up in prison, , some of the weirdest reasons you could imagine.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »

Poor guy, just imagine trying to explain that one to the other inmates.  From the sounds of it, he'd better keep that one to himself, if wife-beaters are worse than wife-killers.

Freakin' idiot...

One funny thing though, he came here back in the 70's from Yugoslavia, and was arrested while on a visa. Last year he had an appeal that the state was considering dropping and just deporting him (The translator that was appointed to him made HUGE errors supposedly). I saw the paperwork with my own eyes, it said he was being deported to Yugoslavia, this was in 2007. In case you're wondering what the deal is, , there is no more Yugoslavia. I'm picturing him is some airport halfway around the world with a ticket to a connecting flight that just isn't there. .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 11:27:15 PM by ghouck » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »

In case you're wondering what the deal is, , there is no more Yugoslavia. I'm picturing him is some airport halfway around the world with a ticket to a connecting flight that just isn't there. .

That would be the movie "The Terminal" sort of.

BTM

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »

Stupid thing is, in prison, men who KILL their wives aren't as frowned upon as men who BEAT their wife, if that makes any sense.

Wow... I wonder what the logic is behind that one. 

"I was a good husband!  I never beat my wife, only time I EVER touched her was when I killed her." 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:20:31 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

We have a maximum security state prison near here called the castle. In Eddyville KY.

I've taught carpentry classes there (guest teacher), nothing greater than teaching carpentry to a bunch of violent offenders and murderers that will never get out, so lets give them nail guns, hammers and screwdrivers. It's the only death roll prison in KY.
Actually it didn't bother me at all most were just happy to having something different to do and eager to learn. I think they were going to build portable buildings for resale or something.
None of them really talked about why they were there.   

BTM

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »

Whoa, that's a PRISON?

Dude, looks a bit like the Admissions building at SEMO university in Cape Girardeau, MO (or perhaps ANY university.)

If you're wondering, I went there for two years and lived in that area for much longer.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

Whoa, that's a PRISON?

Dude, looks a bit like the Admissions building at SEMO university in Cape Girardeau, MO (or perhaps ANY university.)

If you're wondering, I went there for two years and lived in that area for much longer.

Yeah it was built in 1889 and it rather grandiose, it sets right on KY Lake. Most folks got pay high dollar for lake front property, here people kill of it. ... get it, kill for it, prison, oh never mind.

Other say, "People would kill for a lot like that ... and some do." 

Hell it's tourist attraction ...

http://www.wpsdtv.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=bcd8d365-f88a-493e-869c-15dab0d52662

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sad, but it's the funniest thing I've heard all day. . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.