Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:18:20 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 B- movie Actors and Actresses ! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: 100 B- movie Actors and Actresses !  (Read 227057 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

89. Elizabeth Russell

Exotic-looking and eternally mysterious Russell is best known for her roles in Val Lewton's 1940's series of classic b-film horrors. Russell had small to starring roles in most of them, including CAT PEOPLE, CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE, BEDLAM, and THE 7TH VICTIM. Russell's image appeared in THE UNIVITED (1944) as the portrait and the ghost(?) Mary Meredith and she had a major supporting role in Universal's 'Inner Sanctum' mystery WEIRD WOMAN.

Most appropriate for this site, though, Russell played Bela Lugosi's ancient wife Countess Lorenz who needed the 'gland fluids' of blushing brides to stay young in THE CORPSE VANISHES.

The scenes where Russell (in old age makeup) screeches and whines at Lugosi to hurry up and extract the fluid from the brides are some of the finest in poverty row horror history!

Elizabeth Russell certainly has a place on any 'Top 10 Favorite Actresses' list I'd ever make.

This is an interesting addition.....and a revelation to me! I remeber her from the CORPSE VANISHES....and I have seen the Lewton films...but never equated the actresses! Karma for a revelation (for me at least!)  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2008, 04:24:06 PM »

91. Roddy McDowall

Child star at MGM, 60's & 70's Disney movies, APES series, ARNOLD, FRIGHT NIGHT 1 & 2, voice of V.I.N.CENT in THE BLACK HOLE,  LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, IT!, The Bookworm on TV's Batman, etc. etc.

He was the only actor in the world who could emote with his hairline.
I felt very sad the day I learned he died.

Classic 70's McDowall cheese: guest-starring on Wonder Woman
Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2008, 10:10:39 AM »

92. Jack Elam

Jack's, er, unusual looks earned him small roles playing the "heavy" in numerous films, especially oaters.  He got small roles in some huge productions like GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRALL and ONCE UPON THE TIME IN THE WEST, as well as a lot of TV work, but he has an impressive B-film resume as well.  Instantly recognizable, Elam showed up in WILD WEED, KISS ME DEADLY, THE GIRL IN LOVERS LANE, CREATURE FROM BLACK LAKE, CANNONBALL RUN I & II, and about 1000 B-Westerns.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »

I remember Elam as the Frankenstein Monster in the (very) short-lived CBS sit-com Struck by Lightening.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

93. Big JOHN BLOOM!

Never heard of him? Try these b movie classicks...
DRACULA vs. FRANKENSTEIN (1971) as the Monster (with J.Carroll Naish,Lon Chaney Jr.,Angelo Rossitto,and FJA!!!)
the INCREDIBLE TWO HEADED TRANSPLANT (with Bruce Dern)
BRAIN of BLOOD (with Angelo Rossitto too!)
ANGELS WILD WOMEN
the DARK (aka the MUTILATOR)
the HILLS HAVE EYES II
STAR TREK VI

A BIG guy!!!

and lots more!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Raffine

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »

Virtual Karma for Big John Bloom!

Wow! I had no idea he was ever in anything as mainstream as STAR TREK VI.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »

94. Ray Milland

Another Oscar Winner (THE LOST WEEKEND) who did more than his fair share of memorable B-pics in his declining years, often working for Roger Corman.  Notable roles: PREMATURE BURIAL, PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO, X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES, FROGS, and TERROR IN THE WAX MUSEUM.

Here he is acting "alongside" Rosey Grier in THE THING WITH TWO HEADS:

Small | Large

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »

C'mon guys, don't give up now, there are so many more! 

95. GEOFFREY LEWIS who is in one of my favorites, BAD COMPANY (1972) but was reminded of because 33 years later is in THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.  Aside from a ton of TV work like MOON OF THE WOLF and SALEM'S LOT, he's also in THE CULPEPPER CATTLE CO., HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTFOOT, MACON COUNTY LINE, SMILE, THE RETURN OF A MAN CALLED HORSE, NIGHT OF THE COMET, LUST IN THE DUST...

Hard to find pix online, here's a link to his IMDB page with their ungrab-able pix: 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0507212/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:28:00 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

Hmm I have a quick list I jotted down with close to 20 more names on it and that's just off the top of my head (sure there's even more than that though, obviously they all can't make the 100 list although personally I'd like to see us expand this thread beyond that limit).

96. DONALD PLEASANCE: Actually I'm amazed he isn't already listed. Aside from being most famous for his Dr. Sam Loomis role, Pleasance was the Man with the Power on The Outer Limits, was William Hare in THE FLESH AND THE FIENDS, was the President in ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, Blofeld in YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Father Loomis in PRINCE OF DARKNESS, SEN in THX-1138, Professor John McGregor in PHENOMENA and that's just the tip of the iceberg. He also appeared in the 1956 version of 1984, CIRCUS OF HORRORS, THE HANDS OF ORLAC (1960), EYE OF THE DEVIL, FANTASTIC VOYAGE, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS, HOUSE OF THE DAMNED, THE MUTATIONS, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO (1975), ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN, JOURNEY INTO FEAR, LAND OF THE MINOTAUR, THE UNCANNY, TELEFON, NIGHT CREATURE, GOLD OF THE AMAZON WOMEN, DRACULA (1979), THE MONSTER CLUB, THE PUMA MAN, ALONE IN THE DARK, WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD, THE TREASURE OF THE AMAZON, WARRIOR QUEEN, THE HOUSE OF USHER (1980), VAMPIRE IN VENICE, TEN LITTLE INDIANS (1989), BURIED ALIVE (1990) not to mention appearances on "The Ray Bradbury Theater", "The Twilight Zone", "The Fugitive", "The Defenders", "Danger Man" and "One Step Beyond" and even more.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:17:16 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:17 PM »

97. Marjoe Gortner.  Amazing back story: he was raised from a youth to be an evangelical scam artist.  His conscience got to him, and in his farewell tour to the tent-revival circuit he invited a camera crew along to document his performance, including honestly showing how he scammed his parishioners out of their paychecks.  He parlayed this film experience into a B-movie career, appering in THE FOOD OF THE GODS, VIVA KNIEVEL!, STARCRASH, MAUSOLEUM, JUNGLE WARRIORS and HELLHOLE, among others.

From STARCRASH

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

98. EDDIE PARKER-I have to include this unsung film great. 
Any fan of B-Westerns,Universal horror,50's sci-fi,or 40's serials has seen him.
Still puzzeled? He was a bit player and stuntman.
He fought the Wolfman,Abbot and Costello,Tor Johnson (as Dr.Eric Vornoff turned Atomic superman!),was a Mole Man,turned into Mr.Hyde for Boris Karloff,and into a caveman !

Some of his credits....FLASH GORDON (1936),BUCK ROGERS(1939),THE GHOST of RRANKENSTIEN(1941),FRANKENSTIEN meets the WOLFMAN (1942),BATMAN(1943),COBRA WOMAN(1944),the MONSTER and the APE(1945),HOUSE of DRACULA(1945),MY PAL TRIGGER(1946),the CRIMSON GHOST(1946),JESSE JAMES RIDES AGAIN (1947),ABBOTT and COSTELLO meet FRANKENSTIEN (1948),KING Of the ROCKET MEN(1949),MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949),ATOM MAN vs.SUPERMAN,1950),CAPTAIN VIDEO(1951),ABBOT and COSTELLO meet DR.JECKYLL and MR.HYDE (1953),REAR WINDOW (1954),BRIDE of the MONSTER (1955),20,000 LEAGUES UNDER the SEA(1955),TARANTULA (1955),ABBOT and COSTELLO meet the MUMMY(1955),the MOLE PEOPLE(1956),MAN of a THOUSAND FACES(1957),MONSTER on the CAMPUS(1958),CURSE of the UNDEAD(1959), SPARTACUS (1960) and literaly HUNDREDS more!!!!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2008, 04:58:32 AM »

Do my eyes deceive me, or isn't Kurt Russell on the list?

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2008, 06:44:50 AM »

Do my eyes deceive me, or isn't Kurt Russell on the list?

Actually...there are countless players that should be on here...
Karen Black,Scatman Cruthers,William Marshall,Frank Moran,Dick Foran,Evelyn Ankers(!),the 3 Stooges(!!!),Hopalong Cassidy,Roy Rogers,Neville Brandt(!!!!),George Colaris,Kenneth Tobey,Don Megowan, Jim Davis,Uschi Digart,Keene Duncan,Jim Hutton,Bruce Cabot,Micheal Dunn,Anita Ekberg,...
But ,like Andrew said in another thread,the list can go one as long as someone wants to add to it-I'll continue to update!  Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »

Oh Scatman Cruthers for sure!  Thumbup We should have a list go to 1000  TeddyR

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »

99. Udo Kier

Look at that resume!  Can't imagine how it took so long for his name to come up.

MARK OF THE DEVIL, ANDY WARHOL'S DRACULA, ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN, THE STORY OF O, SPERMULA, SUSPIRA, DR. JEKYLL AND HIS WOMEN, EVEN COWGIRLS GET THE BLUES, JOHNNY MNEMONIC, BARB WIRE, BLADE, SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE, FEARDOTCOM, BLOODRAYNE, GRINDHOUSE, HALLOWEEN (2007), MOTHER OF TEARS

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 B- movie Actors and Actresses ! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.