Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:04 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Millcreek 2 for 1 sale at Deep Discount DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Millcreek 2 for 1 sale at Deep Discount DVD  (Read 4467 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 14, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »

Time to stock up on those 20 movie packs.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Mill-Creek-Buy-1-Get-1-8-4_stcVVcatId474520VVviewcat.htm?promoCode=B1G1MILL0808&extid=email081108_dvd

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »

Kirok,
Thanks for the tip.  Note that when you check out, many of the titles are out-of-stock.  I called DDDVD about it and they said they don't charge your card until they ship.  If time goes by and they still haven't come in, you can cancel.

Still, can't figure out why they're having a big sale and don't have the stock...

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Pilgermann

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 05:45:15 PM »

Kirok,
Thanks for the tip.  Note that when you check out, many of the titles are out-of-stock.  I called DDDVD about it and they said they don't charge your card until they ship.  If time goes by and they still haven't come in, you can cancel.

Still, can't figure out why they're having a big sale and don't have the stock...

But at least they honor the deal when everything is out of stock instead of saying, "Sorry, you missed out!"  Plus they are probably selling quickly when they have these sorts of sales. They had a recent buy 1 get 1 free deal on Criterion DVDs and and those sold out like crazy.  I ordered Robinson Crusoe On Mars and All That Heaven Allows.  I would've liked to have gotten a couple more but I had to pinch some pennies.

Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

Made my purchase - let's see what happens.  4 of my 6 selections were out-of-stock (all the horror & sci-fi sets).  The cartoon collections are in stock, however.

www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:27:50 AM »

I buy about 90% of my movies from Deep Discount and have been a customer for several years.  My experience is that out-of-stock movies generally come in fairly quickly and it is rare that they never get them and they need to cancel the order.  This usually happens only when the manufacturer discontinues the title.  Not having all the movies in stock makes sense from a business standpoint . . . they can keep their costs low if their money isn't tied up in excess inventory.  Except for brand new releases, I find their prices to be anywhere from $1 - $5 cheaper per movie (and sometimes $10 - $30 cheaper on boxed sets) than just about anywhere else.  Plus they always ship free - - there is no minimum order required to get free shipping.  Once you submit your order, it usually takes a day or two for them to ship it (if it is in stock, which is about 90% of the time) and then it shows up in my mailbox in five business days.  I have absolutely no complaints with DDDVD. 

Since January of this year, I have placed 12 orders totaling about $1,500 and there is only one movie currently on backorder: CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN, which I ordered on August 6.  Not bad.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:36:22 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:24 AM »

Burgomaster,
Thanks for the info about DDD.  I've ordered from them before but it's been a while.  Wish I knew about the BOGO on the Criterion DVD's that Kirok mentioned.

I had a bad experience with Buy.com, and since then I've been leery of online retailers in general.  They make it hard to get a hold of them, and once they have your money, it can be a big hassle trying to get it back.  But, like you stated, DDD seems like a reputable retailer and I'm not too worried.

The boxed sets I got were: Strange Tales, Apocalypse, Vampires & More, and Beyond the Grave.  I know these are all PD titles, but I love these sets.  You just can't beat the obscurity/cult factor and the bang for your buck.

www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

DDD is a great place to buy DVDs, they have great deals and their service is great.  I goofed once and my order got put in twice, but it shipped by the time I noticed what had happened .  I called them and they emailed me a prepaid label to mail the extra order back with.

Twice a year they have a super sale where they give an extra 20% off.  Once you order from them you should start getting notices about their sales.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Millcreek 2 for 1 sale at Deep Discount DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.