Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:01:58 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  B-Movie Comic Book « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie Comic Book  (Read 2537 times)
Cantukeeslim
New Visitor

« on: August 17, 2008, 04:09:48 AM »

Hi, all,

My name's Shawn Aldridge. I'm new here.

I'm the creator of Vic Boone, a mix of b-movies and pulp detective fiction. My friend, Jeff Winstead, is on art. We were lucky enough to be selected to compete in this month's Zuda competition. The winner receives a contract with Warner Bros to produce further installments of the work. I know it's not a movie  . . . yet.   Smile

Anyway, I mainly just wanted to share it with a community that might appreciate it.

http://zudacomics.com/node/477

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I won't lie-- if you voted for it that would be awesome. voting ends Aug 27th

We're having a contest starting tomorrow, where whoever can name the most movies/tv shows represented on Page 2 wins a ''guest shot'' in the book.

I do want to stress, I plan on being an active member of this site. I love B-movies.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:54:54 AM »

Well...I spotted the robot from DEVIL GIRL from MARS,  one of the KILLERS from SPACE,a Metaluna Mutant from THIS ISLAND EARTH,the ROBOT MONSTER,one of the INVADERS from MARS,one of the slaves from the MOLE PEOPLE,...I think one is the MAN from PLANET X...can't place the waitresses or the guy with one antennea...hmmm...!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:50:24 AM »

RC, I think you're right - that's the MAN FROM PLANET X. That looks like one of the big Martians from INVADERS FROM MARS peeping around the corner. The woman in black looks like one of the CAT WOMEN you'd find ON THE MOON.

And is that Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot crackin' wise in the last frame? I believe it is!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:52:17 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Cantukeeslim
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:56:16 AM »

Ha. ha. You guys are good.

Yes, that's tom servo and crow. You're the only one to spot them so far.

Did you guys read the comic?

Just curious as to what you thought.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

This is fantastic.  I demand more.  I especially like the Robby-inspired thug-bots. 

Cantukeeslim
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »

For there to be more we have to win the competition. So, I say vote 4 vic, saucerman. You do have to register t vote, but there's no spam. Honest. I've gotten one email in a year from the site, and that said, You're in for August.

Drop us a comment, too. We like those.

Spread the word.

This comic, if it continues, is going to be b-movie goodness with a touch of Chandler and Himes. Fun, Fun, Fun.

And at some point, in the near future. Peter Lorre pops up.

Heck, anyone who likes it - - - Please cast a vote for us.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  B-Movie Comic Book « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.