Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:18:48 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 B- movie Actors and Actresses ! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: 100 B- movie Actors and Actresses !  (Read 227054 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »

William Smith was in GHOST of FRANKENSTIEN???? Wow....thats....so...wild!!!!  Cheers  Buggedout  Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »

71. Jayne Mansfield

"Here they are, Jayne Mansfield!"  The original Marilyn Monroe clone, and the first major actress to appear nude on film.  Credits include FEMALE JUNGLE, THE LOVES OF HERCULES, PRIMITIVE LOVE, DOG EAT DOG, LAS VEGAS HILLBILLIES.  She inspired the most exploitative movie of all time after her death, THE WILD, WILD WORLD OF JAYNE MANSFIELD, created with scarps of unseen Jayne footage, stunt doubles, and tasteless footage of the automobile crash that ended her life.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »

72. Divine (Glenn Milstead)

(In)Famous as the star of some of John Waters' most notorious films such as MULTIPLE MANIACS, PINK FLAMINGOS, FEMALE TROUBLE, and POLYESTER, Milstead aka Divine also had a successful stage and nightclub career. More than just a scary drag act, Divine developed into a talented slapstick comedian with great comic timing.

Late in his career he played male roles in several low budget films and was the character model for Ursula the Sea Witch in Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID, and was reportedly hired to do the voice as well. He died of a heart attack at the age of 42 the night before he was to begin as a regular on Married... With Children. With his death, Pat Carroll was hired as the voice role of Ursula.

The idea that Divine (his eating dog crap onscreen was one of the milder things he did in Waters films) was associated with a Disney animated film boggles my mind.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:58:40 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2008, 09:01:09 PM »

William Smith was in GHOST of FRANKENSTIEN???? Wow....thats....so...wild!!!!  Cheers  Buggedout  Cheers
I had no idea either, but expect a lot from JASE...  TeddyR 
I couldn't find the scene I was looking for, the cool climax, but here's a clip from my own favorite WILLIAM SMITH appearance:
Small | Large

Watching crap like that late at night twisted my brain into a lover of cheese

71. Jayne Mansfield  "Here they are, Jayne Mansfield!"  The original Marilyn Monroe clone, and the first major actress to appear nude on film...
I beg to differ but you need to check out HEDY LAMAAR in ECSTASY (1933 aka EKSTASE...) even TCM showed it within the past year (which shows how progressive segments of cable TV have become) and you get quite a good look at HEDY

Oh! And I nominate for #73 MANTAN MORELAND who appeared in KING OF THE ZOMBIES, REVENGE OF THE ZOMBIES, CABIN IN THE SKY, SHADOWS OVER CHINATOWN, THE SHANGHAI COBRA, SPIDER BABY...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:17:27 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2008, 03:29:11 AM »

MANTAN! Believe it or not...If he didn't show up soon...I was going to include him!!! Those cheezy zombie pictures would have been pretty lame without Mantan....as it is,though....I find them endlessly watchable! The guy should have been in  STAR comedian...alas...he was regulated to B movies....a victum of Hollywoods racial discrimination....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »

71. Jayne Mansfield  "Here they are, Jayne Mansfield!"  The original Marilyn Monroe clone, and the first major actress to appear nude on film...
I beg to differ but you need to check out HEDY LAMAAR in ECSTASY (1933 aka EKSTASE...) even TCM showed it within the past year (which shows how progressive segments of cable TV have become) and you get quite a good look at HEDY

Good catch AHD.  Of course Brigitte Bardot also beat her to the punch.  I should have said, the first major AMERICAN actress to appear nude on film... I'd be very pleased if you corrected me on that one as well!

My next nominee:

74. CRISWELL! (The AMAZING Criswell!)

Okay, he only appeared in 3 films, in minore roles, but all are b-movie classics: PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, NIGHT OF THE GHOULS, and ORGY OF THE DEAD.  My favorite oddball member of Ed Wood's troupe. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »

Good catch AHD.  Of course Brigitte Bardot also beat her to the punch.  I should have said, the first major AMERICAN actress to appear nude on film... I'd be very pleased if you corrected me on that one as well...!
Well... MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN appeared completely nude in the original version of TARZAN AND HIS MATE, in a swimming scene later cut out of the film (and as legendary as the missing clips from KING KONG).  According to the IMDB, three versions were filmed, O'SULLIVAN in suit, topless, and nude, so that each U.S. state could choose their own censorship acceptable version.  The fully nude version was restored in the 1990s.  I did see a showing of that one, also on TCM, and needless to say, I was surprised at how much could be discerned in the underwater shots...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:17:12 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »

Good catch AHD.  Of course Brigitte Bardot also beat her to the punch.  I should have said, the first major AMERICAN actress to appear nude on film... I'd be very pleased if you corrected me on that one as well...!
Well... MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN appeared completely nude in the original version of TARZAN AND HIS MATE, in a swimming scene later cut out of the film (and as legendary as the missing clips from KING KONG).  According to the IMDB, three versions were filmed, O'SULLIVAN in suit, topless, and nude, so that each U.S. state could choose their own censorship acceptable version.  The fully nude version was restored in the 1990s.  I did see a showing of that one, also on TCM, and needless to say, I was suprised at how much could be discerned in the underwater shots...

And I love Maureen O'Sullivan, too!  I doubt she's appropriate for this list, though.  Too many good movies.  Although she did do THE DEVIL DOLL as well as the Tarzan movies...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2008, 05:01:43 PM »

Well... MAUREEN O'SULLIVAN appeared completely nude in the original version of TARZAN AND HIS MATE, in a swimming scene later cut out of the film (and as legendary as the missing clips from KING KONG).  According to the IMDB, three versions were filmed, O'SULLIVAN in suit, topless, and nude, so that each U.S. state could choose their own censorship acceptable version.  The fully nude version was restored in the 1990s.  I did see a showing of that one, also on TCM, and needless to say, I was suprised at how much could be discerned in the underwater shots...

...and here's a clip of that nude scene!!! WARNING! (She's...ah...nude...but tastefully so!)

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2008, 05:34:52 PM »

...and here's a clip of that nude scene!!! WARNING! (She's...ah...nude...but tastefully so!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNGXdw2_6DM

THANKS, RC!   

This thread is WAY off-topic... but there's nudity, so I'm not complaining.

Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

O'Sullivan was in JUST IMAGINE (1930), too, which is about b-movie campy as they come.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

O'Sullivan was in JUST IMAGINE (1930), too, which is about b-movie campy as they come.

" Campy? Who's campy?"

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2008, 09:42:31 PM »

OK, back on topic...

75. Maureen O'Sullivan  Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2008, 09:55:57 PM »

OK, back on topic...75. Maureen O'Sullivan  Smile
Apparently, you are "very pleased."    Wink  I was not suggesting she belonged on the list, just for the record, but yes, she did appear nude, nude, nude long before JAYNE!!   BounceGiggle  I, too, thank BELA
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:03:08 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »

75. The one, the only... Adam West!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 B- movie Actors and Actresses ! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.