Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:25:20 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What B movie started it all for you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What B movie started it all for you?  (Read 20393 times)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

Teenagers from outer space, it came with the game destroy all humans and you unlocked it after you beat the game, and now my film viewing life has never been the same.

Haha. I remember that.  My friend had that game and we were trying to watch the movie after he beat it.  Well, we had about four minutes left in the movie, and he accidentally hit a button on the controller and it reset the whole movie from the beginning.  So we then just found the ending on Youtube.  TeddyR
venomx
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »

Godzilla and Gamera movies hands down! If I had to narrow it down to one movie ...

Godzilla Vs Megalon 1973. I wanted Rokuro's "fish boat" really bad, umm I still do till this day lol.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2009, 04:34:04 AM »

Hercules with Lou Ferrigno

One of the greatest accidentally hilarious films to watch when you've got a few brewskis down the hatch.

Small | Large
Time_Signature
Welcome to the zone...
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2009, 06:35:53 AM »

Gee, I can't pinpoint one specific B-movie that started it all. I guess I just grew up on an (un)healthy but probably typicaly 80s diet of Godzilla-style monster movies, A and B sci-fi movies, horror and splatter movies of all sorts, various fantasy flicks and, of course, 70s and 80s TV shows like the original Battlestar Galactica, Knightrider, the He-Man and G.I. Joe animated series.

Action fighter: "I wouldn't turn your back on me if I was you".
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »

That's a tough one to answer for me. Although I had seen plenty of B-movies before this, it was "It Came From Hollywood" that started me down the so-bad-it's-good appreciation road, and that's not a film, but a tribute to many of the best classic B's.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2010, 04:09:25 AM »

I've watched b-movies ever since I was an infant staring at the tube, but I will say that Freddy Krueger and Chucky were my favorite "monsters" as a young lad. However, my all time favorites to this very day are the Godzilla films, I owned everyone on VHS and hope to someday buy them all on DVD (the tapes are well watched, hence, well aged)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »

umm, hard to say, but probably either Pod People, Manos, or Hercules against the moon men

yeah no.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »

It's so tough to pinpoint one movie in particular, but if I had to I would have to pick THE STUFF.

I saw part of this movie when I was maybe 7 years old, as one of those sleepy Sunday afternoon time-filler movies that the stations not affiliated with the major networks used to put on.  I remembered bits and pieces of it but years later I started to wonder if I didn't dream the whole thing up. 

I told my buddy about it when we were about 13 and we started to go on a quest to find this movie.  This was before the days of widespread internet so I didn't have that as a resource.  We scoured all of the Blockbusters and other main video places in the county, with no luck.  I really believed I had made it up at this point.

Then we found this little hole-in-the-wall video store - I told the clerk about it and he recognized it right away, and lo and behold they had a copy.  The VHS box cover had an old cracked picture of white goo eating some guy's face.  Jackpot.

It probably has to do with the long-running circuit that had been running in my head that could finally complete itself and the wave of relief I felt when I realized I hadn't dreamed it up.  That cemented the experience and the genre in my head and ever since it's been an official obsession of mine.

Larry Cohen is still my favorite bad movie director, along with Cronenberg of course.
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2010, 01:22:43 PM »

Plan 9 and the Godzilla sequels, especially Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.. I always loved King Caesar, and how he jogs into battle. I always thought that was brilliant.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Hammermachine
New Visitor

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »

I'm thinking it was probably Them or the Crawling Eye, I was a kid and I don't remember which I saw first. But the crawling Eye scared the sh*t out of me.
streettrash
New Visitor

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »

Monster Dog and Bog.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »

Motel Hell, when I was about 6.  :)

Amanda
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What B movie started it all for you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.