Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:00:55 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Once Seen obscurities « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Once Seen obscurities  (Read 8125 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 02, 2008, 03:16:03 AM »

Are there any obscurities you've seen only once....long ago perhaps....that you feel the need to see again?
 What I'm trying to say is-hmmm-well,for example:

Many moons ago,when I was but a wee breath of a lad, I saw a movie called MUTINY in OUTER SPACE (1965). It was about some weird fungus that was killing astronauts. That's about all I recall. I really feel the need to rewatch this movie and get a fresh assesment of it. I remember enjoying it as a kid of 8 years old...I wonder how it holds up now that I'm 46?

Here are some I wish to see again...
. The CURSE of the UNDEAD (1959)-This was a vampire movie set in the old west. the bad guy/gunslinger was a (gulp!) vampire!
.BEAST of MOROCCO (1966)-aka the HAND of NIGHT -I don't recall much of this beyond that it confused the hell out of me when I saw it as a kid back in the early seventies on late night TV. In my notebook of movie titles (yes,back in 1972, I had made a list of all the horror movies I had ever seen...and rated them...I was a real geek...) I gave it a ZERO. I wonder what I would think now? I mean...back when I first saw Al Adamson's DRACULA vs. FRANKENSTEIN and  T.V. Mikal's ASTRO ZOMBIES as a kid-I hated them...now I enjoy them. Hmm.
.The LEMON GROVE KIDS meet the MONSTERS (1965) I vagually recall seeing this on TV as a little kid. It was made by the same genuis that gave the world The INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES THAT STOPPED LIVING and BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES (whew!)...Cash Flagg-aka Ray Dennis Steckler. Here's a link to the trailer on imdb...http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi462815513/
.HOMEBODIES (1974)-Saw this at the theater when it first came out. About a buncha old folks killing off construction workers who plan on tearing down their building. I really enjoyed it at the time. I don't believe it's ever been released to DVD. May never be either. Pretty much a forgotton movie.
.The MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE (1961) -Don't recall a lot about it,beyond that it was similar to Lon Chaney Jr.s the INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN .
.the 4-D MAN (1959)-A child hood favorite! He could walk through walls and his touch would wither and kill people! I loved it! I NEED to see this one again!!!

Small | Large

That's a few...so-howzabout you guys? Any movies YOU would like to see again? Or maybe not...as not to possibly ruin a nostalgic memory of a perhaps lousy film?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 06:50:15 AM »

This one - saw it when I was a little kid.  They find a planet on the opposite side of the sun - that's why we've never noticed it before.  Astronauts are sent to it, and it's exactly like earth, except everything is in mirror image, like the writing is reversed and stuff.

Bugs - Some cockroaches come out of a crack in the ground.  They can start stuff on fire.  The main scene I remember is the cockroaches on a wall, and they use their bodies to spell stuff.  Yes, they're intelligent!  I can't remember if the movie was though.

There was some British TV series, or maybe it was like a series of TV movies or something.  Or maybe it was just one TV movie, I don't know.  It was low budget mystery/suspense, with a definite horror feel to it.  I remember seeing it on TV probably back in the '70s, have no idea what it was.  The only thing I remember was some people staying at a hotel, and one woman kept complaining that her blue bra had disappeared.  The camera would pan to the next room and there it was.  Apparently there was some bad guy lurking about. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »

Wow. You just brought back a long lost memory-JOURNY to the FAR SIDE of the SUN!!! I too recall that one! Vagually...I seen it onTV in the 70's! Kudos!  Thumbup

As for BUG-I have yet to see that one...I DO know that it was William (The HOUSE on HAUNTED HILL,the TINGLER) Castle's last film...or near last...I think he did one more called SHANKS...Famous Monsters mag hadda big write up on BUG for one of their issues in the 70's!

TV spot for BUG!!!

Small | Large

The last one is one for the 'What Was that Movie?" thread though...ya got me!!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 07:45:07 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:49:23 AM »

Cool trailer for Bug!  It makes it look so exciting  TeddyR  My vague memories of it consist of a guy sitting in a dark room with his cockroaches in a glass box.  And sitting, and sitting.  I think he was slowly going nuts or something.  As a little kid I thought it was marvelously scary and suspenseful - maybe half the excitement came from being able to stay up late enough to watch it!  Not so sure what I would think of it today  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »

I don't know if you'd consider it bizarre or rare; but I'd love to see Taxidermia and can't find a copy anywhere. I'd also like to view Singapore Sling again, but i don't think that is really obscure anymore. I can't find a copy of Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood or Zombie Doom anywhere. Also three years later, I"m still on the hunt for Ferro 45.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 03:03:41 PM »

I don't know if you'd consider it bizarre or rare; but I'd love to see Taxidermia and can't find a copy anywhere. I'd also like to view Singapore Sling again, but i don't think that is really obscure anymore. I can't find a copy of Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood or Zombie Doom anywhere. Also three years later, I"m still on the hunt for Ferro 45.

Ferro 45? I got curious...I can't find that refenced anywhere! Is it an alternate title for Abel Ferrao's MS.45 ,perchance???  Question mebbe?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »

LONG WEEKEND (1977). Aussie couple go camping to try and save their relationship, but nature turns against them. only seen this once but its brilliant..really scary. its come out on DVD I think, need to get that.

@Jack. from your description of the English late 70s series thing, Tales Of The Unexpected springs to mind immediately, but I might be wrong.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Sister Grace

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »

Ferro 45? I got curious...I can't find that refenced anywhere! Is it an alternate title for Abel Ferrao's MS.45 ,perchance???  Question mebbe?

No, it's a late 70s german film about love triangle ends badly during ww2

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Menard
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »

I would like to see some of the made-for-TV movies and one-shots from the 70s; a lot of those were cool, corney, and just even quirky.

We've had it in two discussions recently in the 'what is that film' board, but I would like to see Where Have All the People Gone? again.

How about The World Beyond, a one-hour long pilot that never turned into a series.

A James Coburn movie I just thought of, The Last of Sheila.

I know they have some of these scattered here and there in these 50 movie packs; how about a 50 movie pack of old made-for-TV movies?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »

I saw a film a very long time ago (the ending of which was all I really remember) that I have never been able to identify and which I believe was about the life of ISADORA DUNCAN.  It wasn't the 1968 VANESSA REDGRAVE film, ISADORA, in fact, it was probably that year (1968) that I saw the film on TV, another one of my older brother's "weird" or "art" or read "old" movie choices I can't identify, a movie I watched when very young and impressionable.  Though the film I seek was in Black and White and surely dated to the 1930s, it shared one distinct thing in common with the 1968 ISADORA: the ending with the scarf getting caught in the spokes of the wheel...

THE FURIES (1950) is a BARBARA STANWYCK Noir Western just released on DVD (but watching expenses these days, will pick up eventually).  A terrific potboiler with WALTER HUSTON, WENDELL CORY, GILBERT ROLAND, Dame JUDITH ANDERSON... DUEL IN THE SUN if DUEL were really good...!!! 

THE LITTLEST RUNAWAY?  A late 1940s independent film about a boy who "runs away" to Coney Island for the day; the sound is all dubbed, the shots are all one-take live, it feels very documentary (but is in fact a screenplay).  Can't identify this one at the IMDB either... any ideas what the title might be of my first film or this one?

THE REALLY BIG FAMILY made for TV documentary mid 1960s about a family with many children... now apparent on IMDB but lord knows when I'll ever get the chance to see that again!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062180/

J.T. (1969) a film I had seen several times since its first airing and each Christmas through the 1970s... a sad unvarnished "ghetto" Christmas story that I would LOVE to watch again if not own!  Details available at IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158681/

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »

From the lists above, I have DVDs of THE LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTERS (cheap and hilarious) as well as BUG (I'm surprised they haven't released a remake with tons of CGI).

For myself, THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS would have been on the list (but they just released it on DVD and I bought a copy . . . see my recent post).

There's also a very cheap and bad ANIMAL HOUSE ripoff called KING FRAT that I saw in the theater with my buddies at a midnight show many years ago.  I'd like to see it again.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 07:36:05 AM »

I was going to mention Where Have All The People Gone, but couldn't remember the name when I posted.  I saw it as a little kid, in a hotel room with my folks, and for some reason it's stayed with me all these years. 

Another one is Razorback.  Saw it years ago late at night and thought it was pretty cool.  Australian flick about a killer boar loose in the outback.  Doesn't look like the DVD is available except in region 4.  The VHS is available, but not dirt cheap so I probably won't be picking it up any time soon.

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »

LONG WEEKEND (1977). Aussie couple go camping to try and save their relationship, but nature turns against them. only seen this once but its brilliant..really scary. its come out on DVD I think, need to get that.

@Jack. from your description of the English late 70s series thing, Tales Of The Unexpected springs to mind immediately, but I might be wrong.

Netflix has Long Weekend, which is an awesome movie btw, I seen it along time ago and was  pretty impressed.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »

From the lists above, I have DVDs of THE LEMON GROVE KIDS MEET THE MONSTERS (cheap and hilarious) as well as BUG (I'm surprised they haven't released a remake with tons of CGI).

For myself, THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS would have been on the list (but they just released it on DVD and I bought a copy . . . see my recent post).

There's also a very cheap and bad ANIMAL HOUSE ripoff called KING FRAT that I saw in the theater with my buddies at a midnight show many years ago.  I'd like to see it again.

the Lemon Grove Kids....Ray Dennis (alias Cash Flagg) looks AMAZINGLY like Huntz Hall!

as for KING FRAT...  http://cgi.ebay.com/Delta-House-aka-King-Frat-aka-Campus-King-VHS-Rare_W0QQitemZ360074565751QQihZ023QQcategoryZ309QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Sister Grace...Ferro 45 has got me obbsessed now...I can find NO reference for it ANTWHERE!!!  I been to ebay, youtube , imdb, ....very elusive!  ARGHHH! I WILL DISCOVER the whereabouts of this film if it KILLS ME!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:07:41 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 12:35:27 PM »

I don't know if this counts, because I finally found and bought the movie ... but a comedy called "Your Three Minutes Are Up." Starring Beau Bridges and Ron Leibman, came out in the early 70s.
 Two buddies -- one about to get engaged and feeling tied down and his carefree unemployed pal -- just say screw everything and take off on a trip up the California coast. They run up bad credit, pick up women, visit massage parlors, run all kinds of scams and basically just have a blast.
 I remember seeing this on late night TV and years later I tried to find the movie. It wasn't easy, took me several months of internet searching before I found someone with a copy.
 Well worth watching if you can find it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Once Seen obscurities « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.