Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:51 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Really dumb pre made foods ... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Really dumb pre made foods ...  (Read 15996 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: August 07, 2008, 11:23:47 PM »

So I've been really busy here lately and I was giving an estimate on some HUD (Housing and Urban Development) houses repairs today. One house the people just left ... and they left all their food and other belonging which I'll give away free if you like zillions of fleas. So anyway I saw some cans of ...

Chef Boyardee Macaroni & Cheese IN A FREAKIN' CAN!!!

How damn hard is it to fix a box of nasty macaroni and orange synthetic cheese-like-flavored powder? Is it so hard that it need to put in a can for quick and easy convenience? Because boiling water is just to hard to do.

I guess what annoyed me most was these people couldn't pay their rent or utilities as HUD housing is Section 8 which is mostly paid by the government (i.e. Joe Taxpayer) but they could pony up $1.30 (Wasn't food stamps as it was bought at 'Big Lots' and they don't take them.) for a 12 oz. can of nasty pre-made mac and cheese, whereas you can buy 3 16oz. boxes of it for a $1 which will make about a bucket of it.

So there they sat, something like 20 cans of mac and cheese and my first thought was "Mac and Cheese pre-made in a can ... that's just wrong, wrong I tell you, wrong."

I guess what got me most, got me thinking was that I go in a lot of houses and it seems like nearly everyone has 'ready to eat'/'heat and eat' foods and most of those people are xx-large. Is it that hard to fix food from scratch? Something actually nutritional? I like macaroni and cheese, but geez ... boil some water, cook the macaroni and melt some real cheese (or Velveeta) on it, really it's not that hard. Takes less than 30 minutes, start to eat.
Yes I know, sometimes we're all rushed, or tired and we just want something quick and easy, no muss, no fuss food, but if everything you eat is cooked in some huge factory ... well that's just lazy IMHO. Because even if your tired Mac and Cheese is just not that hard to make, if it was it'd be on the Iron Chef. 

So have you seen any food products that just should not be pre-made, ready to eat, like little cups of Jello with some fruit cocktail in it ... another no brainer east to make food, if you can classify Jello as food ... but hey there's always room for Jello.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:45:08 PM »

Yea, I avoid all the pre-made crap as much as I can. Nothing like paying extra for crap that isn't good for you. I see all kinds of crap like that, I've even seen canned OMELET. I mean, My kid knew how to cook eggs and throw a bunch of other junk in with it when he was around 5 years old. Out of morbid curiosity, I bought a canned omelet, , honestly, it tasted just like the omelets that are in MREs, probably a little worse. This frustrates the crap out of me because I can make a b***hin' omelet, and I can tell you, it's not rocket science.

Anyways, Same thing with things like pre-made hamburgers, , they use the crappiest beef they can find, and it goes downhill from there.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:31:16 AM »

. One house the people just left ... and they left all their food and other belonging which I'll give away free if you like zillions of fleas.

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout but also  BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 06:02:25 AM »

Pre-made food drives me crazy, for the most part.  Occasionally I'll by a can of baked beans or spaghetti in tomato sauce [or as they say, ketchup  Wink ] just for a quick meal to put inside a toasted sandwich for a snack.

The worst pre-packaged crap I've ever seen was pre made mashed potatoes...  Hatred  Sounded like the worst thing ever.  It's powdered type crap you add a bit of water too, chuck in the microwave and BAM, gooey gross stuff for you!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 06:13:42 AM »

I do buy some pre made stuff but it's mainly for ease.  The only stuff that I buy pre made is spaghetti sauce.  I could easily make it myself but I only use a little bit and the recipe that I have is for a large amount (Like making pasta for a family of 4).  Plus I don't make that much money so I don't want to buy all the stuff for it and end up wasting most of it.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 06:32:07 AM »

Once again, I have to say things are simply too easy in our society. That and our society is getting way to lazy. People don't want to grow quality produce from seeds or take the small extra time to prepare them so they settle.  Then again, I can't say I haven't done that.  Hence why my cholesterol levels were through the roof at a young age. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »

One time my wife bought this frozen turkey thing, I guess she thought it was a turkey roast (which we like), but it was slightly different.  On the box there was this picture of this beautiful turkey dinner.  So she tosses this frozen block in the oven for an hour and a half.  Know what it was?  Twenty five slices of turkey sandwich meat in three cups of gravy. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »

Not exactly a pre made food but I once was working at a food drive and someone put in several packaged green beans.  Have you ever seen these, disgusting.  Who actually expects someone to eat that crap, I wouldn't feed it to my dog just by looking at it!

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

Not exactly a pre made food but I once was working at a food drive and someone put in several packaged green beans.  Have you ever seen these, disgusting.  Who actually expects someone to eat that crap, I wouldn't feed it to my dog just by looking at it!

I don't like canned vegetables either.  My dad used to get us canned corn during the winter and I would never eat it since I told him it tasted like metal.  He never believed me until one day when he ate some and said that I was right and it did taste like metal.  Now the only corn we use is frozen corn which we only use when we don't have any fresh corn or do not want to use our "special" fresh stock that we froze for special times.  We also have fresh corn as well which we use most of the time.  We do though freeze fresh corn every year so that we have a bunch of it when it comes time to use it for the holidays.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »

I don't like canned vegetables either.  My dad used to get us canned corn during the winter and I would never eat it since I told him it tasted like metal.  He never believed me until one day when he ate some and said that I was right and it did taste like metal.  Now the only corn we use is frozen corn which we only use when we don't have any fresh corn or do not want to use our "special" fresh stock that we froze for special times.  We also have fresh corn as well which we use most of the time.  We do though freeze fresh corn every year so that we have a bunch of it when it comes time to use it for the holidays.

Actually they weren't canned, they were in plastic cups like pre-made Jell-O.  Even grosser.

Yes, salad.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

Actually they weren't canned, they were in plastic cups like pre-made Jell-O.  Even grosser.

My mistake.  That does sound awful I have never seen vegetables in plastic cups before.  Now I almost don't want to see it.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 12:59:45 PM »

My mistake.  That does sound awful I have never seen vegetables in plastic cups before.  Now I almost don't want to see it.

Trust me, you don't. 

Yes, salad.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »

You should all try this crap, I don't even know what they make it from, it's not 100% pork?

Advertised as "faggot food"

We have stores over here like Lidl & Iceland, where everything is cheap, german, factory made food and it's all frozen.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »

a few years ago pepperidge farm had this stuff called "toasting bread"  which was different from regular bread somehow.  thicker or something.  toasting bread?
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »

Once again, I have to say things are simply too easy in our society. That and our society is getting way to lazy. People don't want to grow quality produce from seeds or take the small extra time to prepare them so they settle.  Then again, I can't say I haven't done that.  Hence why my cholesterol levels were through the roof at a young age. 

That is why if something should happen in the world and people had to go out and actually provide for themselves, grow food, hurt food, preserve food etc ... the world will be a pretty specious place in a matter of months. People would starve off in droves.

You should all try this crap, I don't even know what they make it from, it's not 100% pork?

Advertised as "faggot food"

We have stores over here like Lidl & Iceland, where everything is cheap, german, factory made food and it's all frozen.

I've seen that while in England, really don't know why they're not a popular food item in San Francisco.

I saw pre-cooked rice today, just heat and eat. Again is it that hard to boil water, use a streamer or even fix it in the microwave? It was a 4 oz bag for about a $1. 4 oz. that's a 1/2 cup. Or you can do it the old fashion way and cook it yourself and make around 20 cups for a $1.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Really dumb pre made foods ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.