Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:43 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: 100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you  (Read 79420 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:20 PM »

I'm not sure how both "Bad Taste" and "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" missed the list, but if anyone wants to second one of them, ,

It does seem like sci-fi and fantasy got short shrift.  Granted spaghetti space operas are an acquired taste but how did Galaxy of Terror not make the list?

Guess there's only one thing to do.  Make this the TOP 500 ESSENTIAL BAD MOVIES list!   Who seconds the motion?  (And don't you dare remove DEATH RACE 2000!!!!!!)  Wink

I personally am going to cap the "official" list at 100.  But I'll keep DEATH RACE on for you, Kester.  Wink

If we want to go for a larger number of movies, how about 366?  That would be one bad movie for every day of the year, with one "special" movie every year for leap years.   Wink

That said, we're still awaiting #100.  Ghouk suggested either BAD TASTE or KILLER KLOWNS, both excellent choices.  Anyone want to pick between them?  Anyone want to take a prior nomination off to make room for the other?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »

I think we should all individually submit our own "Top 100" lists, and compile them into an averaged list, although THAT list would probably wind up being 300 long or so. .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:50:17 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2008, 03:23:48 PM »

Arch Hall Jr. has to be included. So why not the unintentionally hilarious Eegah! also starring Richard Kiel as a caveman. So many more not listed though like Project Moonbase and Cat-Women of the Moon.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2008, 03:28:59 PM »

Sooooooooooooooooo....what's number 100???? The suspense is driving me CRAZY!!!  Buggedout AH!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »

I like EEGAH! for # 100 myself.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »

The suspense is driving me CRAZY!!!  Buggedout AH!

Yea right, it's the SUSPENSE that is doing that, ,

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2008, 03:52:01 PM »

I'm not sure how both "Bad Taste" and "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" missed the list, but if anyone wants to second one of them, ,

It does seem like sci-fi and fantasy got short shrift.  Granted spaghetti space operas are an acquired taste but how did Galaxy of Terror not make the list?

Guess there's only one thing to do.  Make this the TOP 500 ESSENTIAL BAD MOVIES list!   Who seconds the motion?  (And don't you dare remove DEATH RACE 2000!!!!!!)  Wink
I personally am going to cap the "official" list at 100.  But I'll keep DEATH RACE on for you, Kester.  Wink

If we want to go for a larger number of movies, how about 366?  That would be one bad movie for every day of the year, with one "special" movie every year for leap years.   Wink

That said, we're still awaiting #100.  Ghouk suggested either BAD TASTE or KILLER KLOWNS, both excellent choices.  Anyone want to pick between them?  Anyone want to take a prior nomination off to make room for the other?

Killer Klowns or Bad Taste? Oh thats a toughie, personally, I'd have to go with bad taste, although i have quite a fondness for both of these movies

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
TexasCharlie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »

I like EEGAH! for # 100 myself.

Yeah, I agree.  That should be on there.  We can take out Kiss Me Quick because we already have another Nudie Cutie (Nude on the Moon).  Or we can expand the list.

Also, I vote Killer Klowns over Bad Taste, because we already have Braindead (Dead Alive), although I love both movies.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2008, 04:10:08 PM »

CAT WOMEN OF THE MOON was pretty influential as well. Just think it helped spawn MISSILE TO THE MOON, QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE, ABBOTT AND COSTELLO GO TO MARS, FIRE MAIDENS OF OUTER SPACE and even more!

brooky1969
Dedicated Viewer

Give us a kiss luv.

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »

I'll throw in a vote for Killer Klowns from Outer Space, though as someone looking to benefit from this list, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it expanded.

If we really need to subtract, then I don't mind my pick of Clash of the Titans being pulled, as I've maybe misjudged the "feel" of the list.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »

Eegah!  gets #100.

Ghouk's idea is a good one, if we really want to do an AFI type list.  (It would also allow for ranking, by counting votes).  I would suggest that we limit ourselves to 10 nominations each, rather than the full 100.  I'd be willing to compile such a list.  Just PM me your 10 choices.

Otherwise, we can just keep adding to this thread:

101. Bad Taste
102. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.     

And brooky, several people defended your choice of CLASH OF THE TITANS, so maybe your sense of the list wasn't off after all.

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »

Ghouk's idea is a good one, if we really want to do an AFI type list.  (It would also allow for ranking, by counting votes).  I would suggest that we limit ourselves to 10 nominations each, rather than the full 100.  I'd be willing to compile such a list.  Just PM me your 10 choices.

Otherwise, we can just keep adding to this thread:

101. Bad Taste
102. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

I don't know if it'll take off with the same degree of success as this thread did but, as the 100 mark has been met, I started up a second list.  This time for SF B-movies.  Isn't that how the AFI lists do it, have top 100 lists broken up into genres?  Granted there's likely to be some repetition but nothing wrong with that.

Now who volunters to start threads for/manage the horror and fantasy lists?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Pilgermann

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2008, 01:20:33 AM »

Have you thought of pulling any of these?

While I have grave doubts that "Carnival of Souls" or "Spider Baby" belong on here, both of them certainly being eccentric films, but, I would argue, actually quite good movies, I absolutely do NOT think Todd Browning's "Freaks" belongs on ANY list with "Plan 9" and these others.

"Freaks" was way ahead of its time in portraying alienation and overweening greed -- Even Eric von Stroheim's "Greed" doesn't go as far.  Browning made a difficult film, sure, but a bad one?  I'd rethink that . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I agree with you, but I chose Freaks as one of the classier additions to the list to go along with choices like Godzilla and Night of the Living Dead.  I think it's a very good and very important film, but it's arguably exploitive, some of the acting is iffy, and it surely had an influence on some future b-filmmakers.  Plus it was banned like crazy in various places and I think that that's pretty cool.  But if we're going to make a list of cruddier films I'd be willing to remove it if anyone else feels like it doesn't belong.

My alternative choice:  Planet of Dinosaurs

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »

I missed it the first time, but I just noticed TexasCharlie retracted KISS ME QUICK.  So, #68 is open.  The next poster can suggest a replacement.

Please make it clear you're replacing it by writing 68. [NAME OF YOUR MOVIE].  Sometimes it's difficult to tell if people are making an official nomination or just suggesting possible choices for discussion.

I was very happy with the list as it ended up (although of course people can continue adding films, and anyone can vote to retract one of their own nominations in favor of something else).

I think we hit all the obvious choices.  All the major genres got mentioned.  There were a several obscure (to me) films (THE MAIZE: THE MOVIE, THE BOXER'S OMEN), a couple of controversial choices to spark debate (FREAKS, CLASH OF THE TITANS), and a couple of worthy films that didn't quite make the cut (BAD TASTE, KILLER KLOWNS).  All the things a top 100 list needs to spark debate.  I'm sure if another b-movie message board got hold of this list, they'd tear it apart: "Why is WEIRD SCIENCE on the list instead of BATTLEFIELD EARTH?"

You guys were great!  Even though I wouldn't have made all the same choices, there really wasn't a clunker on the list.  This community really has an amazing depth of knowledge of crappy cinema: a panle of "experts" wouldn't have come up with very different choices.   

I'm ashamed to say I've only seen 44 of these movies myself, less than half the list.  I don't think I'm worthy of a Ph.D. in bad movies yet.  Maybe just a B.S. degree  Smile.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

I'd suggest ...

68. Killer Klowns from Outer Space

I fun yet stupid clown horror movie.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.