Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:20 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst dvd company to buy from « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: worst dvd company to buy from  (Read 6442 times)
Underbelly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

I bought q $5 copy of "The Brain the Wouldn't Die" that stated "digitally Remastered" and it was obviously taking right from archive.org!

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 04:55:45 PM »

some of manga video's releases are totally s**tty. they may have released a newer, better-looking version since i saw the last one, but i remember watching a dvd of the original vampire hunter d, and it was just crappy. all dark, and muddy. you could barely tell what was happening in some scenes.

CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »

Did I miss it? Did no one mention ALPHA? Alpha releases some true crap, some of the movies they release are of a worse copy than you can find on a Mill Creek 50 pack and some of those are pretty bad.

If I find a some obscure film and I see it's a Alpha release, I'll skip it and find a release from someone else, as most of their stuff is public domain anyway.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »

i'm conflicted about including these guys, because some of their products are really fun, but 5minutestolive.com offers some pretty poor-looking stuff. granted, they're just DVD-Rs with generic labels printed on them, and sometimes this'll be the only place you can find a region 1/0 version of a movie they offer, but they never include optional subtitles, and often when they do offer a film with burned-in subtitles, they often look horrible.

for example, i once bought godspeed, you black emperor from them, and you could hardly see the subtitles because they were white, against a black and white film, and the disc was taken from a really washed-out 3rd or 4th generation vhs. they grade their films for image quality, and this one got a "B", but i simply don't agree.

to their benefit, at least they stop offering films when they become available commercially. at one point they were the only game in town if you were looking for the garbage pail kids movie, but now that it's been released by a major company, it looks like they've stopped.

the master
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »

Did I miss it? Did no one mention ALPHA? Alpha releases some true crap, some of the movies they release are of a worse copy than you can find on a Mill Creek 50 pack and some of those are pretty bad.

If I find a some obscure film and I see it's a Alpha release, I'll skip it and find a release from someone else, as most of their stuff is public domain anyway.
i hate to say this but the mill creek manos the hands of fate is pure crap compared to the alpha one the m c one looks like a old vhs part of the picture is choped off and the film ble
bleeds so alphas not that bad
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst dvd company to buy from « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.