Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Very Bizarre Experience « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Very Bizarre Experience  (Read 6532 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 17, 2008, 10:23:30 PM »

Wow.  I am still pretty shaken up . . .

I was driving home from my Mom and Dad's yesterday after spending a day on the lake.  I was zipping up State Highway 34 at about 65 MPH when a Chevy Truck with its emergency flashers on blew past me like I was standing still.  As it shot out of sight, I saw something white bounce out of the back and land in the road.  It was far enough ahead that I had time to slow down.  As I drew closer, I saw the object was a white styrofoam mini-cooler with the lid duct-taped on.  It had come to rest in the middle of the road, so I decided to move it so no one would hit it . . . and I'll admit I was a little bit curious as to what they'd lost.

When I picked it up, I saw that one corner was broken open from impact, and cold water was leaking out . . . along with some red fluid.  At that point I was VERY curious, so I took my pocket knife and cut the duct tape off. Inside the cooler was some ice with a FRESHLY SEVERED HUMAN TOE on top!!!  My hands were shaking and I felt like vomiting, but I realized what must have happened - someone was racing to the Greenville hospital to get their toe sewed back on,  and the toe, which they had on ice, had somehow fallen out of their truck as they sped up the road!!  I called the hospital on my cell and explained the situation.  They didn't seem surprised . .  . they may have had the person who was missing the toe on another line, for all I know. But I asked them:  "What should I do?   I can have the toe there in just a few minutes if you want me to bring it in!"  But the RN on the other end said for me to stay where I was and be patient . . . .

they had already called a toe truck!!!!   TeddyR TongueOut

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AllisonSNLKid
Dedicated Viewer

Your Saturday Night Live Guru since 1996!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »

Oh come on!!  Silly punchline!!  :-D

It's like people only do things because they get paid.  And that's just really sad.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 10:46:11 PM »

I was driving home from my Mom and Dad's yesterday after spending a day on the lake.  I was zipping up State Highway 34 at about 65 MPH when a Chevy Truck with its emergency flashers on blew past me like I was standing still.  As it shot out of sight, I saw something white bounce out of the back and land in the road.  It was far enough ahead that I had time to slow down.  As I drew closer, I saw the object was a white styrofoam mini-cooler with the lid duct-taped on.  It had come to rest in the middle of the road, so I decided to move it so no one would hit it . . . and I'll admit I was a little bit curious as to what they'd lost.

When I picked it up, I saw that one corner was broken open from impact, and cold water was leaking out . . . along with some red fluid.  At that point I was VERY curious, so I took my pocket knife and cut the duct tape off. Inside the cooler was some ice with a FRESHLY SEVERED HUMAN TOE on top!!!  My hands were shaking and I felt like vomiting, but I realized what must have happened - someone was racing to the Greenville hospital to get their toe sewed back on,  and the toe, which they had on ice, had somehow fallen out of their truck as they sped up the road!!  I called the hospital on my cell and explained the situation.  They didn't seem surprised . .  . they may have had the person who was missing the toe on another line, for all I know. But I asked them:  "What should I do?   I can have the toe there in just a few minutes if you want me to bring it in!"  But the RN on the other end said for me to stay where I was and be patient . . . .

Pardon me, but I'm running out of appropriate responses.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:08:18 PM »

Coming from you, Menard, I will take all those smilies as the ultimate compliment!!! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »

TeddyR BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 03:36:22 AM »

Ya had me for a minute there.... BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Real punny .... Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 07:05:12 AM »

A similar experience happened to me once in a drug store.  Up the street a coffin rolled out of a hearse and down a hill.  It ended up smashing through the front window right when I was asking the pharmacist "What can I take to get rid of this coughin'".   TeddyR

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »

A similar experience happened to me once in a drug store.  Up the street a coffin rolled out of a hearse and down a hill.  It ended up smashing through the front window right when I was asking the pharmacist "What can I take to get rid of this coughin'".   TeddyR

BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

Well all that reminds me of something that happened to me once not too long ago.... When I hit my girlfriend...

It made me feel like such a piece of slime. We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "Your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together, and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad, she won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilege or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into her room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. That was about 5 weeks ago so I guess she didn't go the cops or anything. So later I went home and broke down in tears... My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air", I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say that this cab was rare but then I thought "Nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel Air!" I pulled up to a house for about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!", looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my thrown as the prince of Bel Air.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

Same day that this story happened to Indy I on the way home from my grandparent's lake when the car almost got hit by a fluffy pink matress that fell off the back of a pickup.  That's all I got.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »

I had something like that happen, , I was driving and this cop was right on my tail, , and was kinda making me nervous. I turned and he just followed me,, , it was kinda distracting. So as I'm going, watching him as much as I was watching the road,, , I ran right through about a half dozen ducks crossing the road. I missed them all but one who hit the windshield and was just kinda flopping against it. I couldn't see around the darn thing and I realized it's wing was pinned under my wiper. About then the cop went to pass me JUST as I turned on the wiper to let the thing loose and my wiper flung it RIGHT INTO THE OPEN PASSENGER'S WINDOW OF THE COP'S CAR. He immediately hit the sirens, I thought by this duck flailing around inside that car, , but he jumped out and started yelling at ME. He had his ticket book out and was writing me a ticket. I asked him what he was so mad about and what he was writing the ticket for and he said "Because you flipped me the BIRD". .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Menard
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 01:56:04 AM »

...I was driving and this cop was right on my tail...

And, I'll leave it at that.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 06:06:28 AM »

Well all that reminds me of something that happened to me once not too long ago.... When I hit my girlfriend...

It made me feel like such a piece of slime. We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "Your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together, and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad, she won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilege or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into her room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. That was about 5 weeks ago so I guess she didn't go the cops or anything. So later I went home and broke down in tears... My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air", I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said "fresh" and had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say that this cab was rare but then I thought "Nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel Air!" I pulled up to a house for about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later!", looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my thrown as the prince of Bel Air.

Ok...now that was totally different. I am AGOG...AGOG, I tell you!  Buggedout   

That left me flabberghasted,flummoxed,and...well...agog! AGOG!!!

I don't whether to laff or cry or pee my drawers. I may never recover....kinda like the Living Dead...I don't know whether to kick my dog or kiss my wife...or versa vica!  Bluesad  Twirling  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dave M
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »

There's a blog for these:
http://feghoots.blogspot.com/
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 10:43:57 PM »

Today, with appropriate change of street names and location to Alhambra California, I repeated this story to our receptionist, really had her believing it. When I got to the end and mentioned the toe truck she threw a bottle of white out at me, apparently she has no sense of humor about accidental amputations.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Very Bizarre Experience « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.