Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:18:05 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hawaii Five-O to return... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hawaii Five-O to return...  (Read 5504 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: August 13, 2008, 07:25:58 AM »

Classic 1970s police show Hawaii Five-O is set to make a small-screen comeback, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The updated series will be produced by Ed Bernero, the man behind popular US crime drama Criminal Minds.
The original show, which ran from 1968 to 1980, starred Jack Lord as Detective Steve McGarrett of the fictional Hawaiian state police department.
The series became famous for its brassy theme tune and McGarrett's famous catchphrase, "Book 'em, Danno".
The new show will revolve around McGarrett's son Chris and feature a reworked version of its familiar opening music.

On location
Like its predecessor, the new show - dubbed Hawaii Five-O 2.0 - will be shot on location in Hawaii.
"We will try to keep as much of the original as possible," Bernero told the Hollywood Reporter. "I'm not trying to reinvent it."
According to the trade paper, US TV network CBS is also developing an updated version of The Streets of San Francisco.
The original series, which ran from 1972 to 1977, starred Karl Malden and Michael Douglas as cops investigating crime in the city.

I liked this series when I used to watch it at my grandparents, I'm more of a "Miami Vice" kinda guy, but I hope they do a good job of this and try to retain the vibe. I can't stand all the CSI stuff and crime drama's, they're all exactly the same IMO.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »

Five-O was good, although I'm still waiting for that Bj and the Bear remake/update.

I never get what I want.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »

For years there was talk of a big screen remake of H5-0, my dream cast included:

The Rock as McGarritt
Matt Damon as Dann-o
Chow Yun Fat as Wo Fat

Never could come up with who could replace Zulu as Kono, I forgot my other choices.

Obviously have to pick lower wattage names for a small screen remake of the show. But Hawaii 5-0 2.0? That's so awkward. Just call it by the original name or go with my abreviation above "H5-0".

I hate the current crop of CSI-type shows and got tired of the Law & Order style procedural shows years ago. I'd well come a well done cop show either gritty and down and dirty (Hill Street Blues, Homicide: Life on the Streets, or the short-lived Brooklyn South or exciting, offbeat, and fun (Miamai Vice, Due South). Poor poor Keen Eddie we hardly knew ye. Private Detective shows seem likely to never return to popularity, so cool cop shows will have to do.

Only saw an episode or two of The Streets of San Francisco in reruns, but a good drama beats one more "reality", "gorgeous rich teens lead shallow, catty, backbiting lives of sex, gossip and deluded fantasy" or "celebrity has-been talent competion/attentionm whore trainwreck" in my book.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:36:22 AM »

For years there was talk of a big screen remake of H5-0, my dream cast included:

The Rock as McGarritt
Matt Damon as Dann-o
Chow Yun Fat as Wo Fat

Never could come up with who could replace Zulu as Kono, I forgot my other choices.

Obviously have to pick lower wattage names for a small screen remake of the show. But Hawaii 5-0 2.0? That's so awkward. Just call it by the original name or go with my abreviation above "H5-0".

I hate the current crop of CSI-type shows and got tired of the Law & Order style procedural shows years ago. I'd well come a well done cop show either gritty and down and dirty (Hill Street Blues, Homicide: Life on the Streets, or the short-lived Brooklyn South or exciting, offbeat, and fun (Miamai Vice, Due South). Poor poor Keen Eddie we hardly knew ye. Private Detective shows seem likely to never return to popularity, so cool cop shows will have to do.

Only saw an episode or two of The Streets of San Francisco in reruns, but a good drama beats one more "reality", "gorgeous rich teens lead shallow, catty, backbiting lives of sex, gossip and deluded fantasy" or "celebrity has-been talent competion/attentionm whore trainwreck" in my book.

I personally never got on the whole CSI bandwagon.  Seen a few episodes, but it's a show I'm not interested in.  Law and Order I love though.  All three actually. 

Cold Case is a decent show as well.  A bit procedural, but still good. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

I just don't see the point.  The show was very much a product of the '70s, which wouldn't work now, so they'd have to change it completely, so why bother?  Oh yeah, 13% more viewers the first week due to name recognition. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »

The Rock as McGarritt
Matt Damon as Dann-o
Chow Yun Fat as Wo Fat

I don't know about the private detective stuff, Rockford files might be a good basis for something. Although james garner would be hard to replace.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »

The Rock as McGarritt
Matt Damon as Dann-o
Chow Yun Fat as Wo Fat

I personally never got on the whole CSI bandwagon.  Seen a few episodes, but it's a show I'm not interested in.  Law and Order I love though.  All three actually. 

Cold Case is a decent show as well.  A bit procedural, but still good. 

I'm surprised that Hawaii Five-O doesn't be a mainstay in reruns.

I love Cold Case, a series my girlfriend got me watching as I eventually discovered that almost every show features great character actors.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flu-Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 11:48:52 PM »

How about the episode where some eco-freak is commiting enviromental sabatage including shooting down the crop duster killing the pilot and he incinerates himself in the sugarcane field,
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »

Something you missed is that Daniel Dae Kim (Lost, B5 Crusade) will be playing Chin Ho Kelly, while Grace Park (Boomer on BSG will be playing Kono).

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hawaii Five-O to return... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.