Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain That Wouldn't Die « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Brain That Wouldn't Die  (Read 33903 times)
DarknRahl
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 12:51:23 AM »

I didn't enjoy this silly movie as much as a lot of other dodgy B&W horror-sci/fi films. I can't really put my finger on why either. It ticked all the right boxes, preposterous 'science', head in a pan that speaks without a voice box, freak hidden in the closet, mad scientist, scantily clad women and a woefully small budget with resultant p**s-weak camera work, cheap effects and nasty editing.

It is worth watching but doesn't seem to hit the highs of say a 'Robot Monster' or even a 'Brain from Planet Arous'.
Suz
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure MST3K made fun of this movie...
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 08:50:34 PM »

I liked it, and we have to remember that a majority of the quick cheapo B movies from that day were made with the intention of dollar signs because people were eating them up left and right, as they were a release from the problems of the day.

So naturally, accurate science won't be the main goal of these sorts of movies, lol

For me, the whole story comes off like one of those old color cover\b&w inside pulp rags from my day, like Tales From The Tomb and Weird.  Not a blockbuster in any sense, but just a way to kill some time and get a few laughs and chills, though not necessarily in that order.  TeddyR

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Casey Lisa
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »

archive.org has The Brain That Wouldn't Die (besides lots of other cool ephemera, home movies, cartoons, etc) and I was wondering, do you think it was an inspiration for Frankenhooker?
Love your movie reviews, you should publish them!
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »

There was more than one head on the block in that time, so to speak...another film called "The Head That Wouldn't Die" was made in and around the same time period, and the film was a bit more serious and somewhat "believable", lol

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »

There was more than one head on the block in that time, so to speak...another film called "The Head That Wouldn't Die" was made in and around the same time period, and the film was a bit more serious and somewhat "believable", lol

There was also the german made the HEAD (1959),which also included scanty clad women!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »

This a cult classic. That I personally think that could have a very good remake, if done well of course.
My complaint is that it went into too much smut and forgot that he is doing this for the love of his life.
I get that he wanted a model like body, but the movie was so obsessed with the women eventhough it was nice to see a lot of lovely ladies.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Brain That Wouldn't Die « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.