Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:47:30 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Girl gets kicked out of Kentucky mall because her dress..... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Girl gets kicked out of Kentucky mall because her dress.....  (Read 5850 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 12, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »

.....that she bought there the day before was too provocative and husbands were looking at her.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/26820379.html

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »

It's a good job my girlfriend doesn't live in Kentucky then, she'd be thrown out of the state!

sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

Probably the place is run by a bunch of people and there were a bunch of people in there who think if a woman isn't wearing six layers of clothing and have something on that doesn't completely cover her ankles that the woman in question is loose or other less endearing terms.  And it sounds to me like the "guard" was getting his jollies ooogling this young lady.  Thumbdown

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:04:28 PM »

There's got to be more to this story than the article is telling.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »

I agree 100%.

I see more revealing outfits than the one in that picture at church on Sunday.  If that's the dress that caused the issue, there's GOT to be more to it than just what she was wearing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »

There has to be.  I've seen teenage girls (on the younger scale) wear short shorts and other provocative clothing in the closet mall where I live and I don't see them getting kicked out for that.  Hell, last week I was at a hospital with my father while he was getting some tests done and this female who I would guess was about 12 or 13 was wearing shorts that were so short that if she bent over I swear everything would be showing as a result.  
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »

I agree, I've seen more provactive clothing.  I'm guessing that there was one wife there who shouted at the manager until he just found it easier to let the hag have her way.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »

Living in Kentucky I can tell you I've seen shorter dresses in churches, malls, schools, stores, walking down the street etc. Hell she probably bought the dress at that very mall, yes there has to be more to the story.

Probably the place is run by a bunch of people and there were a bunch of people in there who think if a woman isn't wearing six layers of clothing and have something on that doesn't completely cover her ankles that the woman in question is loose or other less endearing terms.  And it sounds to me like the "guard" was getting his jollies ooogling this young lady.  Thumbdown

Lookingup Have you ever even been here?

the master
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

girls at my school wear WAY shorter pants skirts and dresses then that and nothing happens
Menard
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »

There doesn't have to be more to that story.

The Richmond Mall is run by incompetents. They have killed off half of the mall by allowing stores to not connect to the inner mall.

Lexington Mall did this and is now, and has been for a few years, enclosed by a chain link fence; it is a hollow edifice.

Turfland Mall did this. They are almost to where Lexington Mall went.

Fayette Mall will not allow a store to not connect and is now the largest mall in the state.

The only thing holding Richmond Mall together is that they sit next to a Walmart. Meijer and Target have plans to build stores at the interstate. Walmart can survive where they are, easily. The mall, most likely, will not; not with the way they run it.

The city itself is not much different.

The police are completely incompetent. Their idea of redirecting traffic is to send people down a side street and let them find their own damn way. Their cure for finding a bank robbery suspect who was black man was to arrest a black man; it didn't matter that it was the wrong black man (he fit the description, he was black).

The road department only seems to work 9-5 and will shutdown major thruways during rush hour.

It's not a horrible town or people, but the local government and businesses like Richmond Mall really make you wonder about what kind of idiots run the place.

I don't disagree that it most likely stemmed from some loudmouth who could not keep her husband's attention on her, and had to blame it on some girl's dress rather than accept that nobody wants to pay attention to her, even her own husband.

The security guard was simply out of line by having the girl do a 360 for him.

Of course, for future reference, the girl should have called the police on the security guard for inappropriate sexual advances. The mall is a public place of business, unless they want to institute a membership program for entry. It's not some minimum wage rent-a-cop's place to decide what is or is not appropriate in a public place of business if that is by personal preference only (would have been different if she was completely naked and otherwise would have then been guilty of indecent exposure).

Considering that the security guard got his jollies off on her, he should either be brought up on charges, or fired. The mall should issue a public apology. I don't think restitution is in order, but it would be nice of the mall to make a donation to a local victim's group.

Maybe there is more to the story, but it doesn't matter as the mall had the opportunity to comment on the situation and chose not to. Silence is just as good as an admission.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Girl gets kicked out of Kentucky mall because her dress..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.