Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:48:33 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good News! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Good News!  (Read 6560 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 08, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »

In a previous thread I mentioned that within a span of about 4 months, I got laid off from my job, was flooded out of my home and then the transmission went out on my car.
I lost my livelihood, my home and my car.

They say that "when it rains, it pours".  It didn't just pour on me, it was like a tornado hit me.

Today, out of the blue, my grandpa bought me a '92 midnight blue Pontiac Bonneville SE.   Thumbup

It looks kind of like this one:

That's not all...
I also got a call about a job I had previously interviewed for and I got the job!
Start date is August 18th.

So I guess that good things can happen sometimes, even to poor schmucks like me.   Wink

How about you?
Ever have something really cool happen to you in a short period of time that just made your day?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:03:56 PM by Ash » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:53 PM »

Haha, nice rebound! Yeah, it's happened to me before, several times... I don't recall specifics but it's a feeling unlike any other; pausing for a few moments and suddenly realizing everything is allright! BounceGiggle

Now, I realize not everything is allright with you, but I've never had anything bad happen like to the degree it did with you. With me it's mostly been emotionally draining stuff, and in those cases even the smallest things can bounce me back a lot of the time, reassure me that there's still hope, that the other person might want things to turn out well just as much as I do Wink

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:49:49 PM »

I am truly happy to hear this.

Every day we have enough bad news that it is great when something good happens, and even greater when we know that person and can celebrate with them.

I've not had any sudden turns of fortune myself. Though, I would consider each step that gets me further to be a fortune.

I hope you have some set aside, as it has been a while since you were put out of work, so that you are not having to scrape to get to work.

How are things coming with the apartment, or are they? Will it be re-inhabitable?
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:57:51 PM »

How are things coming with the apartment, or are they? Will it be re-inhabitable?

Still can't move back in yet.
They've got the air conditioning up and running but there's no power in the apartments on floors 4,8 and 9.  (I live on 4)
The hallway on my floor has power, but the apt's do not.
On floors 10,11 and 12, the apartments have power but the hallways do not.
They're waiting on some "breakers" of some kind and apparently, each one costs something like $2,000.   Buggedout

They're also waiting for a new fire pump.  That's the one that pumps the water for the building's sprinkler system.  If a fire were to break out and that thing's out of commission...well, you get the idea.

The elevators are also out which means everyone has to use the stairs.  I'm glad I live on the 4th floor and feel sorry for those people that live on the 11 and 12th floors. (the stairs are pretty steep ones)

So they're not allowing anyone back in until the power is fully back and that pump has been replaced.
Until then, I'll have to keep staying here at my grandpa's house.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:59:59 PM by Ash » Logged
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »

That's great Ash, some people say sh!t happens, I say that it just means something good's around the corner.

I've never had one of those really great super days when a whole bunch of awesome stuff happens unexpectedly, but I have had good days and that works for me.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »

That's really swell!  Thumbup Some times I get so lost in my own miasma of self pity I forget that lotsa people got it worse....they say good luck comes in 3's....I'm bettin' your apartment will be ready soon!  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »

That's cool man. Glad things are turning around for you. Great to have a cool Grandpa that's fer sure. Misses my own sometimes as he was always there for me and/or my family we needed him too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 05:51:01 AM »

Awesome man, I used to be jobless, was sleeping on the streets, my girlfriend had cheated on me and I got hit by a car and then stabbed! Life kept sucking worse and worse, then it all turned around.

A run of bad luck always ends at some point, same as a run of good luck.

All the best for the new job!  Cheers
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:55:16 AM by circus_circus » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »

May fortune continue to shine upon you Ash.  You're a nice guy, you deserve it.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »

I'm very happy that things are starting to turn around for you, Ash. Congratulations on the new job & car!

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »

Good news indeed Ash!   It makes you feel so great when things happen like this.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »

It's a Monday morning here and it's supposed to be a blue Monday but..............that message of yours, Ash made me really  TeddyR.

That's great, Ash, a good car, a new job, all I can say is  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 05:09:13 AM »

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Good news!   Thumbup

Good luck with the new job too!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 01:44:55 PM »

Congratulations, Ash! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »

What terrific news, Ash!

Good luck with the new job, and I'll bet you'll back in your place before you know it.

Then the last few months will seem like a bad dream - or some kind of wacky adventure.  Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Good News! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.